Options

Gladiator Hulk Face Me issue

Hi @Kabam Miike, i was using the champ in 6.1.4 with the global node 'close encounters'. Shouldn't his ability trigger when the passive degen triggers?
Also, wouldn't it also trigger when facing void due to passive damage over time from debuffs?
Thank you for your time and attention to my issue,hope to hear from you soon.

Comments

• Options
    notdogenotdoge Posts: 7
    Thank you @HI_guys but for each unique debuff type there is a passive damage over time effect?
    Close encounters degeneration is not a debuff so shouldn't it be a passive effect as one ia far away from defender?
  • Options
    Yes but I'm curious as to why willpower/salve masteries are classified as passive healing thus is affected by eg: warlock's powerdrain; but not the case for these degen effects?
    @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    notdoge said:

Yes but I'm curious as to why willpower/salve masteries are classified as passive healing thus is affected by eg: warlock's powerdrain; but not the case for these degen effects?
    @Kabam Miike

Thats a really good question.
  • Options
    @HI_guys I wasn't referring to the healblock but the powerdrain from passive healing
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    notdoge said:

Thank you @HI_guys but for each unique debuff type there is a passive damage over time effect?
    Close encounters degeneration is not a debuff so shouldn't it be a passive effect as one ia far away from defender?

It's because Void doesn't inflict Passive DOT effects. He inflicts direct damage as a result of his debuffs, but they are not considered Passive DOT.

To address your second point, it was stated in the past by the team that some Degeneration effects from nodes don't count as passive nor active effects and therefore cannot be affected by abilities that interact with those effects. CE is an example of such a Degen effect.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

notdoge said:

It's because Void doesn't inflict Passive DOT effects. He inflicts direct damage as a result of his debuffs, but they are not considered Passive DOT.

To address your second point, it was stated in the past by the team that some Degeneration effects from nodes don't count as passive nor active effects and therefore cannot be affected by abilities that interact with those effects. CE is an example of such a Degen effect.
    Technically they're active. Just Not passive
    According to Zibiit, they're not.

Source:
    "Hey there, I found the answer to your question. This Degeneration from the node is not counted as a passive or active effect, and so wouldn't be altered by any abilities that interact with those types of effects. It can encourage some more aggressive play in a fight but, it can also be re-rolled away via the randomizers that have been made available for M.O.D.O.K.'s Lab. Hope this helps your strategizing in the Labs!"
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

notdoge said:

Source:
    "Hey there, I found the answer to your question. This Degeneration from the node is not counted as a passive or active effect, and so wouldn't be altered by any abilities that interact with those types of effects. It can encourage some more aggressive play in a fight but, it can also be re-rolled away via the randomizers that have been made available for M.O.D.O.K.'s Lab. Hope this helps your strategizing in the Labs!"
    Firstly, saying not passive or active is in itself flawed since effects can be both passive and active at the same time. Degen is not an effect in itself . Secondly, the site is down
    Firstly, not my words, so if you have a problem with the statement, take it up with the team instead. Secondly, Degen is indeed an effect in the same way Regen is an effect.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

notdoge said:

Source:
    Firstly, saying not passive or active is in itself flawed since effects can be both passive and active at the same time. Degen is not an effect in itself . Secondly, the site is down
    Firstly, not my words, so if you have a problem with the statement, take it up with the team instead.
    yes sir . Will do
    Secondly, Degen is indeed an effect in the same way Regen is an effect.
    Some defense are effects . Some degens are not.

I would say that all Degens are effects since they affect the player/opponent in some way.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

notdoge said:

Source:
    Firstly, not my words, so if you have a problem with the statement, take it up with the team instead.
    yes sir . Will do
    Secondly, Degen is indeed an effect in the same way Regen is an effect.
    Some defense are effects . Some degens are not.
    I would say it too. But they aren't by game mechanics.
    I would propose to call those non-passive and non-active effects "Inert Effects". These don't interact with any abilities outside of the node it originates from, nor is it subject to any AA change.