**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A Small EQ Tweak

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
edited February 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Before I suggest this, I have no idea how difficult a coding task it is, so bear that in mind:

Could we set things like EQ to default to opening on the most recent quest a Summoner completed?

It sounds like nothing, but a lot of players run the highest difficulty they can handle first, then work their way down. It’s minor, but it is inconvenient to constantly have the game revert to the hardest, highest quest of the EQ when it opens (e.g., every time I open EQ it brings me to Cav Ch. 3, which is 100% for me; I’m now working through UC Ch. 1).

Again, inconvenient, but not debilitating. It’s just three or four extra taps every time I hit a UC path. But it would be a nice adjustment.

Dr. Zola
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    I’d love this change. It would make completing the other difficulties less grindy
  • Options
    DönerminoDönermino Posts: 94
    I wholeheartedly agree, it's really annoying when I'm doing act 5, scout a quest, then want to go back in and it takes me to act 6
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

It's more painful than it should ever be when paired with lag and bugs. Same goes for selecting act 6 quests after doing act 7. Just pain all round

This is another fix—yes! Another headache I face repeatedly.

Now I’m just waiting for this to get memory-hikes into “Suggestions and Requests” where it will never be seen again.

Can I just ask before the thread gets killed—whichever mod kills it, could you at least respond by sending this to the team prior to extermination?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Campo4Campo4 Posts: 141
    Good idea, I feel like in back issues it does work this way (i.e. when I'm running classic for units, it stays on classic next time I log in instead of variant) so I hope it wouldn't be too hard to alter this for EQ.

Another similar idea: put a graphic of the class that is buffed in the artwork for each of the cavalier difficulty quests, so that before entering we know which class buff is there instead of having to enter, read nodes, exit out, and come back in again. Especially later in the month when you are doing 100% it's easy to forget which class buff is where, and you've already scouted boss so no need to enter and exit so many times.
  • Options
    007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    Welcome this change with open arms. This has came to my mind or many others atleast once
  • Options
    Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 70
    Excellent idea DrZola

It's those small things that could make the overall game experience better.

We do need some serious attention put on connection issues though, it has gotten really bad for me. Moving between nodes even will cause up to a minute delay, just staring at that little red icon in the bottom right corner.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Or just make every difficulty a separate tile inside the eq tile so that we can select which difficulty we want. I mix up difficulty based on solo events, energy available and the time I have to play. This will also work with story content. Clicking on the tile should take you to the options screen from where you can go to Book1 or Book2.
  • Options

I feel a similar issue in the Store. I am not a fan of redundancy, which I see with the Featured section and Misc section. Loyalty is a reiteration of Potions and Boosts, not counting old purchasable champs. Fewer clicks, scroll-throughs, and back-outs make all the difference.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

I’m happy to see I’m not alone in my frustration with the way UI works here.

From what I can see, there are actually three changes suggested so far:

1) Make the default chapter in EQ the most recently completed chapter
    2) Shift the Book 1/2 mechanic so players can go to Book 1 instead of having to navigate out of Act 7 every time.
    3) Include a class symbol in the Chapter headings for Cav EQ that shows which class gets buffs in that particular quest.

Does that about sum it up?

Dr. Zola

Absolutely great suggestions. Like mentioned above, connectivity issues and general lack of smoothness of the gameplay could be looked into, I believe.