**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hood's buff: Kabam giveth, Kabam taketh

ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★
edited February 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
It has become a trend with Kabam when buffing rewards or champions to take something away during the buff. Usually something that wouldn't have made the champion/rewards OP. We saw that in the abyss rewards buff and the DDHK buff and recently the Hood buff.

Hood is a champion I ranked up recently to clear the vigorous assault path on my road to Cavalier and he did it cheaply because of his fate seal which is now gone. You can't refresh stagger or shock duration anymore and his invisibility is now a buff. Also what's the deal with the bullet thingies? So if the opponent doesn't gain buffs you stop doing damage after 28 medium attacks? That's the equivalent of 14 combos or 70 hits. Makes him pretty much useless for long fights. Get two opponents that don't gain buffs in a row and Hood is done. These changes are not necessary. Gutting a champion's utility for more damage isn't a good buff in my opinion. If he has his old abilities along with the new ones, he would be a much better champion. Not broken, not beyond god tier, just better.

My advice is this: Bring back his fate seal, increase the duration a bit and allow him to refresh his stagger and shock with heavies. Also, his invisibility should not be a buff.
I don't know what Kabam was thinking when they made these changes but they just succeeded in making me dislike a champion I recently learned to love.

Hood isn't bad, but in terms of balance between utility and damage, he's not better than he was.

Comments

• Options
    Gilgamesh_Gilgamesh_ Posts: 4
    Hood doesn’t have fate seal. It’s called hex. And it’ll be available in the next rework too. And except that, I agree with your reasoning. Plus I want that AAR reduction with hex back.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★
    Hia sp2 hex fate seals and that is what I was referring to.
    I mostly want the Fate Seal. It was the only reason I ranked him and now I have an r4 that will never see the light of the day. I've got Guilly, CapIW and Hype for damage. I don't need another high damage champion.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    He still controls buffs, just wait until it’s live.

The fate seal and 65% AAR argument doesn’t make sense . No one really used hood for his AAR. The fate seal was so short , he can now steal double the power , and stagger on all crits.

Cat Murdock made a good point.

Overall, someone is going to get affected during rebalances of champs. Old man Logan was someone I used consistently and he was changed and I didn’t like it very much , but he was the better champ.

Kabam gives and takes because it’s called balance, I understand the frustration. But I seriously doubt as many people were using him as much as they suggest, the data would have shown that.

It’s no different than when people were up and arms about cull and Namor, no one ever really used them, but they got angry , but both of those champs are way better now.

There are going to be examples of a situation where this champ was the best for something , but overall it wasn’t being used as much.

I saw the vision AA node , that’s fine. But a lot of those examples were exclusive to him.

All I’m saying is it doesn’t go one way. It’s a two way street.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

He still controls buffs, just wait until it’s live.

The fate seal and 65% AAR argument doesn’t make sense . No one really used hood for his AAR. The fate seal was so short , he can now steal double the power , and stagger on all crits.

Cat Murdock made a good point.

Overall, someone is going to get affected during rebalances of champs. Old man Logan was someone I used consistently and he was changed and I didn’t like it very much , but he was the better champ.

Kabam gives and takes because it’s called balance, I understand the frustration. But I seriously doubt as many people were using him as much as they suggest, the data would have shown that.

It’s no different than when people were up and arms about cull and Namor, no one ever really used them, but they got angry , but both of those champs are way better now.

There are going to be examples of a situation where this champ was the best for something , but overall it wasn’t being used as much.

I saw the vision AA node , that’s fine. But a lot of those examples were exclusive to him.

All I’m saying is it doesn’t go one way. It’s a two way street.

Hood's fate seal was not to keep it up forever but to instantly nullify andy buffs already on the opponent. AAR wasn't ever a core part of him but it was nice and came in handy sometimes. He can now steal double the power but those are only on mediums when firing bullets from the way it's worded. So, if you run out of bullets, you can't steal power. Stagger on all crits is nice but too short and is non-stackable.