**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★

Babies are still crying about this? Move on ladies. Kabam will not change him to what you girls want him to be. It's their game, their rule. Your tears will not change anything. They are buffing champs for us, and most of you ingrates are bashing them. You deserve the regeneration fix lol.

Your adding nothing to the conversation, just being rude for no reason.
    Not to mention, just taking the blow when someone is being rude to you and moving on is um...kinda the opposite of manly? Isn't fighting for yourself like, manly? And just being sheepish and passive the "baby" or "lady" move? Not to endorse toxic masculinity, but at least get it right lol
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    WRIR said:

Babies are still crying about this? Move on ladies. Kabam will not change him to what you girls want him to be. It's their game, their rule. Your tears will not change anything. They are buffing champs for us, and most of you ingrates are bashing them. You deserve the regeneration fix lol.

Not to mention, just taking the blow when someone is being rude to you and moving on is um...kinda the opposite of manly? Isn't fighting for yourself like, manly? And just being sheepish and passive the "baby" or "lady" move? Not to endorse toxic masculinity, but at least get it right lol
    Taking the blow and not fighting back is the most "manly" thing you can do in most situations.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021

WRIR said:

Taking the blow and not fighting back is the most "manly" thing you can do in most situations.
    Nvm. Inappopriate.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    WRIR said:

WRIR said:

I'm pretty sure its a b-word move to just stand there and watch as you get disrespected or harmed. Taking the blow is the smart moves in the situation, but I think toxic masculinity dictates that fighting back is the manly move.
    Who gives a **** what they think? Knowing when to stop the situation is invaluable.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Too many pages to go through and too much bickering to read through. Can someone catch me up on what's happening please. Seen someone say they took away his regen?.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    @Qfury said:

Too many pages to go through and too much bickering to read through. Can someone catch me up on what's happening please. Seen someone say they took away his regen?.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/253233/hood-regeneration-issue-resolved#latest

Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, just another check in here to let you know that we are continuously reviewing your feedback here. In light of the recent Bugs, the team has taken a closer look at the situation and are still in discussion.

Please be assured that we value your constructive feedback on the matter and appreciate your understanding at this time.

We hope to provide you with some promising news in the next 48 hours or so. Thank you again.

• AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★
    I want the Hood with burst damage + regen before the fix
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★

Qfury said:

TL;DR: Everyone is ticked because hood got nerfed in the place where people used him for, Kabam have done a piss-poor job at replying to the backlash and then we had a bunch of bickering amongst us.
    There's also the people who ranked him post-berf because they thought some bugs were part of his new kit.

Really just a clusterfunk all around.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Pulyaman said:

Qfury said:

TL;DR: Everyone is ticked because hood got nerfed in the place where people used him for, Kabam have done a piss-poor job at replying to the backlash and then we had a bunch of bickering amongst us.
    There's also the people who ranked him post-berf because they thought some bugs were part of his new kit.

I feel no sympathy for those people to be honest. The regen looked broken as soon as I saw it. When you see a champion doing something not matching with the text and still take him up, you don't rank up the champ.
    All of this could have just been avoided if Kabam took their thumb out, and reverted him to his original kit and just gave him more attack rating.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Qfury said:

I feel no sympathy for those people to be honest. The regen looked broken as soon as I saw it. When you see a champion doing something not matching with the text and still take him up, you don't rank up the champ.
    Hood's abilities read "When the stagger ends".

And to be fair, "ends" is quite a subjective term. Has it ended when it's replaced or when it ends without being replaced? Technically when something has been replaced, the original has "ended", but in terms of the game kabam have decided that that doesn't qualify. Anyone who didnt play Hood before his buff may not have known this was the way it always functioned, and as such would not know that it was bugged.

I feel for those people. Anyone who played hood before should really have known it was bugged.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Qfury said:

And to be fair, "ends" is quite a subjective term. Has it ended when it's replaced or when it ends without being replaced? Technically when something has been replaced, the original has "ended", but in terms of the game kabam have decided that that doesn't qualify. Anyone who didnt play Hood before his buff may not have known this was the way it always functioned, and as such would not know that it was bugged.

I feel for those people. Anyone who played hood before should really have known it was bugged.
    If something looks broken as hell, you don't touch it. Similar to the side event some months back. As soon as you realize something is wrong, stop doing it. I admit Kabam's champion descriptions are very ambiguous, but the regen was too Op. It was 1% health every combo if at least one of your combo crits, tell me that is not broken.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Qfury said:

If something looks broken as hell, you don't touch it. Similar to the side event some months back. As soon as you realize something is wrong, stop doing it. I admit Kabam's champion descriptions are very ambiguous, but the regen was too Op. It was 1% health every combo if at least one of your combo crits, tell me that is not broken.
    If the description said ends without replacement, I’d 100% agree. But just because something “looks broken” I don’t think that’s enough. It’s a very subjective term.

Hoods regen matched his description of ending, it’s on kabam to communicate a bug which should have been obvious through testing, or update the description so it’s less vague.

It’s not on people to realise that kabam messed up when it’s something that isn’t as obviously broken. Plenty of champions regen, some more than Hood. Why is Hoods broken at once a combo? But Ghost rider can regen every hit for a period of time, or Morningstar can regen 20% of hits, or once a combo, or blade on demand when blocking.

• nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    edited March 2021

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Qfury said:

If the description said ends without replacement, I’d 100% agree. But just because something “looks broken” I don’t think that’s enough. It’s a very subjective term.

Hoods regen matched his description of ending, it’s on kabam to communicate a bug which should have been obvious through testing, or update the description so it’s less vague.

It’s not on people to realise that kabam messed up when it’s something that isn’t as obviously broken. Plenty of champions regen, some more than Hood. Why is Hoods broken at once a combo? But Ghost rider can regen every hit for a period of time, or Morningstar can regen 20% of hits, or once a combo, or blade on demand when blocking.

What about BWCV? She can heal like crazy with sp2, sometimes if u hit all crit u heal from 10% to 100% with suicides. Hows that not broken?
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    ShrimpR said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Qfury said:

Regen too OP? How about regen of X-23, old man logan, anglea, black window CV, ghost rider, blade?????
    Tbh in that List only Blade is kinda migitated due to not being able to heal above 71%
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    ShrimpR said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Qfury said:

Regen too OP? How about regen of X-23, old man logan, anglea, black window CV, ghost rider, blade?????
    Kabam
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    nOux said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Qfury said:

What about BWCV? She can heal like crazy with sp2, sometimes if u hit all crit u heal from 10% to 100% with suicides. Hows that not broken?

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Qfury said:

But it was how he functioned previously. I admit the wording was not great, but if you think the other regens you mentioned compare to this, I don't know what to say. GR can regen only every SP3 and he has very little damage and only available as a 5 star till now. Blade has to power for regen. BWCV has a huge rng factor and again sacrifices damage for health. MS can do that only when she is ramped up and its still rng. I have gone through combos where she does not gain any health.
    With Hood, its not once a combo, its atleast once. If 2 hits crit its 2% health without any con. With others mentioning X-23, OML and angela. I never said that regen itself was OP. Regen without any trade off is OP. With every other champion mentioned, you lose something when you go for regen. Hood did not have that.

I agree that kabam should test more, but I am still unsympathetic with rank ups only due to his regen.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    lqd1 said:

I rarely post, but this feels like a good time to. I always liked playing hood as he was, & never felt he really need much just a boost in damage like most. But my question is this to the devs, why with Civilwarrior was his utilities kit kept with just a mechanic for him to gain fury all that was need? Could not the same have been done with hood, but with a rebuff add? The new rupture debuff has been added into the mystic class why not allow Hood shots from his pistols cause rupture, have its stack to a point, and allow it to be refreshed with his heavy like his other debuff's original? Also, if they expire have them cause a %of burst damage....

I like this idea. Better than removing his fate seal and regen. And makes sense with the bullet mechanic. Still want the fate seal back though.
  • Babies are still crying about this? Move on ladies. Kabam will not change him to what you girls want him to be. It's their game, their rule. Your tears will not change anything. They are buffing champs for us, and most of you ingrates are bashing them. You deserve the regeneration fix lol.

That's adorable
  • AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★
    How many repetitive posts in this topic in 44 pages.... it is better to close this topic and open only when there is final information from the admins, otherwise, they will argue up to 100 pages, with repetitive thoughts