**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I feel like the game is too competitive

Maxwell24Maxwell24 Posts: 412 ★★★
edited March 2021 in General Discussion
I feel like kabam has to make the game less competitive. What I mean by that is that you should be able to rank up who you want and not always have to rank up the best champs. Most bad/underrated champs just can't compete with act 7 because of high attack values and crazy nodes. I'm not saying to nerf everything I just want you to be able to rank up a champ like moon knight for example because you like playing them and I want you to be able to use them in stuff like that. What I'm trying to say is I want this game to be more like a game where you can rank up who you want instead of the best champs. Thank for reading :) I am making this post late at night so I'll probably come back in the morning and be like what did I post? Lol

Comments

• VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    As long as resources are limited, we will have to rank the most efficient meta to progress our accounts more than champs we really want to play. But clearing content will allow you to rankup champs you like from the overflow of resources and no one is preventing you from getting good with Moon Knight to tackle content. They are actually tuning down the difficulty and it is very apparent in 7.1 which was easier and more fun than Act 6. Content is only difficulty if you're pushing ahead of your skill and roster. You can wait for 7.1 to be more easier than it is by ranking up a lot of champs before tackling it, or you can challenge yourself and have fun. Majority of us here are in it for the challenge.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Maxwell24 said:

I feel like kabam has to make the game less competitive. What I mean by that is that you should be able to rank up who you want and not always have to rank up the best champs. Most bad/underrated champs just can't compete with act 7 because of high attack values and crazy nodes. I'm not saying to nerf everything I just want you to be able to rank up a champ like moon knight for example because you like playing them and I want you to be able to use them in stuff like that. What I'm trying to say is I want this game to be more like a game where you can rank up who you want instead of the best champs. Thank for reading :) I am making this post late at night so I'll probably come back in the morning and be like what did I post? Lol

I think this stopped becoming a game for me right around act 3. Once I realized I couldn’t use my 3* maxed out agent venom anymore, and I started looking up “ how to parry” etc.

Don’t worry, they are buffing so many champs that you will start getting champs that you can rank up for fun.

Hang in there.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    No one's forcing you to rank up the best champions. I ranked up my Taskmaster just because I wanted to.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    _Sham_ said:

No one's forcing you to rank up the best champions. I ranked up my Taskmaster just because I wanted to.

Kabam is. If he want to progress he kind have to invest in certain champs. Resources are very limited especially for f2p
    There are always going to be options that are more viable than others. There should always be characters that are the best choice for content. So, yeah if they wanted to progress a bit easier/faster, then they would have to invest in certain champions. However, he's not really forced to. I can clear some Act 6 lanes with a Taskmaster. If I wanted it to be easier, I could rank up my Ghost, which I have. It's about choices. If you want to rank up whoever you want, go for it. No one is stopping you. However, that doesn't mean you're going to have the easiest time nor should you.
  • swmcswswmcsw Posts: 249 ★★
    Honestly with all the buffs, I can hardly decide who to rank. Lots of viable champs now days. Most work for something and are useful.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Rankup resources rarity seems to be core to the design of this game, as well as a moneymaker.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer to be able to r3 all my 5* for fun without breaking my t1a bank, but I don't see the situation changing anytime soon. If you want fun rankups, I suggest limiting it to your top fun picks.

Ah, if only we could all have access to the CC Beta.