Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Use Mutant awakening gem on Magneto?

Thoye3Thoye3 Posts: 96
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hi All,

I have been hunting for magneto for a couple months now and finally pulled him yesterday. I am planning to take him straight to R5 in the next level up event, but am now debating if I should give him my mutant awakening gem. I have most of the mutants you would typically give the gem to already awakened (OR, AA, etc.). Is it worth saving the gem for Prof X? I don't really plan on taking namor to R5 and dumping a ton of sig stones into him at this time, but I guess it could happen in the future. For where I am at from a content perspective I have completed chapter 6, explored 7.1, and done a first pass through the variants. I am planning to start working on exploring the variants now. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
    If you have almost every op mutant awakened, I'd do it. I awakened Apoc.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    If you will use namor use it on him. Otherwise mags.
  • Options
    KennMcocKennMcoc Posts: 158
    Mags is more awesome than professor X
  • Options
    Level up event was today for me so I took Mags to R5.

I think I am going to hold the gem for now since he doesn't seem to really need it. If I pull another mutant awakening from the side event I will give him a gem right away.
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    Absolutely yes. Magneto's sig is criminally underrated.

There's a handful of of Mutants that need the sig more than Magneto, but you already have them all duped. The only one that arguably needs it most is Namor, problem is tha a) you would need all 200 sig stones on it and b) A maxxed sig Magneto has far more use than the situational utility of a maxxed Namor.

Why do I say Mags sig is underrated? Well very simple:

1- Mags playstyle NEEDS you to connect heavies. A maxxed sig Magneto can crit on 20k heavies. Harder hitting heavies mean you can finish the fight sooner. Maybe instead of 50 prowesses , 35 would do because tou connected a few heavy crits. Anything that allows you to end the fight quicker has value, less time fighting, less time for things to go wrong. If they do go weong though....

2-.... if things go wrong that is also why maxxed sig matters. 200 sig Magneto will not take more than 10% damage per hit. Considering the damage rating of some bosses in the endgame , one or two hits and your out. The maxxed sig will allow you to eat a 5 hit combo and survive it . Now I dunno about you but I am not a super skilled player, I do make plenty of mistakes. In this sense, maxxed sig Magneto has a built in failsafe for a few mistakes, and that in itself can mean a difference between you using a units/pots or not.

So , do use that gem. It will save tour skin a few times. I know it has saved me more times than I care to admit.
  • Options

Absolutely yes. Magneto's sig is criminally underrated.

There's a handful of of Mutants that need the sig more than Magneto, but you already have them all duped. The only one that arguably needs it most is Namor, problem is tha a) you would need all 200 sig stones on it and b) A maxxed sig Magneto has far more use than the situational utility of a maxxed Namor.

Why do I say Mags sig is underrated? Well very simple:

1- Mags playstyle NEEDS you to connect heavies. A maxxed sig Magneto can crit on 20k heavies. Harder hitting heavies mean you can finish the fight sooner. Maybe instead of 50 prowesses , 35 would do because tou connected a few heavy crits. Anything that allows you to end the fight quicker has value, less time fighting, less time for things to go wrong. If they do go weong though....

2-.... if things go wrong that is also why maxxed sig matters. 200 sig Magneto will not take more than 10% damage per hit. Considering the damage rating of some bosses in the endgame , one or two hits and your out. The maxxed sig will allow you to eat a 5 hit combo and survive it . Now I dunno about you but I am not a super skilled player, I do make plenty of mistakes. In this sense, maxxed sig Magneto has a built in failsafe for a few mistakes, and that in itself can mean a difference between you using a units/pots or not.

So , do use that gem. It will save tour skin a few times. I know it has saved me more times than I care to admit.

Thanks for the advice. I used the gem on him like you suggested and will dump some sigs into him when I can. Holding onto the gem until I get Prof X or decide Namor is worth it doesn't make sense since I am sure I will use Magneto a bunch for 7.2 eventually (whenever it releases). Thanks for all the advice everyone!
  • Options
    KennMcocKennMcoc Posts: 158
    Should I used it on my r3 Red Magneto? Actually I reserved this mutant awaken gem for omega red but I waited him for too long until feel wanna give up