**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Advice For Newer Player

DarkLord8470DarkLord8470 Posts: 105
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
This is my current roster below. I have just finished Act 4 and haven’t 100% completed it yet. I have 100% completed every other act. I’m really stuck because I don’t know where to go from here. I don’t have a TON of ISO to upgrade and im not flush on catalyst resources. I know I need to upgrade and awaken my top champs some more but I’ve also been told I need better champs as in 5/6 stars. any and all advice would be very welcome as like I said I’m just stuck and confused on what to do next.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    I’d try 5.1.

If it doesn’t work out I’d try completing/exploring master eq difficulty, grinding the side quest, and maybe dabbling in some aq to help get some more cats
  • Options
    RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    More 5/6 stars aren't necessary yet.

Focus on Heroic/Master EQ and try out Ghost (eventually rank her as well).
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i would grind out act 4 exploration, that'll get you some good resources, and a 4* generic to use on nick
  • Options
    Under_dug1Under_dug1 Posts: 53
    If you can play ghost and quake perfectly your set for life
  • Options
    crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    I've been playing since near the beginning, and I don't even have above a 3* warlock. Sigh. My Spot is lonely.

Get into AQ for glory and cats. Focus on finishing act 4. You rank up spot and warlock and nick, and you can sleep walk through most of it without needing the skills to play ghost and quake. Of course duping nick helps quite a bit. Spot gets better duped with a high sig.

Things just take time. Worrying about 5's when toy can't even rank up your 4's doesn't make much sense. 5's are just more resource hungry (cats, iso and gold. You can do a lot with max 4's. Old timers didn't have 5's and got through act 4 just fine. You can too.

• Options
    DarkLord8470DarkLord8470 Posts: 105
    crogs said:

I've been playing since near the beginning, and I don't even have above a 3* warlock. Sigh. My Spot is lonely.

Get into AQ for glory and cats. Focus on finishing act 4. You rank up spot and warlock and nick, and you can sleep walk through most of it without needing the skills to play ghost and quake. Of course duping nick helps quite a bit. Spot gets better duped with a high sig.

Things just take time. Worrying about 5's when toy can't even rank up your 4's doesn't make much sense. 5's are just more resource hungry (cats, iso and gold. You can do a lot with max 4's. Old timers didn't have 5's and got through act 4 just fine. You can too.

Wow. Thank you for the amazing advice from everyone but you’re probably right. Like I said before I just had other alliance members telling me to go for 5/6 stars, I really didn’t think it was a good idea to go after them or sell champs.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    I used an all 4*s team when I went for Uncollected last year. 5/6* are shiny and they will help your account progress faster but you don't really need them until you go for Cavalier (Act 6).

Just looking at your roster. I'd rank up Ghost, Nick, and Warlock. Then try to learn Quake. She will destroy 90% of the game for you, once you've learned how to use her.

Finally, progress at your own phase. No need to rush. Your only competition is yourself. This is not a race, it's a marathon.

P.S. Don't sell champs.
  • Options
    ANGRYEAGLEANGRYEAGLE Posts: 149
    Never sell champs no matter how badly you think you need the shards. It will only hurt you and set you back in the end.
  • Options
    DarkZenDarkZen Posts: 285
    ... remember this game is a marathon and not a sprint... 100% act 4 and learn how to use Quake