**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Sorcerer Supreme worth R3 and awakening Gem?

ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
Just pulled my first good mystic 6 star (after 43 Openings)

Is she worth ranking up to R3 (I already have a T5CC) and using Mystic class awakening Gem on?

I'm already thronebreaker and in I currently do not have her as a 5 star at all.

Thanks for the input!

Is Sorcerer Supreme worth R3 and awakening Gem? 50 votes

Yes (R3 and use awakening Gem)
22%
SungjKill_GreyddomLegendary_PoeyWorleyxDeamon1337EtherealityDrauglinWooptyfrickendoo2401McMastur2211 11 votes
R3 but save the Mystic Gem
74%
KDoggg2017username7312MasterduxHammerbro_64yuwBattle_GreninjaEtjamaKRANꓘSuperfighter101nOuxSarvanga1_TheBestinTuakauBonzodavidReignkingTWParam1988VendemiaireDanyal_39ShiftyCritterTTG2020Gr8TonyStark 37 votes
Not worth either R3 or the Gem
4%
Avi146Killer354 2 votes

Comments

• ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    Bump
    For those who are saying save the Gem, which mystic is worth the gem? Is it only Doom or bust?
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    I have her unawakened at R3 as a 5*, and also have 5* mystic AG for her. All that I am waiting to pull the trigger is to learn and master my Ghost CGR first. After that my next in line to learn is SorcSupreme.

So I haven't done it yet but here's what my research so far says about I think you should:

There's surprisingly very few Mystics that really NEED awakening. Among them are Vodooo and Magik, (but they don't exist as 6*) and Mojo (if you are questing with him). Others get considerably better only if you awaken and put them close to max sig ( Morningstar) but since 6* sig stones are so hard to get better not use an awakening gen on these type of champs. . And others like Doom, Sasquatch and SorcSupreme get just marginally better. Tigra, DragonMan, BWCV, SymSupreme and Longshot don't really need awakening. Man-Thing, Hood and GR could actually use the awakening but not on a 6* star version of them, they are ok champs but definitely not 6* AG-worthy-level-good.

So the real contestants for a 6* mystic AG are Mojo, Doom, SorcSupreme and Sasquatch. Why you should go with SorcSupreme:

1- Because of these four, you already have her and not the others. No guarantee you'll get any of the others. And even if you do ...

2- .... of these 4, only Mojo needs/benefits from it more than SorcSupreme.... but SorcSupreme is the better champion of the two. Doom is better than SorcSupreme but getting stronger/more potent blessings on SorcSupreme is more consequential imho than getting a slightly more reliable Doom rotation ... or a slightly higher chance for heals/unblockable on Sasquatch... ( and that is if you ever pull Doom or Sasquatch, that is)

That is my rationale of why you should do SorcSupreme.

I have her unawakened at R3 as a 5*, and also have 5* mystic AG for her. All that I am waiting to pull the trigger is to learn and master my Ghost CGR first. After that my next in line to learn is SorcSupreme.

So I haven't done it yet but here's what my research so far says about I think you should:

There's surprisingly very few Mystics that really NEED awakening. Among them are Vodooo and Magik, (but they don't exist as 6*) and Mojo (if you are questing with him). Others get considerably better only if you awaken and put them close to max sig ( Morningstar) but since 6* sig stones are so hard to get better not use an awakening gen on these type of champs. . And others like Doom, Sasquatch and SorcSupreme get just marginally better. Tigra, DragonMan, BWCV, SymSupreme and Longshot don't really need awakening. Man-Thing, Hood and GR could actually use the awakening but not on a 6* star version of them, they are ok champs but definitely not 6* AG-worthy-level-good.

So the real contestants for a 6* mystic AG are Mojo, Doom, SorcSupreme and Sasquatch. Why you should go with SorcSupreme:

1- Because of these four, you already have her and not the others. No guarantee you'll get any of the others. And even if you do ...

2- .... of these 4, only Mojo needs/benefits from it more than SorcSupreme.... but SorcSupreme is the better champion of the two. Doom is better than SorcSupreme but getting stronger/more potent blessings on SorcSupreme is more consequential imho than getting a slightly more reliable Doom rotation ... or a slightly higher chance for heals/unblockable on Sasquatch... ( and that is if you ever pull Doom or Sasquatch, that is)

That is my rationale of why you should do SorcSupreme.

Thanks for the really long and thorough post. These points completely align with what I was thinking. I think she's better than Mojo and Sasquatch (Plus I have both of them at 5R5 high Sig already) and I don't want to just wait for Doom to use the gem. (I also have Doom as 5R5 Sig 200)

Imo, if the only character I'm waiting for to use the gem on is Doom, I'd rather use it now since the chances of pulling Doom is like miniscule
    For those who voted to save the Gem, I'd love to hear arguments on which Mystic Champs you think deserve a gem (other than Doom)
  • Legendary_PoeyLegendary_Poey Posts: 209
    I have an r3 6* sorcerer and I gave her a mystic gem. No regrets. She benefits from that gem a lot more than you would initially think. I don't know how many sigs you have, but at sig 200 you'll get 33% potency for your blessings. That would translate to an extra 500 attack in damage, 472 extra armor in armor phase and 10% extra perfect block chance, and steal 4% instead of 3% in your power steal phase. She also gains 50% extra ability accuracy which makes her a domino counter (sig 17 will gain 15% which will cancel out domino's aar). As for saving it for doom, doom's dupe is not vital at all to most matchups and he can do almost all matchups that he can do with dupe without effectively. If you want it for prestige then that is something you might want to save it for, but sorcerer's prestige isn't bad at third best in class as a 6*. The only champ I would say benefits from it more and is worth taking up to r3 for a non big spender is tigra.

I have an r3 6* sorcerer and I gave her a mystic gem. No regrets. She benefits from that gem a lot more than you would initially think. I don't know how many sigs you have, but at sig 200 you'll get 33% potency for your blessings. That would translate to an extra 500 attack in damage, 472 extra armor in armor phase and 10% extra perfect block chance, and steal 4% instead of 3% in your power steal phase. She also gains 50% extra ability accuracy which makes her a domino counter (sig 17 will gain 15% which will cancel out domino's aar). As for saving it for doom, doom's dupe is not vital at all to most matchups and he can do almost all matchups that he can do with dupe without effectively. If you want it for prestige then that is something you might want to save it for, but sorcerer's prestige isn't bad at third best in class as a 6*. The only champ I would say benefits from it more and is worth taking up to r3 for a non big spender is tigra.

Thanks for the long comment! Very helpful.

I don't have many sigs now (most went to Ghost) but long term I can see myself taking her up partly because of prestige too.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Kali just gets slightly better rune effects and a small amount of increased ability accuracy, really only good for domino fights.

Idk anything about Doom since Kabam doesn’t want me to have him, but I can tell you that Morningstar, Mojo, Voodoo and Switch (if they get added as 6*) actually need the gem. Kali is one of those that really truly does not need the gem.

Kali just gets slightly better rune effects and a small amount of increased ability accuracy, really only good for domino fights.

Idk anything about Doom since Kabam doesn’t want me to have him, but I can tell you that Morningstar, Mojo, Voodoo and Switch (if they get added as 6*) actually need the gem. Kali is one of those that really truly does not need the gem.

Thanks for this input. I don't think Doom actually needs it either (I have a 5 star) but most people just do it because he's Doom plus he has prestige.

Thanks for the suggestion of keeping for Morningstar and voodoo. Morningstar in particular is an interesting option
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    ddom said:

Thanks for this input. I don't think Doom actually needs it either (I have a 5 star) but most people just do it because he's Doom plus he has prestige.

Thanks for the suggestion of keeping for Morningstar and voodoo. Morningstar in particular is an interesting option
    As I mentioned before, Vodooo needs awakening but he doesn't exist as a 6*, so the point is moot. I also already said that Morningstar needs it too but it needs it a very high sig for it to make any real difference.

That is why the real contest for that gem is between Mojo, Doom and SorcSupreme. Someone mentioned Tigra... I honestly wouldn't know cuz I dont have her in any rarity but from what I read doesn't seem that important.... however I could be wrong.
    I'm leaning towards using the Gem. Because I'm not a huge fan of Morningstar and don't find Mojo to even be close to as good as Sorc Supreme (I have a high Sig 5R5 Mojo)

So ATM for me, it's mainly waiting for Doom or using the Gem on Sorc Supreme
    For those who voted to save the Gem, any other Mystic 6 stars you'd save the Gem for other than

Doom, Mojo, Morningstar?
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Prestige.
  • SpinnakerSpinnaker Posts: 271 ★★★
    Unless you need prestige that awakening isn't worth it imo. My first choice for the gem would be Mojo but since you already discounted him, Tigra is the next best bet. She starts immediately ramped with the awakening and if you can stay aggressive, you can get a lot of value and damage from the awakening on her.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    ddom said:

For those who voted to save the Gem, any other Mystic 6 stars you'd save the Gem for other than

Doom, Mojo, Morningstar?

I voted to save the gem. She wouldn't increase my prestige at all and she is already a favorite of mine unduped. She will be my next R3.
    Another factor for me is the possibility that a future mystic could be introduced that absolutely has to be awakened to be useful.
    Just sharing my thoughts. Your situation could be completely different.

Good luck!
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 812 ★★★
    Pull the trigger....the only one that most people would hands down use it on would be doom. You have a 1 in 175 chance of pulling him basically....and you just said it took you 43 6 stars to get a decent one....and hunting a specific champ like that could take years. My logic is r3 her....clear content easier and you will open more six stars and at a faster rate.
    The interesting thing I feel also is that other than prestige (I'm quite an end game player but not super end game),
    I actually think Doom benefits less from his Sig than Sorceror Supreme?
  • RamOnTheLakeRamOnTheLake Posts: 22
    I have a 6* rank 3 Sorcerer and she definitely feels like she would greatly benefit from being awakened. At lot of times her blessings feel like they are just a little too short(especially the slow rebuff). I also have a rank 3 doom and he definitely doesn’t need that awakened ability. If you need that prestige save for doom but I think Sorcerer is probably the best candidate for an awakening gem.

I have a 6* rank 3 Sorcerer and she definitely feels like she would greatly benefit from being awakened. At lot of times her blessings feel like they are just a little too short(especially the slow rebuff). I also have a rank 3 doom and he definitely doesn’t need that awakened ability. If you need that prestige save for doom but I think Sorcerer is probably the best candidate for an awakening gem.

Thanks for the advice
    Still hoping for a bit more counter arguments from those who voted to R3 her but not use the gem. Who should I be saving the Gem for?
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,071 ★★★★★
    I use sorcerer everyday. She's awesome and have very good kit . Awakened mind 5*. And now there is difference as blessings are more potent and good domino counter at sig 20