**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What is going on with the Hood improvements?

BoSaBoSa Posts: 125
Is there finally any news whether Hood will come back with his improvements or not? When is this planned for? It would be great if you @Kabam Miike could inform.

Comments

• CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    It’s hard to say when we’ll see his buff return, all we really know right now is it’ll be later this year. The thing to keep in mind is that these buffs are planned out and started months in advance, just like new champs and events. The thing we don’t know however, is how far ahead they plan. Seeing as how Hood’s original buff released last month, my guess is that the earliest we might see him could be June or even July, although I don’t really know for sure.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    From when they reverted Hood:

"At a later date (currently unknown), we will reintroduce his Buff, with Fate Seal re-added to his Kit, with adjusted tuning and bugs fixed. This will allow us to confidently re-tune him, and give our Summoners the Abilities that they want, without committing to changes and bug fixes that could result in unknown tuning issues and knock-ons."

Realistically, I concur he's probably in the back of the line since Kabam won't release the list of potential updates this year and we have 2/3 of May already announced.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    It could be next month, or it could be next year.

Given the firestorm, I expected it to be later rather than sooner. Kabam tends to blacklist champions somewhat irrationally. Just look at how long it took them to realize post-12.0 SW wouldn't break the game as a 5*.

The recent glitches with Hood give me some hope that they're working on him right now, but I don't expect him to get that much of a boost. They honestly thought that tiny bit of regen was so OP that they fixed it overnight, and that was without his superduperOP Hex Seal that would've broken the gamelol.

Honestly just wish there were more top-tier nullifiers other than Doom or Suicide Claire. Those two are so far ahead of the rest that it isn't even funny. Especially for suicide players.
  • damianohmdamianohm Posts: 154
    Really liked his update, just needed the hex on sp2 back and he would be perfect for everyone I am pretty sure. Does that take months to complete?
  • BoSaBoSa Posts: 125
    I was quite happy with him and I am disappointed that they had to row back. Unfortunately, I am also not blessed with the best 6 * champs and I was all the happier that the one I actually duplicated could be an R3 candidate. Since I will soon lose out on Mystik T4 I have to look for an alternative in 5 *. Thanks for your participation. I still hope that he will come back with the improvements as soon as possible. Maybe someone will come with official information about Hood.
    damianohm said:

Really liked his update, just needed the hex on sp2 back and he would be perfect for everyone I am pretty sure. Does that take months to complete?

It could take a couple months to complete based on what they already have scheduled to do. Most likely, they already had the May buffs, with possibly the exception of Odin, already planned and possibly even started when the Hood buff first went live. The team members involved in champion buffs have most likely been busy working on champs they had previously been assigned to, so they probably won’t get to working on Hood until they finish the current champs they’re working on.

He probably got put to one side until they are able to actually take time to look at him, as we don’t know if they plan on making any other balance changes. Personally, I’d rather they take their time and not rush it, so that way it doesn’t have any impact on other champion buffs or Hood’s buff. The original buff was full of bugs on release, so I hope that they take the time to ensure that everything is working right before release.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    All they needed to do was give him more base bullets or have them return every fight and bring back his Hex and boom

Pretty Good Character
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

damianohm said:

It could take a couple months to complete based on what they already have scheduled to do. Most likely, they already had the May buffs, with possibly the exception of Odin, already planned and possibly even started when the Hood buff first went live. The team members involved in champion buffs have most likely been busy working on champs they had previously been assigned to, so they probably won’t get to working on Hood until they finish the current champs they’re working on.

He probably got put to one side until they are able to actually take time to look at him, as we don’t know if they plan on making any other balance changes. Personally, I’d rather they take their time and not rush it, so that way it doesn’t have any impact on other champion buffs or Hood’s buff. The original buff was full of bugs on release, so I hope that they take the time to ensure that everything is working right before release.
    True, Odin's bump already pushed somebody else to the back of the line, we'll probably never know who was originally slated for Many besides OGBP

damianohm said:

Surely they work in an agile manner where they are continually improving aspects of the game (I know, funny right) so they wouldn't need to park a whole piece of functionality just to get it right if it didn't work first time.

Having a rigid approach to software development is really not progressive in this day and age...
    SWORD78 said:

All they needed to do was give him more base bullets or have them return every fight and bring back his Hex and boom

Pretty Good Character

You did get the bullets back though right? Problem was mainly around not being able to nullify existing buffs where current Hood excelled.
    damianohm said:

SWORD78 said:

Pretty Good Character

You did get the bullets back though right? Problem was mainly around not being able to nullify existing buffs where current Hood excelled.
    They returned when you nullified a buff or when invisibility caused a miss, IIRC. There was also the bug that gave you bullets when you did heavies or something, too.

As I said, I'm expecting a very minor boost given how timid they were. Even if they kept his bugged regen and bullet refresh, and even if they gave him his Hex Seal on top of that, he still wouldn't have been near Doom or Suicide Claire. He'd be more on par with Sorc Supreme.

damianohm said:

SWORD78 said:

Pretty Good Character

They returned when you nullified a buff or when invisibility caused a miss, IIRC. There was also the bug that gave you bullets when you did heavies or something, too.

As I said, I'm expecting a very minor boost given how timid they were. Even if they kept his bugged regen and bullet refresh, and even if they gave him his Hex Seal on top of that, he still wouldn't have been near Doom or Suicide Claire. He'd be more on par with Sorc Supreme.
    My main issue with the bullet concept was that they persisted from fight to fight, like Diablo’s potions. We already have characters that use bullets or resources of some kind that refresh every fight, like Stealth Spidey and Elsa, so I personally don’t see why they just couldn’t make Hood’s bullets similar to theirs. I’m kinda hoping that when his buff eventually does come back, that they’ll include a change like that so that it makes his damage more reliable from fight to fight.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    damianohm said:

SWORD78 said:

Pretty Good Character

You would get like 1 bullet for nullifying a buff or something crazy low

• Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Hopefully just things that add to his current abilities. I like him as he is and beat 6.2 champion with him.
  • iRanjaniRanjan Posts: 64
    As of now does Hood needs the dupe to be effective? Or is he good unduped?
    No, he staggers and nullifies without dupe.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Would be nice to see. This old hood sucks.
    Old hood is still good I think, the buff control is awesome and that little regen is nice too. New Hood was way better though.....
  • Jacob72518Jacob72518 Posts: 88
    Honestly, perfect buff imo is how he was After Buff bugged version. Each crit refreshed the stagger, while giving regen (like it would when the stagger fell off). I actually kinda liked the playstyle.
    Is it worth tagging mods on this to see if theres an update?
    damianohm said:

No.

If mods are authorized to say something, then they've already said it, usually. Try to only bother 'em if there's a bigot or other kind of rule breaker around, or if something is bugged or broken. Or for memes. Mods love memes.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

damianohm said:

No.

If mods are authorized to say something, then they've already said it, usually. Try to only bother 'em if there's a bigot or other kind of rule breaker around, or if something is bugged or broken. Or for memes. Mods love memes.
    Or when someone pulls Cyclops.