**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Counters to Longshot mini?

KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,413 ★★★★★
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
So Tier 2 Longshot mini has Sp2 bias, Fight or Flight and No Retreat. Best possible counters to him?
Any thoughts welcome, just want to plan.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★
    So with the way longshot's signature ability works, he will get the unstoppable from fight or flight either way, I'd focus on nullifying his unstoppable or just keep parrying him. No retreat is just no retreat... a node that shouldn't even exist.

I'd say colossus, capIW or just torching him
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,413 ★★★★★
    Kappa2g said:

So with the way longshot's signature ability works, he will get the unstoppable from fight or flight either way, I'd focus on nullifying his unstoppable or just keep parrying him. No retreat is just no retreat... a node that shouldn't even exist.

I'd say colossus, capIW or just torching him

Yeah it's the No Retreat which is an issue. No idea why that's introduced in AQ.
  • Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    AA seems like a decent option as if you stack neuros it will bypass both no retreat and fight or flight. Equally spiderham will negate the degen damage if you can keep the nonsense up

AA seems like a decent option as if you stack neuros it will bypass both no retreat and fight or flight. Equally spiderham will negate the degen damage if you can keep the nonsense up

Can AA bypass No Retreat vs Longshot? Longshot has 300% Ability Accuracy. Always thought it wouldn't work.
    GarrettN said:

Colossus is such an annoyance when you play as Longshot. It’s a slugfest but I’d recommend that.

But you don't gain Armour ups also most of the time. Due to the nullify.

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    For his SP2, I believe Incinerate immunity could be a solution.

For No Retreat, someone with a solid block prof could help.

CapIW is the obvious choice, if you could avoid the SP2, then also Sorcerer Supreme and She-hulk maybe? I don't know
    Kerneas said:

For his SP2, I believe Incinerate immunity could be a solution.

For No Retreat, someone with a solid block prof could help.

CapIW is the obvious choice, if you could avoid the SP2, then also Sorcerer Supreme and She-hulk maybe? I don't know

Toying with CapIW atm. Going to just go for different champs on Day 1 to test out, but yeah just wanted to see what others thought.

If any Map 6 player finds a good counter or gets a video mainly for T2 mini, please post it here. Will help a lot.
  • Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★

Can AA bypass No Retreat vs Longshot? Longshot has 300% Ability Accuracy. Always thought it wouldn't work.
    GarrettN said:

Colossus is such an annoyance when you play as Longshot. It’s a slugfest but I’d recommend that.

Forgot he has the 300% ability accuracy not sure it would work equally if you stack enough neuros then you may be ok.

Which map has longshot as the mini?

GarrettN said:

Forgot he has the 300% ability accuracy not sure it would work equally if you stack enough neuros then you may be ok.

Which map has longshot as the mini?
    Map 6. Second Variation.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,083 ★★★★★
    Spider ham
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,083 ★★★★★
    Save the evade for a special attack, and minimizes degen damage
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    I'd use shehulk, magik or torch, maybe void

Save the evade for a special attack, and minimizes degen damage

Yeah Ham and Gulk were options too. Just worrying about passive incinerate on Sp2
    Aleor said:

Not sure if She Hulk works. Slow reduces Unstoppable ability accuracy by 100%, but Longshot has 300% ability accuracy.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★

Aleor said:

Not sure if She Hulk works. Slow reduces Unstoppable ability accuracy by 100%, but Longshot has 300% ability accuracy.
    I checked her description, it says 'reducing evade and unstoppable ability accuracy by 100% and preventing affects of unstoppable'. I guess it means with increased aar you'd still get unstoppable buff or passive icon while under slow, but it would not work while slow is active. Like heal and heal block interaction
  • Legendary_PoeyLegendary_Poey Posts: 209

Longshot's base ability accuracy is 300%, you would need like 10 neurotoxins to shut him down.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★

Aleor said:

Does that apply to the node also or jus this own kit though?
  • SpinnakerSpinnaker Posts: 271 ★★★
    Doesn’t quake and bake work here?
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Spinnaker said:

Doesn’t quake and bake work here?

Yup, or a mix of bake and shake.
    Bugmat78 said:

Aleor said:

Does that apply to the node also or jus this own kit though?
    Pretty sure it applies to the node. It's why Mysterio cannot be Quaked on Encroaching stun.
    edited April 2021
    Tried Rulk today. Didn't go well. If he doesn't throw Specials, it's just too painful due to No Retreat+Fight or Flight
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    I find doom to be a very good option for no retreat in general and he is perfect for Longshot as well.He should work.

I find doom to be a very good option for no retreat in general and he is perfect for Longshot as well.He should work.

Tried Doom. Unless something was wrong with what I was doing, didn't do enough damage.

The combination is really stupid for a mini. Who puts No Retreat on a mini.
    If someone records a solo with champs who aren't Quake/Ghost, please post a video
  • AB3454AB3454 Posts: 4
    I used Sorcerer Supreme today worked alright the problem is keeping the rotation going and getting enough damage it’s a pretty **** combination of nodes really for this content
  • A3G0NA3G0N Posts: 75
    I used Doom on second LS today with Cascading Failure as global. The fight went well. Re-parry helps a lot or just limit/time your dash back. Tomorrow might be a struggle with Turn the Tide global.