**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Does this game require skill or luck with champions

MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
Asking bc let's be honest some champions are great and don't need skill but when played with skill anyone can be great so what's more important in this game skill or the champions luck drop?

Comments

• QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Neither.. you can unit man your way through abyss with 3*s if you have deep enough pockets.

But in all honesty it's probably skill.
    Look at sweadeh for instance, he took down 6.2 champion with Kamala khan... I mean alot of us struggled doing that fight with some of the best options.

It's a skill game imo.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    a bit of both and a lot of the other
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Tesladon said:

DNA3000 said:

MaxGaming said:

so what's more important in this game skill or the champions luck drop?

What's more important for your car: wheels, or engine?
    It’s a coin flip, if yo sound system is sick enough.
    This guy's answer.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    Both.
    Skill can only get you so far with "bad" champions.
    Also is the other way around. Good champions cannot make up for lack of player skill
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Yes
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    80% Skill, 20% Luck
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★

Honestly, I've always considered skill to be someone who can work with any Champion.

It’s one thing to be able to work with a champ and another for the champ to actually be useless garbage
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    What about the existential circumstances like device? Lag? Dropped inputs? Game crashes?

I only ask because I've been playing for 6 years and never played on a device without those factors being a part of the experience. I'll admit, There are patches of uninterrupted play that happen for a couple days or even, hours at a time and in those patches of game clarity, I feel that I'm as skilled as the top 10% of players in this game (Have video proof). I bring this up because yeah, I have an incredible roster of champs after 6 years of roster building but I can play everyone of my champs well too when the game and/or device cooperates with me. All that being said, I believe skill is more required than champs. Quake is the best champ in the game and most struggle to use her. Why? The skill requirement. Hope this makes sense.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Qfury said:

Neither.. you can unit man your way through abyss with 3*s if you have deep enough pockets.

But in all honesty it's probably skill.
    Look at sweadeh for instance, he took down 6.2 champion with Kamala khan... I mean alot of us struggled doing that fight with some of the best options.

It's a skill game imo.

Bingo.
  • PuttPuttPuttPutt Posts: 241 ★★★
    10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power and Will, 5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and a 100% Reason to Remember the Name.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    So I disagree with your first statement. I don’t think there are any champions in this game that don’t require some skill. All of the best champions in this game require skill to play or to understand how to play them and there are always scenarios that require skill no matter what champion you’re using.
  • JuggerNotJuggerNot Posts: 432 ★★
    Time is a considerable factor as well. If you have time for arena, you'll get units and a featured/basic champ every week.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

All the skill in the world won't make OG iron man a good champ

Yes, but if that's the only champion in your roster, you're definitely missing some skill somewhere.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Luck is more important if it's average in each category, if it's 100% and 0% then it's skill