**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Crystal opening mechanics

Yesterday I opened a Grandmaster crystal and got a 3* champ who was right between TWO 5* nexus crystals that I seemlingly *just* missed. Today I opened a legendary crystal and got a 4* champ while the champ right before that one was a 5* Doctor Doom.
It felt like Kabam mocking me and it made be question once more how the crystal opening mechanics work. I find it hard to believe that it's really like a 'wheel of fortune' that is going to stop here or there depending on the millisecond you click.
There might as well be a certain mechanism that determines which champ you get when you open the crystal. And the rest of the champs that are shown right before (and after) on that wheel of fortune are just a distraction that, in most cases, only makes you wanna open more crystals fast.

Comments

• Options
    AndyBeardoAndyBeardo Posts: 180

I find it hard to believe that it's really like a 'wheel of fortune' that is going to stop here or there depending on the millisecond you click.
    There might as well be a certain mechanism that determines which champ you get when you open the crystal. And the rest of the champs that are shown right before (and after) on that wheel of fortune are just a distraction that, in most cases, only makes you wanna open more crystals fast.

You’ve hit the nail on the head there, that’s exactly what happens!

You can actually test it, I had two accounts in the same alliance and if you have two devices you can open a Crystal on one, and watch the alliance feed on the other.

The second you tap the crystal, or it slows down, the champion you pull shows up on the alliance feed.

The reel is just for show
    Thanks, that's really good to know.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I find it hard to believe that it's really like a 'wheel of fortune' that is going to stop here or there depending on the millisecond you click.

You’ve hit the nail on the head there, that’s exactly what happens!

You can actually test it, I had two accounts in the same alliance and if you have two devices you can open a Crystal on one, and watch the alliance feed on the other.

The second you tap the crystal, or it slows down, the champion you pull shows up on the alliance feed.

The reel is just for show
    Thanks, that's really good to know.
    No worries :)

I watch the reel for fun, and a bit of an adrenaline rush when it inevitably stops before a 6* I want. But I know it’s just for show, if you’d rather not then tapping open all gives you the exact same odds- without the disappointment of the reel
  • Options
    AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146

Yesterday I opened a Grandmaster crystal and got a 3* champ who was right between TWO 5* nexus crystals that I seemlingly *just* missed. Today I opened a legendary crystal and got a 4* champ while the champ right before that one was a 5* Doctor Doom.
    It felt like Kabam mocking me and it made be question once more how the crystal opening mechanics work. I find it hard to believe that it's really like a 'wheel of fortune' that is going to stop here or there depending on the millisecond you click.

Good morning!

Doesnt matter if you open or spin. Your future is decided when you press to stop the crystal.
    The reel is like a slot machine: showing so many 6*, that make you feel "i was bad luck this time". So many 6*, doesnt even respect the drop rate.

Can kabam confirm this?

Regards,
  • Options
    LORDSPOOKY66LORDSPOOKY66 Posts: 293 ★★
    I find popping a batch to have better results than indvidually spinning it, but barely
  • Options
    Darksniper240Darksniper240 Posts: 222 ★★★
    I find popping the crystal instead of spinning it gives me less anxiety from seeing the dud 6 star it landed on between two gods for the next 2 weeks.