**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Magik as a 6*

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
So, someone just mentioned that they would love her if she were added to the 6* pool, and I just realized that her Limbo and Adrenaline (the base 6* mechanic of being able to regain a percentage of lost health) might be crazy OP. If you could proc limbo, take damage, then hit the opponent a few times, or even with a special attack, then regen back 100% of the damage taken, you would actually gain health. Maybe this would not work quite the way I am imagining, but maybe this is actually the reason Kabam hasn't released her as a 6* champ yet? Too OP or not? You tell me...

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i don't adrenaline procs because of limbo. it only procs when you get hit
  • Options

I'm saying if you proc Limbo then allow yourself to get hit, or if the first hit you take sends you over a bar of power, then Limbo procs, Adrenaline should also kick in
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

I'm saying if you proc Limbo then allow yourself to get hit, or if the first hit you take sends you over a bar of power, then Limbo procs, Adrenaline should also kick in
    If you heal then the adrenaline goes away I'm pretty sure, like if you have adrenaline for 2% and heal for 10% the adrenaline would away and it would be 10%
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Magik as a 6 star would be my favorite champ.
  • Options

If you heal then the adrenaline goes away I'm pretty sure, like if you have adrenaline for 2% and heal for 10% the adrenaline would away and it would be 10%
    Yeah, I guess this wouldn't be the most practical, because you would have to take damage and heal from the adrenaline before the limbo heal kicks in.

I always loved her as a 5* and it took me ages to awaken her. It's not necessary but I was super happy when it happened. I'm not looking forward to the possibility of waiting actual years until I get any 6* Magik awakened. That is, if they actually release her.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,387 ★★★★★

Yeah, I guess this wouldn't be the most practical, because you would have to take damage and heal from the adrenaline before the limbo heal kicks in.

I always loved her as a 5* and it took me ages to awaken her. It's not necessary but I was super happy when it happened. I'm not looking forward to the possibility of waiting actual years until I get any 6* Magik awakened. That is, if they actually release her.
    Id love to see magik as a 6 as i love using the 5 star that having 6 be fun to test as a r3 then whenever as a r4 since yes her limbo will be increased with the whole adrenaline but adrenaline only does up to 30% health so u dont really get much health from adrenaline so the limbo will still save u more than adrenaline
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    6* Magik would be awesome
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,266 ★★★★★
    Magik SHOULD be available as a 6*!!!
  • Options
    FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    edited May 2021

So, someone just mentioned that they would love her if she were added to the 6* pool, and I just realized that her Limbo and Adrenaline (the base 6* mechanic of being able to regain a percentage of lost health) might be crazy OP. If you could proc limbo, take damage, then hit the opponent a few times, or even with a special attack, then regen back 100% of the damage taken, you would actually gain health. Maybe this would not work quite the way I am imagining, but maybe this is actually the reason Kabam hasn't released her as a 6* champ yet? Too OP or not? You tell me...

Who mentioned that? 00
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Magik is my most wanted character to receive 6* availability.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

Magik is my most wanted character to receive 6* availability.

Same, i’m kinda scared to use a mystic gem on doom in case magik is the next featured. Outside of quake, she is THE one i would go all in for
  • Options
    Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    It would be very cool if Magik made it into the 6* Pool. One of the best power controllers in the game would only get stronger with the addition of a 6* version.
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I would love a 6* magik, I think I'd even r3 her over doom
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    This is some pretty shaky evidence here, but I don't think Magik's Limbo works like that. A couple years ago I noticed that Magik can take damage when Limbo expires, if she didn't take any damage during it, and had some source of healing. In my case, the salve mastery. Her health was higher at the end of limbo than at the beginning, so the "logical" thing to do was to anti-heal/degenerate the difference to get back to where she started.

Now, I'm 99% sure this specific thing doesn't happen anymore, but unless Kabam changed the entire mechanic, this means Magik doesn't store the damage she takes during Limbo, and instead stores her health bar. And at the end of Limbo (if her current health is lower than the stored value) Magik heals the difference.
    As I said, shaky, years-old evidence. Somebody should maybe test that...
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,387 ★★★★★
    Raichu626 said:

This is some pretty shaky evidence here, but I don't think Magik's Limbo works like that. A couple years ago I noticed that Magik can take damage when Limbo expires, if she didn't take any damage during it, and had some source of healing. In my case, the salve mastery. Her health was higher at the end of limbo than at the beginning, so the "logical" thing to do was to anti-heal/degenerate the difference to get back to where she started.

Now, I'm 99% sure this specific thing doesn't happen anymore, but unless Kabam changed the entire mechanic, this means Magik doesn't store the damage she takes during Limbo, and instead stores her health bar. And at the end of Limbo (if her current health is lower than the stored value) Magik heals the difference.

Ur talking about her very old sig rewind limbo heals up any damage she takes
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Probably not gonna happen
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Bendy said:

Raichu626 said:

Ur talking about her very old sig rewind limbo heals up any damage she takes
    No, I'm talking about Limbo. I know she used to have a different sig, but that didn't do this. It didn't activate on her healing, only when taking damage.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Just if you didn't know, neither Magik nor Mysterio needs Adrenaline to heal this way.

Just put a few Mastery Points into Recovery, and both of them will regenerate more health than they lost, if they take hits during Limbo/Reflection phases (assuming they survive!).

I use this to heal Mysterio from chip damage regularly. It's a bit trickier with Magik, since you can't control when Limbo happens as much.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

Just if you didn't know, neither Magik nor Mysterio needs Adrenaline to heal this way.

Just put a few Mastery Points into Recovery, and both of them with regenerate more health than they lost, if they take hits during Limbo/Reflection phases.

I use this to heal Mysterio from chip damage regularly. It's a bit trickier with Magik, since you can't control when Limbo happens as much.

For Mysterio, can also use OML as well for even more regen