**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Elsa is a bit overrated

JoshKosh557JoshKosh557 Posts: 2,833 ★★★★★
I’m just gonna run down what I think about the Elsa situation

Elsa: Main stuff
Above average damage
Incinerate
Coldsnap/evade counter
Solid amount off buffs and debuffs (this can also be a detriment)
Very strong/unique intercept mechanic
Shrugs a non damaging debuff every couple seconds

Her damage is good but can be exaggerated by people.
Her utility’s use is also a bit exaggerated. - she counters evade given that nothing screws with her debuffs.
- she has her evade
- and she shrugs non damage debuffs on a timer

Her evade counter is solid but you need the opponent to evade first before u can counter evade. This leaves her vulnerable to mesmerize/a little risky in general.

Her evade is her best mechanic, helps for aspect of war, aegis intercept and helps for openings in general (however this mechanic alone can’t carry a champ)

Her non damaging debuff shrug is nice but a bit niche. Other than voids and a couple other niche nodes, imma prefer my willpower healing. There are also better shrug of champions in the class who don’t only shrug non damaging debuffs, still a good ability to have tho.

She was is overrated because there r a solid of people who use and “simp” for her (for lack off a better word). While some people call her underrated, there are way too many people who call her underrated to actually consider her underrated.

Overall, She isn’t underrated, she just gets a ton off hate due to people getting annoyed by others full on simping for her (examples include people tryna justify her heal block with suicides as actual utility). She has a good set off abilities but has been outclassed in areas by some recent buffs. She will still be used but there are better options nowadays for the majority of stuff.

Also I may have forgotten to write some stuff, I’m somewhat sleep deprived.

Comments

• Options
    Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★
    She is not the best and definitely not the worst.
    Overall I feel that she is 7/10, if you know how to play her.

She is not the best counter to some nodes but definitely a good option for it.
    She may use a little bit of damage tuneup, imo.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Hoitado said:

xNig said:

Having to not take any block damage in a fight, goes a long way for sustainability.

Having deal bonus damage to science and L/XL champs, big boost to her damage.

Having multiple debuffs to pair with despair to counter regen, and having the ability to shrug off non-damaging debuffs to increase her damage, awesome utility.

As much as some people hate on her, she’s definitely a top 3 skill champ to me. In fact, I use her a lot in AW (I take path 9 stun reflect, regen mini, stun reflect mini and brute force mini), and AQ (I take Diss track).

So she is better than Nick, Aegon, and Shang-Chi?

Now I’ve seen everything
    I would love to see your video of you doing path 9 and all the right side minis with all three of those champs combined.
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Having to not take any block damage in a fight, goes a long way for sustainability.

Having multiple debuffs to pair with despair to counter regen, and having the ability to shrug off non-damaging debuffs to increase her damage, awesome utility.

As much as some people hate on her, she’s definitely a top 3 skill champ to me. In fact, I use her a lot in AW (I take path 9 stun reflect, regen mini, stun reflect mini and brute force mini), and AQ (I take Diss track).

I also take that path in war
    She destroys it
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

i feel like you underestimate her dmg, shes one of my main rol potions farmers right now. fights go quicker then it seems a lot wanna give her credit for, not sure if you are familiar with her rotations maybe, but im hitting big numbers. her evade intercept mechanic is also extremely unique and opens up for a lot more then one would think. helps counter some of the more difficult nodes and fights for a lot of people.

to each their own tho. i dont think shes a top 5 skill, but skill class is stacked with great champs these days so thats not a diss. shes a very solid champ and shes fun to play and unique which is why shes got a good following now

Out of curiosity what rotation are you going for?
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    all i know is that i love my Elsa. she does quite a bit for me. everyone's roster and likes will vary. most champs come down to preference. i prefer, for instance, showers instead of baths. i get clean in either scenario .. i just prefer one over the other. :)
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Hoitado said:

xNig said:

So she is better than Nick, Aegon, and Shang-Chi?

Now I’ve seen everything
    I would love to see your video of you doing path 9 and all the right side minis with all three of those champs combined.
    I bet I could, but the issue is not whether the champion "can" take it, it is whether they should take it. Elsa will never be the #1 or the #2 option likely so Its not a good idea to bring her, for example 35/45 window of opportunity + one eye open / empowered immunity, its common to see magneto, korg, dragon man, modok, thing etc on that node. Is it possible Elsa takes it? sure but there is a risk to it, and since she is not even close to being the best option you would never assign her. (Better counters, note all Quake fights are limited to 45, and not 35)
    Korg - Omega, Quake, Claire.
    Dragon Man - Void, Human Torch, Claire.
    Modok - Falcon, Void, Quake.
    Thing - Falcon, Void, Quake.
    Magneto - Torch, Cap IW, Magik (ps1)

And when it comes to mini bosses such as vigorous assault mini, she won't ever be the best option, common placements such as G2099, Sassy, Man Thing, Mojo.
    G2099 - mags, quake.
    Sassy - Quake, torch.
    MT - Quake, Red Hulk.
    Mojo - Torch, Quake.

On 53 again, she won't be a top option. Common placements, Terrax, Thing, Killmonger, Void, Apoc, HB.
    Terrax - Claire, Sorcerer.
    Thing - Falcon, Omega Red.
    KM - AA, Omega, CMM.
    Void - Ghost, Nick Fury.
    Apoc - Ramped g2099, warlock.
    HB - Hyperion, Doctor Doom.

And 55, same thing.

I am not saying elsa is a bad champ by any means, she just is never going to be a #1 option for a fight, so no recommendation into assigning her.

Well.. Let's see.

Path 9 Section 2, I've taken Magneto DragonMan and Thing on that path with Elsa. Sure you can't take EVERYONE on that path using her, similar to all your suggestions.

Vigorous Assault Mini, I've taken G99, Sassy, iHulk with her there before. It's obviously a Quake node mostly since there's no penalty for stunning the opponent.

On 53, I've taken Terrax Thing Void with her. Same for 55 where you get alot of evaders.

Let's put it this way. She's not the best for EVERYTHING, no one champ is. But because you only have 3 slots for war, she covers alot of ground.
  • Options
    Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★
    The number of hate threads for Elsa shows how good champion she is
  • Options
    Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★

Rbk19 said:

The number of hate threads for Elsa shows how good champion she is

It isnt a hate thread, its supposed to constructive and show both sides
    What is mean by overrated, I don't know how to play quake so if I say she is overrated will that be correct