**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Make Arena brackets based on "Total base hero rating".

Avais_Farooqui_1Avais_Farooqui_1 Posts: 5
edited May 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I have played all sorts of games, PES, FIFA, Pubg, COD, GTA, GOW. Almost all of them have player brackets based on player progression and team strength. But in MCOC there's no way to ever catch up to the top crowd. BECAUSE WE ARE ALWAYS STRIPPED OF OPPORTUNITY TO GROW. Typical example is the arena system, you'll never get a player from arena now since you started playing the game later.
However if brackets are made based on total basehero rating, then it levels the field and gives everyone a FAIR chance to excel and enjoy the game equally. I love the game , but there's ever growing imbalance and rich gets richer with every event or every update.

Comments

• Options
    team19team19 Posts: 2
    Middle tier player left without opportunity to reach top tier, not fair
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Wondering about your suggestion. A few questions that the players would ask,

What would the splits look like? How many should be there?

How can the splits be called fair? Would a 500k and 700k rating player be in the same bracket, even though the difference is pretty significant?

What about those players who were in one bracket at the start of the arena, but had moved into the next by the end of the arena?
  • Options
    LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    I often think where the real problem lie, some content are 2 drain some MCOC players from units? who have hoarded over 50k~ etc.

Wont something like +100 % unit gain from any source work with a penalty above a set amount?
    thinking out loud here
  • Options
    Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    do it based off of hero base rating and for the 6* arena how many u have
  • Options
    TheBoogyMan first of all , currently a person with 500k and 1000k are competing in the same bracket. And yeah once you are in arena your rating changes won't matter, it will reduce the gap.
    Also make rewards available for same bracket.
  • Options
    It won't be cut throat at the top, coz a player with 100 6 stars is competing with a player having say 110.
    Currently a person with 20 6 stars has no scope of getting anything.
    That's what happens in every game, equal players compete in a cut throat competition, not an arena where everyone is competing for same thing, where on can't compete no matter how skilled he his or how much he grinds.
  • Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    I think it would just be easier, and more fair, that in the instance of arenas, all summoners could play any arena regardless of level/progression etc.

If a player who is a few quests away from Uncollected should be able to grind away for 72 hours if they like to get a basic or premium champ.
  • Options
    Yeah exactly they should make the time and effort count,rather than having a whale account and getting everything easily
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

I think it would just be easier, and more fair, that in the instance of arenas, all summoners could play any arena regardless of level/progression etc.

If a player who is a few quests away from Uncollected should be able to grind away for 72 hours if they like to get a basic or premium champ.

The problem in that is the bots. The progression caps serve a limit for the bot profiles too. The bots mostly don't have wuest progressions other than maybe act 3-4. You can see the lesderboard of summoner trails to see the bot profiles. There you can see who's major arena botting and their progresssion.

With the progression caps, the bots are not able to get a lot from the arenas.
  • Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★

The problem in that is the bots. The progression caps serve a limit for the bot profiles too. The bots mostly don't have wuest progressions other than maybe act 3-4. You can see the lesderboard of summoner trails to see the bot profiles. There you can see who's major arena botting and their progresssion.

With the progression caps, the bots are not able to get a lot from the arenas.
    What exactly do you mean by bots? If someone is cheating and using autoplay functions they shouldn't for arena fighting, that shouldn't be used as an excuse to prevent a non-uncollected player from playing arenas.

In this instance the 3 & 4 star champ rewards are at milestones, so 10 billion bots wouldn't damage the gameplay of those grinding their life away to win a champ. It is when the calculations for 5 & 6 start champs are made that the problem occurs. So lower-mid level players are being punished and cannot enter arenas, for the sake of it damaging the leaderboard at the very top level? Is that the case?

BTW I'm a Cav player and have been for some time, these problems I'm describing don't actually affect me.

As for whatever is meant by bots, maybe Kabam could look into sorting/preventing that rather than making a section of their player base suffer.
  • Options
    UnDEADGamerUnDEADGamer Posts: 51
    I would say it should either be based of story progression (so cabs v cavs, uc v uc, tb v tb, ect) or based on amount of x rarity champs like incursions, that way someone with 80+ 6 stars isn't in the sane arena as someone with 30 5 stars.

However if they change arena brackets they will have to do a complete overhaul on the rewards for arenas, both in terms of milestones but also the placement rewards, due to less people in each bracket less people would have to be able to get the featured 5/6 in each bracket. Also to go along with that they should base your top rewards champs on which bracket your in (for saje of simplicity I'll go story) so cav and tb should have 5/6 for basic and featured, uc should be 4/5 featured and 5/6 basic, conquerer should be 4/5 both and so on down the list rather than all brackets getting 5/6