**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How good is Wasp without Ghost?

LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Can wasp be used solo? She is unawakened and 5 star. I don't have ghost. Should I rank her up or not? She's at r1 at the moment
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    I don't see much use for her other than aw defense
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    Yes
  • Options
    Cop123Cop123 Posts: 129 ★★
    her playstyle means you dont need to block the opponent at all provided the sp1 is easy to dex. but if you get hit she has a high chance of just getting koed.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,021 ★★★★★
    Wasp has very solid damage, slightly above average utility, great synergy partners (beyond Ghost), and is all in all a good and useful champion to have on hand. Additionally, she does not need her awakened ability to be useful.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    lol I thought you meant how good is Ghost without Wasp and was so confused at the replies

But she is a Glass Cannon for sure. She can deal good damage but can’t really take a hit

But she is very fun and good for intercepts
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I have my 5* wasp at r5 and I love her. She’s so much fun to play because of her ability to chain heavies on after her combo and she’s got a lot of damage. I use her against almost every mystic and she does a great job even though she’s not built to be a specific mystic killer like torch. I definitely suggest you rank her up some to play around with.
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I use her more often than I'd expect. Wish she had more general utility, but her damage is solid, and her heavy mechanic helps with some annoying nodes.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    she can hold her own and she hits HARD!! used her on her own in the Gauntlet as well.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Super great, wasp people often believe ghost needs as a synergy which in reality is complete nonsense. All it requires is practice
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    I don't think wasp gets any huge benefit from ghost synergy. It's the other way round.
  • Options
    Jr_StarkJr_Stark Posts: 182 ★★
    edited June 2021
    I have a 6* Wasp and she is really really good to play with. High Damage and High crit rate. Personally, apart from using her with Ghost, I always use Wasp as the first try against the boss in a quest, and many times she surprised me with solo. Her HP and block proficiency is low so I would suggest intercept play. Also, you can chain your heavy with MLLL combo (applies passive stun similar to Doom).

Her awakened ability gives more chance to evade opponents attack which is mostly seen as useful for defense but it has saved me many times. Try playing her yourself and if you like, definitely upgrade her.
  • Options
    hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
    She's definitely flimsy but her damage is awesome. If you're good at playing her (the skill-cap is fairly low), you should be fine
  • Options
    JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    As good as she is, she hits a lot harder with havok.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    I really like her, and it's worth mentioning that she has a lot of other synergies than just with Ghost. I really like the one she has with Havok, for example. It gives her a passive 50% fury for 3 seconds when using a heavy attack after a combo (really easy since you get a passive stun). That's...insane.

But even without synergies, I find her really fun to play. A little tricky and not the hardiest, but fun.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,364 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    She's a Heavy hitter; especially with Havok synergy.

Can't see any use for her? Particular uses of that chain-Hvy ability:
    - Making Ebony Maw really simple to manage
    - Aegis-Hvy
    - Icarus
    - Rising Sun
    - Lifecycle

Also great on:
    - Crit Me With Your Best Shot
    - Nodes like Tyranny which deny power - she doesn't really need to throw Specials
    - Previous Cav EQ Science nodes (unsure about this month - haven't done it yet)
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    I like intercepting and baiting specials with her. Great champion, but I only bring her in with ghost. There are better science champions. At 5* r4 she has as much health as a maxed 4 star but guarenteed crits and what not.
  • Options
    Annihilator13_Annihilator13_ Posts: 313 ★★
    LordPSN said:

Can wasp be used solo? She is unawakened and 5 star. I don't have ghost. Should I rank her up or not? She's at r1 at the moment

Yeah I used to her to solo tigra boss in act 7.2
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★

She's a Heavy hitter; especially with Havok synergy.

Can't see any use for her? Particular uses of that chain-Hvy ability:
    - Making Ebony Maw really simple to manage
    - Aegis-Hvy
    - Icarus
    - Rising Sun
    - Lifecycle

Also great on:
    - Crit Me With Your Best Shot
    - Nodes like Tyranny which deny power - she doesn't really need to throw Specials
    - Previous Cav EQ Science nodes (unsure about this month - haven't done it yet)

Yeah, she is great for all those. Don't forget about cheesing Sym Supreme in the corner and things like that as well. Folks don't like her frailty, but I don't mind it because I think it just encourages a no-block playstyle. Which seems like what she is designed for to me. I usually base my decision to use her on what type of sp1 the opponent has. Any opponent with an evadable/punishable sp1 is a prime target for her no block playstyle. If needed, parry just once or twice at beginning of fight (though this can be avoided if desired with intercepts) until you can bait first sp1. Punish with a single M into heavy if you need to close the distance and then heavy spam in corner til they reach next sp1, bait and repeat. Depending on thier special, you can even heavy punish it and basically use a heavy only playstyle. When they stand up, try standing open to bait it. Works most of the time, but be ready to evade if they throw a quick light instead.

Imo, she is not designed to fight opponents with hard to evade sp1 or sp1 that cannot be punished. You will take way too much chip damage.
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    LordPSN said:

definitely .. yes ... and her kit allows to her fight avoiding a lot of block/parries if you do it right as well ;)

The pattern I've found works best:

- first off - vs somebody with easy sp to avoid or evade ... no she's not good vs tricky specials .. that's a fair point worth admitting to ;)

1) Parry - MLLL H
    2) Parry - MLLL H
    3) Bait their special ...
    4) punish special (if you can - hopefuly): MLLL H and then H Spam in corner until they get special back.
    then goto (3)
    5) if you can't punish special, intercept, or parry, etc ... MLLL H

- you can throw your specials in anytime before final hit of heavy .. Can be useful to push their power up if they're not in the corner to H spam.
    - I like to spam sp1 for the stun .. which helps setup the next combo or push them back again (the concussion is nice to shutdown some abilities as well)
    -