**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6 star 1-2 generic gem cant use on the champ I want

WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
edited June 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I’m being forced to use a class based mutant 1-2 gem prior to using a generic. I have 4 1-2 generic gems of which 1 is set to expire in 7 days.

I contacted Kabam as others have instructed and they told me sorry you have to use your mutant gem instead of the generic because our system doesn’t let you choose between the 2. This is nonsense, I should be able to choose whoever I want to use my gems on. Why can’t Kabam rank the champ for me using the gem? This is terrible customer service!!!
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Can’t you click the generic AG in inventory and use it?
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I would maybe right another ticket just to see if you get someone more helpful, because you should be able to use the generic over the class gem
  • Options

Nope and to make matters worse I have 1-2 in 4 different classes. So I can only use this generic on 2 classes. Doesn’t seem very “generic” if I’m restricted to 2 classes!!!

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    How did you get 4 gems?
  • Options
    Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

How did you get 4 gems?

More like 8 in total 😂😂
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

How did you get 4 gems?

Pretty esay 3 from act6 100 then one from gauntlet and if you done the colloter with cyklops 1 more
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,276 ★★★★★
    So use the mutant since you have so many generic, then use the expiring generic on someone else.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Wow. Hoarding 6 star rank up gems now? Smh. I used to sympathize with the players. Now I am just amused by this. Use the resources. You know you will get them in overflow if you complete the content. Why not plan ahead? If it is a 2017 gem vs a normal gem, I understand the issue. But I think kabam is correct in this instant. Use the more restrictive gem first and then the generic one.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    The game defaults to class gems. Reach out to support with screen shots and they should be able to help you
  • Options
    Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Wow. Hoarding 6 star rank up gems now? Smh. I used to sympathize with the players. Now I am just amused by this. Use the resources. You know you will get them in overflow if you complete the content. Why not plan ahead? If it is a 2017 gem vs a normal gem, I understand the issue. But I think kabam is correct in this instant. Use the more restrictive gem first and then the generic one.

It's 6star rnak up gem, is not year specific, only class
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

I know. I was talking any the 5 star gems. If you want to save the class gem over the 3 to 4 2017 gem, I can understand the reasoning. But having a class specific gem taking preference over generic is the correct sequence of selection.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I know. I was talking any the 5 star gems. If you want to save the class gem over the 3 to 4 2017 gem, I can understand the reasoning. But having a class specific gem taking preference over generic is the correct sequence of selection.
    We should have our choice of what to use these gems on. Whether you agree or disagree with hoarding gems is personal preference. The fact is I should be able to use this gem on whoever I can as it is generic.

• Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Why? You should be allowed to choose what gem you want to use. Don't understand why we need to use the rank up gem that they specify.
  • Options
    WHOz_R4GE said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

We should have our choice of what to use these gems on. Whether you agree or disagree with hoarding gems is personal preference. The fact is I should be able to use this gem on whoever I can as it is generic.

The simple fact is this is done to ensure you don't hoard resources infinitely. No point in trashing the support since they only execute what the devs instruct them to do. I am usually all for choices, but in this case, the game is functioning correctly. It always prioritizes class based over generic ones. Use the class one and then use the generic in someone else.
  • Options
    KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 312 ★★★
    WHOz_R4GE said:

Nope and to make matters worse I have 1-2 in 4 different classes. So I can only use this generic on 2 classes. Doesn’t seem very “generic” if I’m restricted to 2 classes!!!

I've had Kabam give me that canned response before on conflicting Rank up gems.

Just open a brand new ticket - you'll get some different CSR who will process the manual correction for you. That worked for me
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Open a ticket and ask them to use the generic for you. Support results can vary so you may have to do this a few times but I know quite a few people they have done this for
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,764 ★★★★★
    Do you not have anyone else of any other class (or a second mutant) that you want to rank up with that gem instead? If all else fails, my advice is to use the class gem on the champ you're eyeing right now and the expiring generic on some trash champ that you still enjoy playing, and hope that they get a buff. Chances are that they will, given the rate Kabam is going at it.
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    rank up your wost character
  • Options
    Gmonkey said:

You telling me you have completed all that content and do not have options for ranking up, beyond one?

Because I have a 1-2 class based mutant mystic cosmic and science. The generic can only be used on tech and skill. Of which yes I have no one currently in those 2 classes that I would use it on.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,161 ★★★★★
    WHOz_R4GE said:

Gmonkey said:

You telling me you have completed all that content and do not have options for ranking up, beyond one?

Because I have a 1-2 class based mutant mystic cosmic and science. The generic can only be used on tech and skill. Of which yes I have no one currently in those 2 classes that I would use it on.
    If you can't get help before it expires, rank up someone in those two classes that you think will get a buff. If they are expiring, you can spare one for the sake of not wasting it.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Zan0 said:

Rank up gems don't work like that
    But they should. Then issues like this wouldn't occur.
  • Options
    WHOz_R4GE said:

Gmonkey said:

Use your other class rank up gem and then you can use your generic on that class. It's not a difficult concept.