**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW node 24 is broken

AW node 24 is broken, the 5% regen is being taken off modified health making champs nearly impossible to beat. Healing 14K per fun expiration.

Needs fixed ASAP!

Comments

• Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    all three BGs in my alliance beat it and so did the alliance we faced. Maybe its you
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Goken2345 wrote: »
    all three BGs in my alliance beat it and so did the alliance we faced. Maybe its you

Maybe you aren't in expert tier where its 200% regeneration and it's taking it off modified health instead of base which it isn't supposed to do anymore (which makes it broken). Have you faced a r4 Jugges there? 14,000 health regen per dexterity.

I'm guessing you are in beginner tier with 75% which is super easy. But maybe it's not me since you know....

REGEN DOESN'T USE MODIFIED HEALTH ANYMORE IT USES BASE HEALTH SO OBVIOUSLY THE CODING IS WRONG. But thanks for the input noob. 6.9M Alliance in T3 AW....Yep....NOOB!
  • shimonkanashimonkana Posts: 9
    Have you try heal block champion?
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    guilly and dex, or healblock? ez node is ez.
  • Dr_Doob617Dr_Doob617 Posts: 35
    @Riegel yes the node is beatable but it is also functioning improperly. Guilly is an ideal champ for it, but what champ are you gonna keep heal block up for the majority of the fight besides OG Vision?
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Draco2199 wrote: »

Maybe you aren't in expert tier where its 200% regeneration and it's taking it off modified health instead of base which it isn't supposed to do anymore (which makes it broken). Have you faced a r4 Jugges there? 14,000 health regen per dexterity.

I'm guessing you are in beginner tier with 75% which is super easy. But maybe it's not me since you know....

REGEN DOESN'T USE MODIFIED HEALTH ANYMORE IT USES BASE HEALTH SO OBVIOUSLY THE CODING IS WRONG. But thanks for the input noob. 6.9M Alliance in T3 AW....Yep....NOOB!

I am in expert tier... 6.9 mil alliance nice.. I remember when I was that low

Good one lol

This is a bugs forum and the node has a bug, this has nothing to do with skill or anything else. Yes it can be beat but it's not functioning properly so why you are posting here doesn't make any sense. I didn't say I need help with the node I'm reporting a bug. I have beaten it several times with my r4 5* Blade thats at sig 160 so I wasn't asking for help lol.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Dr_Doob617 wrote: »
    @Riegel yes the node is beatable but it is also functioning improperly. Guilly is an ideal champ for it, but what champ are you gonna keep heal block up for the majority of the fight besides OG Vision?

CW could but broke is broke
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike can u guys at least acknowledge this issue? Let us know if this is intended (I assume it’s not) so we can strategize going forward? Only one person in our bg has a ranked gully, so we obviously need to know whether that person will always need to take path 6. One dexterity buff and the opponent is basically back to full health right now. I had taken this path previously and always cleared it easily. This war...nope
    Is there another thread on this somewhere? It’s frustrating that no mod has even weighed in on this. It’s not like the issue is in question. Everyone agrees what’s going on
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    It is broken and it does need to be fixed. I'd rather do thorns.
    @Draco2199 any idea when this started?
  • Magik would be good for that node
    No buff and power control.
    Vision would be another option. Same no buff and power control. Heal block too if you play well.
    Magik would be good for that node
    No buff and power control.
    Vision would be another option. Same no buff and power control. Heal block too if you play well.

I used magik. It was ultron. His evades screwed me.
  • ZerovZerov Posts: 26
    edited November 2017
    Node 24 is on my AW path, in tier 1. Depending which champ is on there, it can be more difficult to beat than the mini boss, and some rare cases harder than the main boss, if you bring the wrong champs. I had situation where I had a 20% boost on 5* R4 champs and built up a 30-50 hit combo, and I couldn't make a dent because he just regen'd it all back... In other cases, I steamroll the node like any other node.. Some champs are easy on that node, and some champs are hard... It depends on the matchup.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    Is there another thread on this somewhere? It’s frustrating that no mod has even weighed in on this. It’s not like the issue is in question. Everyone agrees what’s going on

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/28385/how-do-you-beat-blade-when-he-gains-24k-in-25-sec/p1

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/183264#Comment_183264

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/177066#Comment_177066

and the answer is No, they've not said a word.
    Thanks. I will check back later to see if they have responded.

This is a big issue bc at the moment, really only gully or arch angel can get passed a decently placed defender. A poorly placed defender can still be gotten by with power control champs—particularly magik if u power lock them in the corner or are a god tier interceptor (I feel like I’m pretty good but not to the point that I won’t triger even one dexterity in a fight and one dexterity is pretty much all it takes
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    I take this path pretty regularly, I've found ultron is the most annoying champ to face on this node so far. I've been using vision and he frequently evades my l2.

Pretty annoying but beatable.

I've timed out to a rhino on this node a couple times...it's a long fight and it feels like you don't make up any ground until you're about 70 hits in.
  • MaledracMaledrac Posts: 93
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Healing 14K per fun expiration.

Needs fixed ASAP!

Ez Guillot!
  • Guillotine doesn't work on 24.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    vrto wrote: »
    Guillotine doesn't work on 24.

Why not?

We've been placing King Groot there to stop people from using AA. Figured Gilly was their only real option now.
    Gully does work on that node. We took that tile 2 out of 3. And both of those bgs used a 4* r4 gully. Ultron was the defender on both.

Or are u saying that gully somehow doesn’t reverse heal buffet?
    I see kabam mods everywhere on this page yet none have commented on this issue.

Just need to know. Have you decided this is working as intended, in which case we need to “adapt,” or is this a bug (as it certainly seems)? A response from kabam would be nice @Kabam Miike

This issue has been sitting out there for nearly a week now in various threads
  • Run477 wrote: »
    Gully does work on that node. We took that tile 2 out of 3. And both of those bgs used a 4* r4 gully. Ultron was the defender on both.

Or are u saying that gully somehow doesn’t reverse heal buffet?

It reverses but it's duration is not enough and you have a hard time to gather more souls. Dunno if you guys referring to a different tier tho, but my R5 L99 was only able to do one reversal against a 5* R4 King Groot on tier 1, quickly after he was full again, my 5* R4 SL solved it after 2m30s hitting hard mega combo. But KG is not really an example of how terrible this node gets, (for now) not going to fuel even more hate towards the node but there are 2 properties that if a defender has only a very skilled player with a very strong heal blocker can pass through it...

The way I see it this is the strongest node on the map (including minis and boss) and something needs to be done cause all I see is people frustrated for getting stuck on it.
  • BDougHBDougH Posts: 4
    They did say that regeneration effects would be based on base stats but that doesn't necessarily mean that regeneration from nodes, such as Buffet, is based on base stats. So that being the case, if you do the math, there might not be a bug and it might just be an annoying technicality. It might just be great placement.

Let's assume the Juggernaut was 5* 4/55. He probably has a base health of about 25k. Depending on your tier there are various levels of champion boost/health boost on that node. For easy math, let's say they are both 100%. In my experience, it seems like nodes like that multiply on one another rather than adding so that would mean you take 25k, double it for the champion boost (100%) then double that for the health boost (100%) which brings his health up to 100k. If buffet regens 5% of that that would be 5,000. Then the recovery node says "recovers 200% more health" so I would assume that is 200% plus the original recovery (100%) so you multiply that 5,000 by 3 which makes it 15,000. Not to mention, if he has recovery mastery maxed, it adds an additional 15% to that meaning it would end up around 17,250.

Using that same math and assuming the same conditions, node values, and masteries but backwards, it would mean that the juggernaut (or any other champ on that node) would heal for 14k each time if they had a base health rating of about 20,300.

I might be way off on this, but other than the technicality of regeneration based on champ abilities and regeneration based on nodes being calculated on base health vs. modified health, it seems like good placement to me rather than a bug.
  • Please note that she will solve some cases for sure, but it's not node related, it's particular defender weakness against her.
  • BDougH wrote: »
    They did say that regeneration effects would be based on base stats but that doesn't necessarily mean that regeneration from nodes, such as Buffet, is based on base stats. So that being the case, if you do the math, there might not be a bug and it might just be an annoying technicality. It might just be great placement.

Let's assume the Juggernaut was 5* 4/55. He probably has a base health of about 25k. Depending on your tier there are various levels of champion boost/health boost on that node. For easy math, let's say they are both 100%. In my experience, it seems like nodes like that multiply on one another rather than adding so that would mean you take 25k, double it for the champion boost (100%) then double that for the health boost (100%) which brings his health up to 100k. If buffet regens 5% of that that would be 5,000. Then the recovery node says "recovers 200% more health" so I would assume that is 200% plus the original recovery (100%) so you multiply that 5,000 by 3 which makes it 15,000. Not to mention, if he has recovery mastery maxed, it adds an additional 15% to that meaning it would end up around 17,250.

Using that same math and assuming the same conditions, node values, and masteries but backwards, it would mean that the juggernaut (or any other champ on that node) would heal for 14k each time if they had a base health rating of about 20,300.

I might be way off on this, but other than the technicality of regeneration based on champ abilities and regeneration based on nodes being calculated on base health vs. modified health, it seems like good placement to me rather than a bug.

It's not a great placement, it's a super node that either was designed/implemented thinking on something else or nothing Kabam ever done matches so well the "money grab" idea. It's unreasonable what defenders are healing at each single buff instance on the attacker!
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Seems they need to make sure it's off base health as in everything else in AW. It does seem like boosted health to me as this is my line every war.
    First time I hit this it was Ultron and I got crushed because I couldn't make myself block his sp1., second time it was Goblin and had to overpower the regen with a lot of poison after timing out with Ultron. Started bringing Yondu or quake and she does a beautiful job as they never regen at all. Vision should be good here too.
This discussion has been closed.