**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW scoring is still broken!

"Both teams 100% will not happen as often, as it should be a rarity so defender kill points are not needed" this is what we were told regarding the buffed nodes in aw after this last patch... well guess what.. yave9fdx6y0a.png

Comments

• Options
    Claytons2112Claytons2112 Posts: 66
    If your alliance was in a war and both teams 100% yesterday after the new update, drop a screenshot
  • Options
    eudsq4mqwnnf.png
    It happened again..
  • Options
    IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    eudsq4mqwnnf.png
    It happened again..

We both 100% and guess what other alliance won due to higher defender rating
  • Options
    KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    We just lost our 4th war due to this. Each time the alliance was a million higher than ours. Rating went from 1900 down to 1600, tier 2 to 3. Ppl are quitting
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    It's no coincidence that deals are including the greater champion boosts. Great rating boost if the whole alliance uses one.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    Apparently they think you should spend on boosts/use boosts to inflate your defender rating.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/28196/please-clear-this-up-once-and-for-all-alliance-war-defense-boosts#latest
  • Options
    #kabammike seriously man, you guys said this would happen less and less but it still happens a LOT. Please listen to your players/fan base and bring back defender kills.
  • Options
    MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    Yeah, we could even agree with the opposing alliance not to fight at all...the alliance with the higher defender rating wins anyway @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    tho
    MEKA5 wrote: »
    Yeah, we could even agree with the opposing alliance not to fight at all...the alliance with the higher defender rating wins anyway @Kabam Miike
    Technically you could always do that tho. We've always been given pts for defender rating.. if you take everything else away there has to be a winner. But before there was other things that all mattered. You could win a war with only 2 boss kills even if you're opponent got all 3 if they spent money/items to do it and you racked up on defender kills. That's not even a possibility anymore. If you don't 100%, you have NO shot at winning in the higher tiers. And everyone knows it, so they do what's required to 100% and then it comes down to defender rating.
  • Options
    The whole boost thing is absolutely ridiculous. Instead of using them on harder content like 5.3 or upcoming 5.4 or labyrinth, we're having to blow through them just to have a shot at being competitive in AW. The most recent pic of our war above is proof. Both teams boosted before placing, both teams 100% but less than 60 pts determined the outcome on defender rating alone.. That's not how wars should be won
  • Options
    Sometimes you just gotta learn how to place your champs. Stop whinning gotta learn when to quit or make that push. We beat #7 in the world cause we learned how to place our champs. And submitted them.
  • Options
    I find it very hard to believe that you beat the #7 team 3-0 on boss kills
  • Options
    50 pts.. AGAIN.. All due to defender rating.. n0yhahjd1iwj.png
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Actually, based on their comment that Defender Rating and Diversity are intended to be tie breakers, that's exactly how it's performed.
  • Options
    IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    50 pts.. AGAIN.. All due to defender rating.. n0yhahjd1iwj.png

We lost 3 wars back to back to Defender Rating, i am so freaking pissed off that i am bout to leave the alliance and just go solo
  • Options
    So @Claytons2112 you think that was photo shopped or something?
  • Options
    PedrobarraPedrobarra Posts: 41
    Guess what’s going to happen if you people keep complaining that the map is too easy. It’s a joke. Etc etc

You think they’re going to reinstate defender kills? More then likely they’re going to make the maps harder, which they already did in tier 1. You guys complaining the map is too easy, wait till you fight an r4 mephisto on the buffet node with 200% increase in regeneration

I saw someone say they lost three wars due to defender rating. You’d think after idk 1 or 2 you’d try something different. How about you stop placing diverse defenders making it so easy for your opponents? Load up the map with strategically placed mystics. Boost your defenders before they’re placed to increase your defender rating. Do SOMETHING other then come here complaining
  • Options
    MrMojoMrMojo Posts: 97
    Throwing boots to increase defensive ratings, combined with rating being a tie-breaker, is one of the dumbest ideas they've had
  • Options
    Pedrobarra wrote: »
    Guess what’s going to happen if you people keep complaining that the map is too easy. It’s a joke. Etc etc

You think they’re going to reinstate defender kills? More then likely they’re going to make the maps harder, which they already did in tier 1. You guys complaining the map is too easy, wait till you fight an r4 mephisto on the buffet node with 200% increase in regeneration

I saw someone say they lost three wars due to defender rating. You’d think after idk 1 or 2 you’d try something different. How about you stop placing diverse defenders making it so easy for your opponents? Load up the map with strategically placed mystics. Boost your defenders before they’re placed to increase your defender rating. Do SOMETHING other then come here complaining

I agree they did make tier 1 more difficult, and it should be! TIER 2 and below are absolute jokes. Tier 1 is kinda fun.. but even then both teams will 100% if they want. Whole point is both teams 100% was supposed to be a "rarity" and it's not. At least make it a competition again.. not a wait and see who got lucky
  • Options
    NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    Got tired of losing wars by a few points from defender rating off constant 100% completed maps and max diversity while always having significantly more defender kills (usually about 30 more). we said screw diversity this last war and went max difficult defenders. we lost of course due to diversity since both alliances completed to 100%, but final defender kills 186 to 71. as long as alliances are willing to spend units and burn through max items to get to 100%, there's no reason for kabam to add points back for defender kills even though most want it.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Actually, based on their comment that Defender Rating and Diversity are intended to be tie breakers, that's exactly how it's performed.

Um...they have stated more than once that it's meant to be a tie breaker in the rare cases that a tie breaker is needed. Also that both sides 100%ing the map is meant to be a rare occurrence. It's simply not true that it is working as intended.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @CYNDRDBODY #7 in the world according to what? not war rating.
  • Options
    Munrolm02Munrolm02 Posts: 88
    I have just left my alliance that I have been with for over a year just because we are a great team we 100% all war maps with an average of 60 kills against us. But then we have lost nine of the last 10 Wars all because of a Defender rating. Kabam is so selfish they can't even award 10 measly points per Defender kill. It takes zero skills to use items and we're losing two teams with Defender kill over 200 at some points
  • Options
    TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    Just bring back defender kills!!!!r2zuncgl8hu6.png
    w0v9atfmjz28.png
  • Options
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    CYNDRDBODY wrote: »
    So @Claytons2112 you think that was photo shopped or something?

The nodes aren’t that challenging. My guess is the other alliance just had a lack in participation. Don’t act like you are the only alliance that cracked the divinci code secretly embedded by Kabam.

Sorry dont get all butt hurt. Pretty sure we just did a good job in defender placement
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Um...they have stated more than once that it's meant to be a tie breaker in the rare cases that a tie breaker is needed. Also that both sides 100%ing the map is meant to be a rare occurrence. It's simply not true that it is working as intended.

No matter what system is in place, Allies are going to 100% the Map. Especially the higher up you go. Now, there may be room to adjust so that the Map is not as easily completed. However, what is being shown is that the case is as was intended. If Allies are losing because of small differences in Defender Rating and Diversity, they are in fact tie breakers. Not a huge defining metric.
  • Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★

I agree with @LeNoirFaineant and wanted to point out a similar "hypothetical event" that would support the claim that outright ties are truly meant to be a rarity and not such a commonplace result as it is in AW currently.

Lets look at the obvious but less mentioned game model of AQ RR occurrences of a tie and how its "broken".
    I'm not doubting that it cant happen or that it hasnt happened in the past. But if it has, it was so rare that I've yet to hear or read of such a phenomena between two alliances.
    What plays the role of tiebreakers in that scenario? Alliance prestige, which we all know about and try to factor in our decisions on who to rank up. But the "role" or "significance" of prestige sits pretty low on the day to day priorities of all allys and players I know personally.
    IMO for all intents and purposes, prestige is an important yet non-vital factor in our daily gameplay that plays out behind the scenes and is only intended to make a grand entrance akin to Halley's comet.
    That's kinda how I see D rating and diversity for AW. They should not be commanding the spotlight in this format. Teams that deal the most damage to while incurring less themselves from the opponent should.

3 Simple examples of the fundamentals of Competition.

#1. An old board game I used to play back in the 80's called RISK was a WAR strategy game. Goal was to conquer as much opponent territory and relinquishing less of ours in the process. Thats how wars are determined.

#2. In golf, if you use mulligans on a hole and happen to get a "hole in one", that's awesome, but your total score will reflect the penalty added for the mullies you recieved and you won't be entitled to win the hole over an opponent who did not.

#3. In Nascar/formula 1/Indy etc... If a team were to "discreetly" use more powerful fuel before the race, it would be considered cheating. If a team spent more money on performance technology, it doesnt entitle them to get extra runs for the pole position. And the winner isnt decided by the one that has the highest horsepower.