**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Please Clear this Up Once and for All - Alliance War Defense Boosts

rage1224rage1224 Posts: 55
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Can we please clear this up once and for all? I know this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to find the official discussion that I saw. There's still a lot of confusion about whether Alliance War Defender rating is affected by Champion Boosts. Most of the confusion comes in by the fact that when you do use a boost when you place your defense, that the boosted PI shows throughout the War. My understanding has always been that this was a visual bug only, and that boosts do not affect your defender rating, and therefore the points you earn at the conclusion of a War. I'd either like confirmation from one of the Kabam support team, or a link to such an "official" confirmation. While I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on this, the only answer I'll accept as true at this point is from an official member of Kabam. There's too much difference of opinion on this for me to accept anything other than that.

Comments

• I agree it'd be great to hear an official response on this.

In the meantime.. You could snap a pic of your personal defense rating before a boost, then apply your boost and snap a pic. Then place your champs. Once your alli has fully placed (assuming no one else boosted).. Tally up your full alli defender rating and see if it matches with your pre or post boost pictures. Then compare all that with the post war defender rating on the results screen. It might show you the true answer. I haven't tried this yet bc your post just made me think of it. But I think I'll try it next war.

http://line.me/R/ti/g/lVC7amOjKd
  • FamousRyFamousRy Posts: 112
    The pi number changes, but their attack, etc does not. they are a waste of use.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    FamousRy wrote: »

That depends whether they effect defender rating scores.
    If they do it's not a waste
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★

That was definitely the case in the previous iteration of AWs. Is it possible that it would have a different effect on this AW?
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    The_One wrote: »

That depends whether they effect defender rating scores.
    If they do it's not a waste

they do increase Defender Rating.
  • The benefit would solely be in defender rating, which is the deciding factor in many (if not most) wars. I haven't heard an official word on this, but I have heard many players state with 100% confidence that it certainly does/doesn't happen lol. That's annoying. I'm going to try the experiment I posted above next war and see for myself.

I'll post results here and in our Infinity Watch line groups. It seems like the only way to know for sure.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    You won't get an official answer answer because they want people "wasting" potions and Kabam loves uncertainty in its community
  • rage1224rage1224 Posts: 55
    edited October 2017
    Hey there!

Boosts do currently work if you activate them prior to confirming your placed champions, but will only last until they expire. It's good for that bit of an edge on the front lines of your defense, assuming they go that way while attacking.

Even after they expire, the PI still reflects the increase. Does this help with your final score in War, or is this a visual glitch only?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Hey there!

Boosts do currently work if you activate them prior to confirming your placed champions, but will only last until they expire. It's good for that bit of an edge on the front lines of your defense, assuming they go that way while attacking.

THis doesn't answer the question. Is the increased PI of boosted champs reflect in the end score?
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    rage1224 wrote: »

Even after they expire, the PI still reflects the increase. Does this help with your final score in War, or is this a visual glitch only?

A visual glitch. The PI returns to normal. Once you hit the pre-fight screen, it should show the correct/expected power.

It's NOT a visual glitch, the Defender Rating boost from using boosts prior to placing does help.

Why do you think most top alliances are all popping major boosts for the Diversity Parade "wars"???

I've tested and confirmed this multiple times now.
  • jcruz2133jcruz2133 Posts: 152
    HOLD ON, so if I wait until the last few minutes before offense starts,
    1)turn on boost
    THEN
    2)select and place champs

if the other alliance attacks one of my defense champs while the boost is still active, then my champs still have that boost during those first few fights???
    jcruz2133 wrote: »
    HOLD ON, so if I wait until the last few minutes before offense starts,
    1)turn on boost
    THEN
    2)select and place champs

if the other alliance attacks one of my defense champs while the boost is still active, then my champs still have that boost during those first few fights???

Yes, that's what I've always understood. But that's a small Window, better hope all your champs are up front.

I'd still really like my original question answered. Do the boosts help your final score in War with Defender rating.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    rage1224 wrote: »

A visual glitch. The PI returns to normal. Once you hit the pre-fight screen, it should show the correct/expected power.

If that is what is intended, then it is currently NOT WORKING as intended. The boosted defender rating POINTS will carry through the entire war until the end. The way to win wars is throw on a bunch of boosts before placing because the increased defender rating points decide who wins the war (at 150 diversity and full bg clears).
    A simple question, and I'm more confused than before I asked. It's like getting an answer out of a politician.
  • jcruz2133jcruz2133 Posts: 152
    Thanks Vydious!

On another note, lower tiered alliance here: How is defense rating affected? How strong your champs are? Does placing certain champs on certain nodes affect that at all?
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    Man if they fix this war will instantly be better for me. I'm about to have to step out of my alliance from buying boosts every single war.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    So in addition to boost costs, if you don’t normally use suicide masteries, add the costs of changing to suicide masteries to place a defense with an inflated rating plus the cost of changing back to your normal masteries for offense.

So you’ve depleted your stash of boosts and have to buy new ones every war, plus mastery change costs... simply participating in Alliance War will cost you ~300 units per war with no guarantee of winning. 300 units for a chance at 700 5* shards. Forcing people to pay just to participate.

Kabam might as well offer us a shard deal — 1 Odin for a chance of 7000 5* shards, but the amount of shards received is on a downward sliding scale dependent solely on the defender rating of your current roster, and therefore only 1 alliance can get all 7k. That’s a deal not many people would buy.

Defender rating should be calculated by champ prestige + synergy only.