**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Purgatory just doesn't quite cut it. My personal thoughts

A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
I got the 5 star from arena and took her to Sig 200 and have been trying her in a variety of ways... And these are my thoughts so far...

She's not overly suicide friendly despite the sp3 spam.
So the idea is to get to sp3 once. And activate demon mode on the way. Then her power gain becomes nuts. Then you wanna spam sp3 until the demon mode runs out. Just before it runs out, use sp2 for max damage. Use the sp1 if you need to get to demon form quicker if it expires at a bad time. (After 9 bars of power are built you take her soul which also gives added benefits per fight and increases her sp3 damage for the rest of the fight. (If there's a better rotational please post below)

She was spamming sp3s very quickly in labyrinth which hit the abyss cap everytime. And that's only a 5 star.

Pros.
Amazing power gain
Great sp2 and sp3 damage in demon form
Decent base damage.
After the souls are taken she gets great benefits and also has a good damage increase and neutralises the opponent for the rest of the fight preventing buffs.

Cons.
Aggressive playstyle and no power control means having to bait specials can slow her down
Her regen on sp1 is virtually useless. Don't rely on it apart from getting back to demon form quickly.
Getting to 9 bars of power before she really shines makes short fights longer but she's decent for longer fights.

If her medium drained half a bar of the OPPONENTS power in demon form, instead of drain your own for a weak incinerate. I honestly think she'd go from a mediocre but fun champ to an amazing one... Maybe also change it to 6 soul shards instead of 9. It takes a very long time to take her opponent's soul especially in longer fights...

If anyone wants to see any videos add me on line. My ID is scorpy666

Thanks for reading if you made it this far.

Comments

• Options

Con: wannabe Morningstar.

I do dig her animations and i really wanna like her and find all these uses for her but all i see is a champ that got me more hyped then any other champ before only to not deliver

Her animations are easily some of the best weve had so far... Its just such a shame. Just feels like there's something missing as mentioned above that would have completely changed her usefulness
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    A l p h a said:

Maybe also change it to 6 soul shards instead of 9. It takes a very long time to take her opponent's soul especially in longer fights...

I believe you don't play her right then. Every time you cross a bar of power, you gain a soul. But because you can drain her own power, you can speed up the process.
    A l p h a said:

So the idea is to get to sp3 once. And activate demon mode on the way. Then her power gain becomes nuts. Then you wanna spam sp3 until the demon mode runs out. Just before it runs out, use sp2 for max damage. Use the sp1 if you need to get to demon form quicker if it expires at a bad time. (After 9 bars of power are built you take her soul which also gives added benefits per fight and increases her sp3 damage for the rest of the fight. (If there's a better rotational please post below)

In the beginning you could do parry-medium-heavy, or if you're skillfull, parry-medium-light-heavy. Why heavy? The heavy has three separate hits, each giving bloodlust and power gain.

Purgatory gets played as a burst champion, while she is intended as a DoT champion. She has an increased power gain not because you could spam more specials, but to compensate for draining her own power to apply an incinerate.

Not only that, but every time you pass a bar of power, you pause the demonic rampage for 3 seconds. The goal is to stay as long in demonic rampage. If you spam specials, that won't be possible.

An alternative rotation would be:
    - At over 2 bars of power, you should be in demonic rampage (DR). When reaching 3 bars of power, DR is paused. Now do MLM. This should drain your power by 0.5 bar of power and apply incinerate.
    - Chain SP2. You should start with a half bar of power and it should be easy to get 1 bar of power and pause DR.
    - Go back to 3 bars of power and repeat.

In longer fights, you would want to do SP3 occasionally to assist with the power gain.

But as you said, this requires an aggressive playstyle that is difficult without power control.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    She's meh. Both the champs this month are atleast from what I've seen online.
    Wasn't too impressed with my 3 star Purgatory either.
  • Options

A l p h a said:

Maybe also change it to 6 soul shards instead of 9. It takes a very long time to take her opponent's soul especially in longer fights...

I believe you don't play her right then. Every time you cross a bar of power, you gain a soul. But because you can drain her own power, you can speed up the process.
    A l p h a said:

In the beginning you could do parry-medium-heavy, or if you're skillfull, parry-medium-light-heavy. Why heavy? The heavy has three separate hits, each giving bloodlust and power gain.

Purgatory gets played as a burst champion, while she is intended as a DoT champion. She has an increased power gain not because you could spam more specials, but to compensate for draining her own power to apply an incinerate.

Not only that, but every time you pass a bar of power, you pause the demonic rampage for 3 seconds. The goal is to stay as long in demonic rampage. If you spam specials, that won't be possible.

An alternative rotation would be:
    - At over 2 bars of power, you should be in demonic rampage (DR). When reaching 3 bars of power, DR is paused. Now do MLM. This should drain your power by 0.5 bar of power and apply incinerate.
    - Chain SP2. You should start with a half bar of power and it should be easy to get 1 bar of power and pause DR.
    - Go back to 3 bars of power and repeat.

In longer fights, you would want to do SP3 occasionally to assist with the power gain.

But as you said, this requires an aggressive playstyle that is difficult without power control.
    That was a very informative counter. Thank you. I didn't consider the incinerate being used to get to 9 shards faster. That's very good. The incinerate is very weak though. Her sp3, does alot of damage. Can the sp2 be used multiple times in one rampage do you think??
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I do hope they fix up some of the values on her. I feel she kinda needs it. Giving her at least some degree of power control would be super helpful to her as well. I’m just sad how she ended up turning out because she seemed to be such an awesome champion in story, animation, and outside-of-fight design. I’m really hoping Kabam finds a way and the time to fix her up and improve her along with all of the other epic duds we had this year (Odin, Overseer, Mangog, Super Skrull)
  • Options
    eDdIeEsAuCeeDdIeEsAuCe Posts: 4
    Anyway we can discuss a possible adjustment ? I mean I’m really hoping the Guilly buff gives her a synergy to help out purgatory needs some love I have her 6* r3 and I love her animations and her damage isn’t horrible but a simple fix of making her light attacks in demonic rampage do incinerates and her mediums power drain a small amount? She needs to stay aggressive and in the opponents face. That’s and some type of damage ramp up with her soul capture . I have tons of ideas but she needs something
  • Options
    eDdIeEsAuCeeDdIeEsAuCe Posts: 4