**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

iPhone 8 Plus or X for MCOC? (or something else)

Intro:
I'm no fanboy, so please try to be unbiased.
I've been STUCK on the iPhone b/c my ENTIRE FAMILY AND EXTENDED (both sides) have it. We use photo/vid sharing and iMessaging a lot. I'll never feel like I have freedom. I wish I could break free, but I probably can't, so as usual I have to stay with Apple yet again (not that I hate the phones themselves).

Scenario:
I have an iPhone 6S Plus. The game kicked major butt (it was near flawless and played MCOC extremely smooth and fast) until I moved to iOS 11. Now, I have had enough problems to the point where I'm willing to just get a new phone. I'm torn between the 8 plus and the X. If you have a solution to my above problem, then I'd look at other brands as well.

Hope to have some valid input here. ;)

P.S.
Common problems with iOS 11 are choppiness and game needing to completely reload after I minimize it even for 5 seconds.
The choppiness is unbearable when running map6 in a high prestige alliance. I'd never used more than a few items, but my last run of map6 I used 14 items!! Basically, the phone would get choppy and would ruin an sp2 evade... one sp2 could mean insta-death in our AQ runs of map6.

Comments

• Options
    X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    I'd recommend 8plus. I looked into X and it's basically the same phone with a bunch of junk added on to make it kinda like android
  • Options
    LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    My 8 plus is a beast for mcoc ios11.2, there have been some issues with the iPhone x with this game but I'm sure it'll be worked out quite quickly. Arena fights load almost instantly and gameplay is flawless I'd do the 8 plus unless you really want to show off with the x. I was an android player and user since smartphones were a thing just moved to ios and for this game it's day and night.
  • Options
    Erza_ScarletErza_Scarlet Posts: 130
    IPhone 8 and iPhone x have the same internal hardware, same processor, same ram. You can save the extra $150 and go with the 8 plus..
  • Options
    GodMan114GodMan114 Posts: 45
    Thanks for the input, dudes!
    I can afford the X. I only would go for the 8plus if the X was just annoying to play on.
  • Options
    Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Posts: 287
    i recommend samsung lol
  • Options
    i recommend samsung lol

Which, and why?
    I'm not biased. My main issue is finding a way I can stay synched with my family. They ALL use iMessage and photosharing... There's about 30+ people in my family I use iMessage/iCloud stuff with religiously.
  • Options
    Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Posts: 287
    not sure but go with a samsung galaxy? idk if that helps lol
  • Options
    RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    I would go with the X, since the processor is better than the one used in Iphone 8, as I understand.

My case, Ill try with a Note 8 this upcoming weekend, maybe the amount of ram would do a difference
  • Options
    Galaxy>apple
  • Options
    Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Iphone X is currently bugged so if you were upgrading solely for playing this game I'd wait.
  • Options
    Thanks, guys.
    What's bugged with the X, @Draco2199
  • Options

If you want to use Android do not consider Samsung. Go for Pixel2. It was tested and turns out to be as fast as iphone 8plus in many aspects.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Just get the iPhone 8+.

The X isn’t worth the extra $$ except for bragging rights, which will wear off in a week or two.
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Do not get the android wannabe iphone X. You mentioned not being a fanboy so go with the iphone 8 plus. The X was specifically designed for fanboys who prefer android phone design but are too hurt to switch over.

Its ironic that there have been so many problems with the X already (not just mcoc, a quick google will help you there; latest big issue is the phone cannot handle and cold and just freezes, pun not intended) and its the really first time apple tried to go all "androidy".

Apple is great at being apple. The iPhone 8plus is testament to how great they really are. I feel bad for anyone who has had an X for over a week and still hasn't traded it in.