**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Apocalypse do not gain genetic codes in AQ

Hi,

I found out that in AQ my Apocalypse often do not gain genetic codes at all... Here is a video showing two fights against mutants ( sorry I doing bad, tired of my day at work) though he does gain anything and this has been going for a year at least. it s random tough... but this AQ since the first round no genetic code or it starts building up on the third map...

This is today AQ 18th August 2021

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm26edd5k06ctm2/Apo Genetic codes.mp4?dl=0

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

1. You do not gain genetic code against #robots, so there you go.
    2. It's impressive that you say this has been happening for over a year when Apoc hasn't been released for a year...

You good sir are only half right. You do not gain +1 genetic code by defeating a #robot, that is true. HOWEVER, you should still gain +2 genetic code at the start of the fight when you fight a mutant. Therefore i agree with the original poster that a bug exists.
    The bug however, only happened to me after the recent update/ server maintenance, i had no problems with apoc prior to that.
  • DiNiceaDiNicea Posts: 18
    1. Robots ! My bad !
    2. Apocalypse was released in sep 2020, almost one year...
    3. Thank you for your answer of course robots in AQ
    @Championcritic
    Thanks! Yes with mutants it should gain genetic codes
    @Championcritic
    Are all ultras considered robots anyway even under mutant label???
    it shouldn't matter though, you should still +2 genetic code at the start of the fight against a mutant whether or not they are a robot and be able to keep the charges after the fight ends
    @Kabam Miike

Hi,

I found out that in AQ my Apocalypse often do not gain genetic codes at all... Here is a video showing two fights against mutants ( sorry I doing bad, tired of my day at work) though he does gain anything and this has been going for a year at least. it s random tough... but this AQ since the first round no genetic code or it starts building up on the third map...

This is today AQ 18th August 2021

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm26edd5k06ctm2/Apo Genetic codes.mp4?dl=0

Could you help on this matter?

Thanks

This is apoc's abilities.
    1) knocking out a non-#robot grants 1 genetic code
    2) Gain 2 genetic code at the start of the fight when fighting a mutant.

I definitely agree that I will not gain +1 charge at the end of fighting the robot mutant. But I know for a fact that against a mutant, whether or not it's a robot or not, that I will get +2 charges at the start of the fight and I see nothing in his description that says you won't keep charges that you've already gained in the battle. If you have proof that it's intended that I should not keep charges that I've already gained kindly enlighten.

Also thinking about this I just noticed another bug. If you see in my video I was at "1" persistent charge. But even assuming that I'm correct and behaviour wise apoc is acting like he has 3 charges(1+2 from fighting mutant). Why is it that when I launch a special It still triggers both debuffs when that should only happen when apoc has 4 genetic code.
    @Demonzfyre @Championcritic
    Hi, I defeated iceman and get 4 genetics codes. SO maybe Ultrons are all considered as Robots BUT I had other runs same path and the genetics codes worked with Ultron mutants... I tried to make a video of this... Either way Ultron mutant should work or it should be defied as Tech...
    edited August 2021
    i defeated gambit later in the path as well and got 4 genetic codes. But i stand by the fact that during the first fight against mutant robot i should still leave with 3 charges due to starting the quest with 1 charge and having +2 at start of the fight against mutants. I asked my alliance mates and they agree with my standing.

Ok fine, I had to go into the champion spotlight to see what you guys mean. In my defense, it's not immediately apparent just by reading the abilities alone. @Kabam Miike if this point can be made clearer please update apoc description to say that robots no matter what class they are will not grant genetic code. If the intention is for apoc to be able to gain charges even against mutant robots then please make it clear in the forums thanks.
    @Championcritic thank you for the research
    @Kabam Miike: Yes that is not very fair to Apocalypse! What the point to make Ultrons different classes if they are any way tech?... It is confusing.... Does the class advantage works with other champions against Ultrons? if yes then the fact that Apocalypse cannot build up genetic codes is a bug/disadvantage compare to all other champions who will receive class advantage/disadvantage.
    Thanks for your help!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,870 ★★★★★

Ok fine, I had to go into the champion spotlight to see what you guys mean. In my defense, it's not immediately apparent just by reading the abilities alone. @Kabam Miike if this point can be made clearer please update apoc description to say that robots no matter what class they are will not grant genetic code. If the intention is for apoc to be able to gain charges even against mutant robots then please make it clear in the forums thanks.

How much more clearer would you like it to be? It says "Robots will grant no genetic code". It doesn't say tech robots, it just states Robots.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

How much more clearer would you like it to be? It says "Robots will grant no genetic code". It doesn't say tech robots, it just states Robots.
    Thats just the summary of the spotlight, not an actual part of his abilities.
    Its just a weakness of apocalypse because the other robot champions in the game dont give code while non robots always give at least 1 charge. I think this could be made a lot clearer
    Voltolos said:

Thats just the summary of the spotlight, not an actual part of his abilities.
    Its just a weakness of apocalypse because the other robot champions in the game dont give code while non robots always give at least 1 charge. I think this could be made a lot clearer
    His kit says knocking out a non-#robot grants one genetic code. Implying robots grant no code. No where in his kit does it say non tech robots. A robot is a robot no matter what class it is.
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★

Yep everyone should keep a handout of the copy of spotlights in their pockets.

Yep everyone should keep a handout of the copy of spotlights in their pockets.
    It says it in his kit.
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★

His kit says knocking out a non-#robot grants one genetic code. Implying robots grant no code. No where in his kit does it say non tech robots. A robot is a robot no matter what class it is.

It implies that robots grant no genetic code on knocking out.
    It has nothing to do with the genetic code granted at the start of the fight. Correct line should be 'grant genetic code at the start of fight while fighting non robotic mutant'.
    Or they can just say one line in the actual abilities description "robots do not grant genetic code". Its exactly what the spotlight says, so why not just add that one line in apoc's actual in-game description