**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

An in-depth Star-Lord buff concept

RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,820 ★★★★★
edited August 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
@Qacob's excellent thread inspired me to do a detailed rework for Star-Lord.

I'd love to see him get a new signature ability, Master of the Sun, which gives him the ability +8000 energy resistance and provides his elements with additional utility.

Elemental Gun - Star-Lord's Elemental Gun has 4 elements which can be loaded in the Pre-Fight screen. The four elements are Air, Fire, Water and Earth. Water and Earth are discharged during Special Attack 1. Air and Fire are discharged during Special Attack 2. All 4 Pre-Fight abilities can be selected.

Air: inflicts a Power Burn passive on the opponent, draining 50% of Power from the opponent.
Master of the Sun: siphons 1% per hit of the Power burned from the opponent, up to a maximum of 60 hits.

Fire: inflicts an Incinerate debuff on the opponent, dealing X% damage over 10 seconds.
Master of the Sun: Incinerate potency gains 7% per hit to a maximum of 60 hits.

Water: inflicts a Coldsnap debuff on the opponent, dealing X% damage over 10 seconds.
Master of the Sun: Gains an Armor Up buff which scales Armor rating by +800 per hit, up to a maximum of 40 hits.

Earth: inflicts a Heal Block passive on the opponent, blocking all regenerative effects for 10 seconds.
Master of the Sun: regenerate up to 100 health per hit of the health blocked by the passive, up to a maximum of 40 hits.

The Combo Meter starts at 20 and caps at 60.
Special 1 Attacks remove 10 hits off the Combo Meter. Special 2 Attacks remove 30 hits off the Combo Meter. Heavy Attacks add 5 hits to the Combo Meter.

#myStarLord

Comments

• Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    I've said it in like 3 different places but I'll say it again 😂

Great buff man
  • Options
    Qacob said:

I've said it in like 3 different places but I'll say it again 😂

Great buff man

Sorry mate 😄 and thank you! Excited for yours.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,783 ★★★★★
    Looks good, but do I understand the Water ability correctly as giving 800 additional armor rating per hit, up to 40 hits? Because that is...brings out calculator...32,000 additional armor rating. He'd be able to basically headbutt a nuke in that case. :smiley:

But yeah, I think it looks cool. You could also have him earn more persistent charges that he could load into his gun the more fights he wins. I think that could be nice.
  • Options
    StaphMemberStaphMember Posts: 337 ★★★
    Came here to make sure a pre-fight ability was listed. His rng element gun is way outdated considering it’s essentially the same mechanics and stealth spidey’s web cartridges or The prefight abilities of StormX or Sorcerer Supreme.
  • Options
    Ercarret said:

Looks good, but do I understand the Water ability correctly as giving 800 additional armor rating per hit, up to 40 hits? Because that is...brings out calculator...32,000 additional armor rating. He'd be able to basically headbutt a nuke in that case. :smiley:

But yeah, I think it looks cool. You could also have him earn more persistent charges that he could load into his gun the more fights he wins. I think that could be nice.

Yes, well spotted. I did this very late at night my time and missed that calculation. And I realized that after the edit window. Let's nerf it to +60 additional Armour Rating per hit.
    Thank you for the feedback mate!
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Did you just delete his damage? Or are you adding the new sig ability on top of that

It's not a complete rework, because I haven't specified anything from the Passive, Light, Medium, Heavy and Synergy perspectives. So there's always an opportunity to factor that in, even if it's a nerfed or improved version of his damage. This is just a rework concept to make his kit a bit more true to character.