**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Weapon X....any mods have an answer to this?

gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
Will there ever be other opportunities for players to acquire this champion? Or was he simply a one-time, whale-only trophy?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,758 ★★★★★
    More opportunities in the future.
    Maybe even in the next gifting crystal around December
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    edited September 2021

You could only get him in legends runs, why was it “whale only”? That’s absurd

It was only 1, and that wasn't just any legends run...
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Meanwhile there is a mythic f2p, and I did my 7.2 legends unit positive. 🙄
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

You could only get him in legends runs, why was it “whale only”? That’s absurd

The amount of resources needed for achieving so high in Legends runs is so high, that it is hard to imagine obtaining this many units&resources without a major investment of real world money. It is possible for f2p, just unlikely imo
    It’s really not that much. How much do you think it requires?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Hoitado said:

Brian Grant has a 6* Weapon X and Legends Title

Completely Free to Play

Plenty of people do
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    My apologies then, I originally thought Weapon X was given out for only 6.4 Legends.

I was asked how high would I estimate the cost, so here it comes:
    6 quests with lets say 6 paths. 1 path takes full energy in Act 6 from my experience, so that is 36 refills.

Quests 1-5 can be done realistically, on day one with 12 hours long run in idk, 1000-2000 units worth of revives and potions. For 30 paths, something between those numbers is imo realistic. Then there's GM, who would imo take a minimum of 200 units per run. I know ppl can solo him but mind you we are talking the day he was released. In sum it is 2200 units+36 refills. I tried to keep the amounts as low as possible.

Possible for f2p as I said, but I think it is safe to assume that majority of those who did it were spenders.

BUT this whole assumption is based on a wrong on my side, where I thought Weapon X was given only for 6.4 Legends. So please let me apologise myself for this mistake. I didn't inform myself well enough before commenting. My fault totally, no excuses
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

My apologies then, I originally thought Weapon X was given out for only 6.4 Legends.

6 quests with lets say 6 paths. 1 path takes full energy in Act 6 from my experience, so that is 36 refills.

Quests 1-5 can be done realistically, on day one with 12 hours long run in idk, 1000-2000 units worth of revives and potions. For 30 paths, something between those numbers is imo realistic. Then there's GM, who would imo take a minimum of 200 units per run. I know ppl can solo him but mind you we are talking the day he was released. In sum it is 2200 units+36 refills. I tried to keep the amounts as low as possible.

Possible for f2p as I said, but I think it is safe to assume that majority of those who did it were spenders.

BUT this whole assumption is based on a wrong on my side, where I thought Weapon X was given only for 6.4 Legends. So please let me apologise myself for this mistake. I didn't inform myself well enough before commenting. My fault totally, no excuses

But even assuming 6.4 only, how hard is it really to grind 2000-2500 units if you want to do a legends run? A couple months work?

Honestly, the only real separation between spenders and ftp for a legend run is the 30% boosts, which are a lot harder to come by for ftp.

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

@Lvernon15 how much do you spend? (he won mythic btw)

He doesn’t spend very much, maybe a couple deals on big weekends. But rarely spends other then that.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I’m not a whale by any means, but I still got Weapon X from the 7.2 Legends
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★

Kerneas said:

But even assuming 6.4 only, how hard is it really to grind 2000-2500 units if you want to do a legends run? A couple months work?

Honestly, the only real separation between spenders and ftp for a legend run is the 30% boosts, which are a lot harder to come by for ftp.

Don't forget the need of an iPhone...try doing a legends run on an android....if you don't have the budget to get an iphone/don't have access to one then you don't even have a realistic chance.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Regardless, it would be nice to have a chance. I tried legends 7.1 and 7.2. Both nada. Wonder how close I was.
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    This topic derailed. The question was regarding future possibilities of acquiring him.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

This topic derailed. The question was regarding future possibilities of acquiring him.

Yup. Just like SW Sigil - there must be another way to obtain him. Part of a special quest like Ultron in LOL?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    There have been no announcements regarding any future opportunities to acquire Weapon X. As we approach the holidays and gift-giving season, I would recommend everybody stay tuned to any announcements to see if things change.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    There are tons of Champs which can be only obtained during special times of the year … as a Trophy. Goldpool, Platinpool, Thanos/Kang …

So just deal with it that Weapon X was exclusive to Story Legends. Act 7.3 won‘t have a Legends Run, they canceled them because of too many Cheaters. There will be new opportunities to get Weapon X in the future.

By the way … the ingame messages said that Sigil Scarlet will be exclusive to Sigil Shop for at least 6 months, afterwards there might be F2P options to get her.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

@Lvernon15 how much do you spend? (he won mythic btw)

In total I’ve spent somewhere in the region of £250, the majority going to 6* sig stone offers on the last few July/cyber deals

Calling legends whale only makes 0 sense, sure there’s some luck involved, you’re gonna struggle if you don’t have a ghost, but a max sig 5* ghost would be very reasonable for legends, and I got mythic in 7.1 with my r3 ghost only being at sig 40, and aa and Corvus being at r5 and r2 respectively