**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

No extra Marauder Crystal shards in store?

AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
There have been significantly fewer monthly cavalier crystals available this month (other than unit deals) so I’m not sure if that’s the reason, but recently Kabam has been putting extra top up crystal shards in the store to enable people to use up whatever shards they have remaining. Is this not going to be the case this month?

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    Those were in last week’s daily deals. Not sure why they stopped, given that the calendar continues into this week, but I’m guessing g they knew they wouldn’t have a full week remaining.

To your other point: they are still Cavs, which means they are almost always 3/4*. Why so stingy?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Yes I know about the daily deals. I’m talking about the extra top-up shards they have been putting in the store for the past several months. It’s usually 20 units for 200. It’s allowed people to use up the remaining shards. They usually appear in the last week of the EQ following the update.
  • Options
    Aldac said:

Yes I know about the daily deals. I’m talking about the extra top-up shards they have been putting in the store for the past several months. It’s usually 20 units for 200. It’s allowed people to use up the remaining shards. They usually appear in the last week of the EQ following the update.

I see. Never get those. But I will be sitting on ~2000 Marauder shards that vanish into the ether.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Yeah me too. Seems like a waste. It’s been possible to get 2000 shards for 200 units. Of course it’s up to the individual summoner to decide if that’s worth it. Although it’s just a bit more than a regular cav and does let you have one last chance at the specific pool available in that crystal.
  • Options
    They’ve run this model for a few months now and I find it lackluster. The carrot (usually a rare champ in 6* like Hypo or Starky) gets dangled out there in a crystal with a lot of chaff (Electro, for example, who is also in next month’s Cavs) and the pace to collect shards is super slow (which would have made sense in the early days of Cav crystals, but not now).

It feels like it’s on auto-pilot at this point. Which would be fine if other things in game were clicking along, but they aren’t.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    THEComic23THEComic23 Posts: 50
    edited October 2021
    I was wondering about this as well. While these crystals are always a carp shoot and Zola put it really well in how he described them, I have had really great luck with these and would've been willing to top off the last bit of shards for one more. I guess Kabam wants us to load up there servers with extra shards collecting dust.