Options

Karnak Don't Need An Overhaul, All He Needs Is An Update

HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
edited October 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Y'all may disagree with this but all Karnak needs to be crazy good is an update (a little number tweak and a little more utility). Before going deep let me post his current ability and I'll point out things that could be added to make him OP

First his attack rating can be boosted a bit, and his passives are alright not going to lie, when he is focused he crits quite a bit and it is a big boost, another thing I would add is anytime he is focused he gains a true strike preventing evade and auto block ( meaning if you get focused either through Sp 1 or after waiting 9 secs you can keep it for the whole fight if you don't get hit, juicy right?).
The physical resistance is alright and I'd increase the class reduction to 1% for for every 1 seconds another thing I'd do is increase his Critical damage rating by 50 for every hit on combo meter( I'm sure kabam can balance that number if its too high). With this he becomes a champion that rewards being able to hold your combo( boosts his damage, and focus), I'd also give him indefinite combo shield buffs on heavies like G99 but capped at 4 ( buffs so he can deal with nodes that need buffs).
Now onto specials, specials add combo to the combo meter based on which one used. Sp1 adds 50, Sp2 adds 100 and Sp3 adds 150 (this can be balanced by kabam)

Special 1 remains almost the same but I'll make him get 3 indefinite cleanse anytime he use it. Max Stack: 3( don't forget he gets true strike when focused now so the 2nd like should be ignored)

Special 2 Inflicts 5 bleeds each dealing 4000 damage(assume this is a 5* rank 5)over 30 seconds (5 bleeds for nodes like Diss track and I made it long on purpose and I'm sure you know why already)
If this attack is used immediately after charging heavy consume all combo in the combo meter and increase attack rating by 50 for each hit in the combo meter (can be balanced by kabam)

Special 3 reduce ability accuracy by 80% for 60 seconds

Signature ability remains the same, and I'd also add enemies get their Defensive ability accuracy reduced by 30% when knocked down for 10-25 seconds
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    What do y'all think?, I don't mind criticism, y'all should let me know what you feel could be added, removed and what you feel about it in general
  • Options

I still think a total revamp is needed. You just described a moderately worse Ægon more or less. There will be some use for him, but unless a hard fight is very much tailored towards Karnak I don’t think I would ever use him over another option.

Thanks for the feedback, I know the combo stuff makes it look like an aegon but trust me they are very different when you think well about it. He can access his utility and damage way faster, Damage shrug, true strike( that you can gain from doing nothing, just stall for 9 seconds), can shut down ability accuracy completely with an sp3, and that sp 2 is crazy lethal. That's crazy OP if you think well about it
  • Options
    Holros said:

I still think a total revamp is needed. You just described a moderately worse Ægon more or less. There will be some use for him, but unless a hard fight is very much tailored towards Karnak I don’t think I would ever use him over another option.

Thanks for the feedback, I know the combo stuff makes it look like an aegon but trust me they are very different when you think well about it. He can access his utility and damage way faster, Damage shrug, true strike( that you can gain from doing nothing, just stall for 9 seconds), can shut down ability accuracy completely with an sp3, and that sp 2 is crazy lethal. That's crazy OP if you think well about it
    Oh and a cleanse, with buffs and debuffs that can be accessed easily if needed
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,113 ★★★★★
    Holros said:

You literally just about described moleman lmao and yeah he's kinda OP. Can access his utility and damage super fast, debuff shrug, true strike you get from doing nothing, big sp2, lots of crits except moleman also has; big damage off base combo hits, consistent debuff damage, immunity to shock passives, unstoppable on block, etc.

Your buff is fine but he'd be a tier 2 skill champ at best and there's almost nothing that makes him unique or would make you want to use him over other tier 1 and 2 skill champs
  • Options
    I really appreciate you guys feedback, I really enjoyed and appreciate reading what you guys feel about the buff.

The most important thin is kabam should give him and nebs good buffs, I'd really appreciate it
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    He’s already been designed and is slated for release. What’s the point of this? Are you intentionally setting yourself up to be disappointed?
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,353 ★★★★★
    In comics karnak is so OP he better be a tie in for AEgon
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,060 ★★★★

Change true strike to true sense, lasts 15 seconds.
    While true sense is active, karnak has a 20% chance to place indefinite vulnerability debuffs that cap out at 10 stacks.
    Add poison resistance to base and increase it to 80%.
    On sp1, karnak cleara his mind and becomes focused on the opponent, granting a precision buff thqt guarantees all hits to be critical, but loses focus when receiving an attack on block or to the face.
    On sp2, double all vulnerability debuffs, lasting 15 seconds. When the 15 seconds are up, all vulnerability debuffs expire and are replaced with an indefinite passive vulnerability that cap out at 5 stacks.
    On sp3, stun the opponent, and gain an insightful buff for 40 seconds alongside faze. Insightful grabts karnak a keen eye for incoming debuffs and negates the effects. (For instance, encroaching stun, brute force, etc).
    Whenever karnak activates a special attack, the opponent gains an infuriate debuff that lasts 5 seconds, and pauses while the opponent activates a special attack. Karnak also gains an evade charge that counter attacks the opponent when physically hit and can chain into a combo, counting as an intercept.
    When the opponent gets intercepted, karnak can refresh any ongoing infuriate on the opponent and gain a passive fury, granting karnak 500 attack rating, that gradually fall off 3 seconds at a time when you aren’t attacking the opponent. These furies are paused during karnaks special attacks but immediately fall off afterward.
    Immunities: unaffected by ability accuracy reduction, reverse controls, taunt as he is focused on the opponent,
    Whenever a debuff would expire on karnak, regenerate 500 health (to make up for willpower), and reduce the duration of anymore incoming debuffs specific to the one that expired by 10%..

Would like to see some of these in his kit in some form. Think he’d be pretty fun for many.

I like everything except losing focus on block. Maybe, prevent it from being lost if it's a well-timed block.
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    I'm happy if Karnak gets a real special 1.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,097 ★★★★★
    2StarKing said:

I'm happy if Karnak gets a real special 1.

I mean if you're fighting Spider-Verse champs, it's useful but yeah..
  • Options
    Looks like I was right after all, and kabam saw what I saw. He has a nice base kit, all he needed was little changes here and there. I must admit the buff could be better(I could say that about all buffs though) but the buff is more than decent
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    All he got was an update lol
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,097 ★★★★★
    And ironically people are upset about that now... Can't make everyone happy
  • Options

Lol, all he needed to be sincere, could have being better but the buff is more than decent which is what they are trying to achieve, everyone can't be OP
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Holros said:

Lol, all he needed to be sincere, could have being better but the buff is more than decent which is what they are trying to achieve, everyone can't be OP
    I think it's decent. Gonna help in the Carina challenge