Options

Why can't I get beta invitation?

I've been playing the game for more than four years now and I have three accounts. None of them has ever got invited to the beta program. Recently everyone in my alliance got invited to it, they all have multiple accounts too, and all of their accounts got the invitation. One of the alliance member said she even got an invite on an account that she just created.
Is it a region thing? If it is, then that is so unfair. I can't think of any other reason besides that because I'm the only person in the alliance that is not in the same region as them.

If you see this kabam please help me out.

Comments

• Options
    Warrior_NZ91Warrior_NZ91 Posts: 9

why, oh why do people automatically assume it has to do with region

Well I'm not assuming since I'm the only one that is in a different region, and someone literally created a new account could get an invite she has three accounts
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    It’s just random, this is the first beta I’ve ever been invited to (outside of that AW one that everyone got an invite to), it can be annoying but no need to try and throw out the “is it because of where I live” card.
  • Options

It’s just random, this is the first beta I’ve ever been invited to (outside of that AW one that everyone got an invite to), it can be annoying but no need to try and throw out the “is it because of where I live” card.

Well if it's random how could someone's all three accounts could get them and none of my accounts could. I'm not throwing anything, I'm based on my personal experience and I'd like to know for sure how it works.
  • Options

a new account getting a beta invite? that sounds sus

I agree but no point in lying to me
  • Options

i mean, your case cant be helped now, but at least spidey funko made a club for non beta peeps. i heard its fun out there

I'm not trying to get helped. I just wish there is some truth for once from Kankam. I've been playing the game for many years my main one the longest. 4 years at least and not once have I ever got invited
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,639 ★★★★★
    I don't think it's completely random but I don't know how they do it. I find it very hard to believe that any new accounts get the invite. They don't have any champs that would be allowed to enter. Without proof I'm going to say the person with the new account is lying.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,423 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021

I don't think it's completely random but I don't know how they do it. I find it very hard to believe that any new accounts get the invite. They don't have any champs that would be allowed to enter. Without proof I'm going to say the person with the new account is lying.

I don't know about prior Betas, but certainly this time, there's been no obvious checking to see that people are able to complete.

I'm TB, halfway through 7.1 and got invited to do the 7.4 beta (my first invite to any Beta).

In Alliance chat it became clear that at least ten of my alliance mates were invited; some who weren't even into Act 7 at all yet.

What's the point in sending invites to people so far away from being able to participate?
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I don't know about prior Betas, but certainly this time, there's been no obvious checking to see that people are able to complete.

I'm TB, halfway through 7.1 and got invited to do the 7.4 beta (my first invite to any Beta).

In Alliance chat it became clear that at least ten of my alliance mates were invited; some who weren't even into Act 7 at all yet.

What's the point in sending invites to people so far away from being able to participate?
    There’s no use getting feedback exclusively from players who have already done 7.2 or 3, you don’t want feedback only from one category of player. They aren’t the only ones who will be doing 7.4 eventually.

If you get feedback from a range of players ultimately it’s more useful to you. So players who are in act 6 at the moment are the future of 7.4, and their feedback is useful too.

Obviously invites aren’t going out to players in act 5, as they won’t have the roster at all to deal with 7.4, so there definitely is checking that players *could* complete 7.4.
  • Options
    Hrishikesh713Hrishikesh713 Posts: 712 ★★★
    Its all random bro
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,828 ★★★★★

i mean, your case cant be helped now, but at least spidey funko made a club for non beta peeps. i heard its fun out there

They got rid of it.

It still exists in spirit op, the door is always open
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,097 ★★★★★

why, oh why do people automatically assume it has to do with region

Because it's easier to claim geography-ism
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,423 ★★★★★

There’s no use getting feedback exclusively from players who have already done 7.2 or 3, you don’t want feedback only from one category of player. They aren’t the only ones who will be doing 7.4 eventually.

If you get feedback from a range of players ultimately it’s more useful to you. So players who are in act 6 at the moment are the future of 7.4, and their feedback is useful too.
    Yeah, I can understand that in principle. Although I suspect if you're back in 6.1 and 6.2 then your perspective on the challenge involved in 7.4 is likely to be predictably on the lines of OMFGITSF"***INGAWFUL!!!!

So presumably the beta invite lets you temporarily skip ahead a few Chapters, then? I might give it a try, then. It'll be a while before I get near 7.4 any other way 😉.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Yeah, I can understand that in principle. Although I suspect if you're back in 6.1 and 6.2 then your perspective on the challenge involved in 7.4 is likely to be predictably on the lines of OMFGITSF"***INGAWFUL!!!!

So presumably the beta invite lets you temporarily skip ahead a few Chapters, then? I might give it a try, then. It'll be a while before I get near 7.4 any other way 😉.
    Potentially, but Kabam will know who’s giving what feedback. If they get players in 6.1 all saying it’s too hard they won’t exactly Nerf the life out of 7.4 just based on that.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Well if it's random how could someone's all three accounts could get them and none of my accounts could. I'm not throwing anything, I'm based on my personal experience and I'd like to know for sure how it works.
    Have you considered that they're probably just making you more mad? Maybe they didn't get an invite at all or only on one account.

And the one getting an invite on a new account is just BS.
  • Options
    Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Posts: 8,258
    Hey there OP,

The Summoners selected for a beta are a random selection that fit a certain criteria. This criteria could be your having a certain prestige, have beaten certain content, having a certain number of 6-Star Champions, or many other factors. The criteria changes based on the Content being tested, and we do not only want Players that have beaten 7.3 for a 7.4 Beta test. You need feedback and data from players of different levels and progression.

Keep an eye out for future Beta Tests, and hopefully we'll get you into one of those.

PS. I don't think there were any new accounts invited to this Beta Test. If there were, we'll find them after the invite period and remove them from the Test.
This discussion has been closed.