**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam, this is what Cavalier players need for Cyber Weekend

GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
edited November 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
In this post i will be going through all the possible items and resources that Cav players could get this weekend and rating them from 1/10 based on how important they are to progress through act 6 and form a t5cc to ultimately become Thronebreaker. That being said lets get started with...

Catalysts:

T4B: As for Tier 4 basic catalysts they do have a great importance. You will need them for 5* rank ups from 2-4 and 6*s to R2. Meaning this item is clearly essential for almost any rank up to help cav players (except the 5* R1 and 6* R3.) But do we really need to spend units or cash for them? The answer for me at least is no. I cannot remember the last time I didn't see these in the Side Quest rewards, and if you are in an alliance the glory store is all that you need. So, as for my rating, it's a 2/10. Not needed in deals.

T5B: Tier 5 Basic is a much different story quite obviously. It is used in 5* Rank ups only to go to R5 and is needed in all 6* rank ups for now. However this something that is found much more rarely. The easiest way to get them is by getting frags in monthly EQ and fully formed in Variants. As for my rating for this one it's 6/10. Not the hardest material to find but you can never have to much of it.

T1A: I don't feel like i need to go through this one. If you are in an alliance this is of your least concern. 1/10.

T2A: This is one of the hardest catalysts to be caped in because it is, for me, always running out even if i spend glory on it. And content wise it's not the easiest thing to find. You can get frags in monthly EQ but that is about it. There are some scraps in the side quest usually but not a significant amount. If a decent amount of this was thrown into some of the smaller offers i would be quite happy. Therefore i will give it an 8/10.

T4CC: This is an interesting one because there are 6 different types of them. If you happen to need some cosmic then you obviously will get mystic. So what is an easy solution for the said problem? Selectors! Yes those things that never appear anymore. Wouldn't it be great if we could so easily get the class we have a need in? As for the Crystals i will give a generous 3/10 but if we are talking about selectors then it's a 8/10.

T5CC: The last and highly regarded most important catalyst is the Tier 5 Class Catalyst. It is very rare to find frags for this. I'd say that even though this side quest is a massive fail, Kabam has been generous with the amount of frags given this month. If i can remember correctly there was a grand total of 18% of a fully formed t5cc randomized in 9 2% crystals. This is a lot more than we normally get monthly. Now what would be great is to do the same thing in next months SQ but actually make it doable. As for there being selectors that is also a very important key in getting us cav players to TB, because if we get a fully formed skill catalysts in these randomized 2%ers, but have no good skill 6*s then i suppose we have gotten screwed. So for t5cc crystals i'd give it a 5/10 because it still is the main goal to get those catalysts to become TB, and for selectors i'd give a 10/10 once again because if you don't have a decent option in the class you form, then selectors basically eliminate that problem.

Shards:

5* Shards: This is going to be a very controversial one because there are many different opinions on the value of 5*s. I'd say the way to value them depends on your story progression. If you just became cav and are in the lower parts of 6.2 then 5* shards are absolutely amazing because you still have quite some time before you get to that Grandmaster. As for me I still have much joy opening 5* crystals because they can still change your account (like that torch you've been hunting forever.) But for 6.4 and even some of 6.3 they are a bit devalued. It really sucks to rank up that 5* for one specific boss in act 6 when that champ needs R5 to clear most 6.3 and beyond content. So my ranking for the 5* shards for 6.2 players is a 8/10 but 6.3 and beyond is a 5/10.

6* Shards: What is the main goal of getting 6*s? There are many. To clear content, to increase prestige, and to diversify your classes as a precaution so when you form that t5cc you have much more likeliness to have a decent champ in said class. In other words, you want to open as many 6*s as possible to get a good R3 option in each class to become TB and not regret it later on. No one wants to rank up a Purgatory as a first 6* R3. 6* Shards will be getting a 9/10

Sig Stones:

5* Sig stones: This situation is much like the 5* shards where they are great for newer cavs but are devalued later on. The thing that makes them better though is that they can be great for the current biggest content such as the abyss. If you need sigs for your recently pulled Ægon then this is a great opportunity. Plus they are much better than 6* sig stones which i will get to next. So, my rating for 5* sigs is a 6/10.

6* Sig stones: To be realistic I can't see Kabam giving us Cav players any more than 100 of these. Many 6*s that you happen to awaken need high sig, so at the moment, wait to get alot more when you finally reach TB. They get 1/10.

Awakening Gems:

5* Awakening Gems: Once again this follows the same 5* narrative, so ill keep this one short. I love to get 5* awakening gems but at the moment i have 3 skill gems and no other ones, with not good skill champs to awaken. So for class gems 2/10 but generics 6/10.

6* Awakening Gems: "Grass, that's hilarious"

This post took a long time to type and come up with so please leave a comment, and if there is anything i missed please tell me on this post. If you disagree with my opinions please be kind about it in the comment section. Happy Cyber Weekend Kabam and MCoC players/community. Lets have a good one.

Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    HiwoeHiwoe Posts: 25
    This looks like it took hours to write lmao
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I didn't read it after t4b but I agree with that. Even us thronebreaker players need t4b. I currently have 16 t5b and roughly 40 t2a. That's before cyber deals of which there won't be any t4b in thronebreaker deals. So any rankup decisions I have to make will be based on allocation of t4b.
  • Options

I didn't read it after t4b but I agree with that. Even us thronebreaker players need t4b. I currently have 16 t5b and roughly 40 t2a. That's before cyber deals of which there won't be any t4b in thronebreaker deals. So any rankup decisions I have to make will be based on allocation of t4b.

Yeah i dont expect many people to finish it but hopefully I still got the point across
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike Please hear my plea.
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★
    Mostly agree except on T1A. Early Cav players still need a lot of those since 5* are still very important for their progression. Even as TB, sometimes I still need a specific counter for a path or a boss right away, and 5* take a lot of T1A. I think that maybe some in the 5$ and 10$ offers would be fine
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Hopefully they’ve been dragging their feet on one of their biggest events of the year and haven’t already decided on what the offers will be so they can adjust them to your desires.
  • Options

Mostly agree except on T1A. Early Cav players still need a lot of those since 5* are still very important for their progression. Even as TB, sometimes I still need a specific counter for a path or a boss right away, and 5* take a lot of T1A. I think that maybe some in the 5$ and 10$ offers would be fine

I was just trying to say that the glory store fulfills that need. But, I don't know if that's the case for you and i see what you mean still.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Hopefully they’ve been dragging their feet on one of their biggest events of the year and haven’t already decided on what the offers will be so they can adjust them to your desires.

Fingers crossed. Lol.
  • Options
    RunavargrRunavargr Posts: 180 ★★
    Us cavs really want to see some T5cc deals
  • Options
    RunavargrRunavargr Posts: 180 ★★
    I believe there was a total of 65% in selectors between the July fourth unit bundles and offers. Would be nice to see the same and even better to see some more
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★

I was just trying to say that the glory store fulfills that need. But, I don't know if that's the case for you and i see what you mean still.
    I get what you mean. I was just speaking from personal experience since in my alliance we mostly run map 5, and we often get enough to buy a couple of each. Now I just spend it all on T1A since act 7 gives so many T2A
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    I stopped reading at t4b... We neex t5b not t4b
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    T2a > T5b? Really???

I agree with most of those, but this is just humorous to me.

Also you forgot rankup gems, which we get more and more often (I have 4x 6* 1-2 in stash rn from Variants)

And one more addition: ISO 15/10 (it's a joke)
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    You have a problem getting T2a? What you use your glory for? And 5* aw gems, well, no, most TB players have plenty already, not to mention we already awakened the champs we really want (ok, not from the new ones, but still).
    T5 cats, 6* nexuses and one or two 6* aw gems, even if not generic is all we need. The end players will need t6 etc, but that s another story.
  • Options
    Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★

In this post i will be going through all the possible items and resources that Cav players could get this weekend and rating them from 1/10 based on how important they are to progress through act 6 and form a t5cc to ultimately become Thronebreaker. That being said lets get started with...

Catalysts:

T4B: As for Tier 4 basic catalysts they do have a great importance. You will need them for 5* rank ups from 2-4 and 6*s to R2. Meaning this item is clearly essential for almost any rank up to help cav players (except the 5* R1 and 6* R3.) But do we really need to spend units or cash for them? The answer for me at least is no. I cannot remember the last time I didn't see these in the Side Quest rewards, and if you are in an alliance the glory store is all that you need. So, as for my rating, it's a 2/10. Not needed in deals.

T5B: Tier 5 Basic is a much different story quite obviously. It is used in 5* Rank ups only to go to R5 and is needed in all 6* rank ups for now. However this something that is found much more rarely. The easiest way to get them is by getting frags in monthly EQ and fully formed in Variants. As for my rating for this one it's 6/10. Not the hardest material to find but you can never have to much of it.

T1A: I don't feel like i need to go through this one. If you are in an alliance this is of your least concern. 1/10.

T2A: This is one of the hardest catalysts to be caped in because it is, for me, always running out even if i spend glory on it. And content wise it's not the easiest thing to find. You can get frags in monthly EQ but that is about it. There are some scraps in the side quest usually but not a significant amount. If a decent amount of this was thrown into some of the smaller offers i would be quite happy. Therefore i will give it an 8/10.

T4CC: This is an interesting one because there are 6 different types of them. If you happen to need some cosmic then you obviously will get mystic. So what is an easy solution for the said problem? Selectors! Yes those things that never appear anymore. Wouldn't it be great if we could so easily get the class we have a need in? As for the Crystals i will give a generous 3/10 but if we are talking about selectors then it's a 8/10.

T5CC: The last and highly regarded most important catalyst is the Tier 5 Class Catalyst. It is very rare to find frags for this. I'd say that even though this side quest is a massive fail, Kabam has been generous with the amount of frags given this month. If i can remember correctly there was a grand total of 18% of a fully formed t5cc randomized in 9 2% crystals. This is a lot more than we normally get monthly. Now what would be great is to do the same thing in next months SQ but actually make it doable. As for there being selectors that is also a very important key in getting us cav players to TB, because if we get a fully formed skill catalysts in these randomized 2%ers, but have no good skill 6*s then i suppose we have gotten screwed. So for t5cc crystals i'd give it a 5/10 because it still is the main goal to get those catalysts to become TB, and for selectors i'd give a 10/10 once again because if you don't have a decent option in the class you form, then selectors basically eliminate that problem.

Shards:

5* Shards: This is going to be a very controversial one because there are many different opinions on the value of 5*s. I'd say the way to value them depends on your story progression. If you just became cav and are in the lower parts of 6.2 then 5* shards are absolutely amazing because you still have quite some time before you get to that Grandmaster. As for me I still have much joy opening 5* crystals because they can still change your account (like that torch you've been hunting forever.) But for 6.4 and even some of 6.3 they are a bit devalued. It really sucks to rank up that 5* for one specific boss in act 6 when that champ needs R5 to clear most 6.3 and beyond content. So my ranking for the 5* shards for 6.2 players is a 8/10 but 6.3 and beyond is a 5/10.

6* Shards: What is the main goal of getting 6*s? There are many. To clear content, to increase prestige, and to diversify your classes as a precaution so when you form that t5cc you have much more likeliness to have a decent champ in said class. In other words, you want to open as many 6*s as possible to get a good R3 option in each class to become TB and not regret it later on. No one wants to rank up a Purgatory as a first 6* R3. 6* Shards will be getting a 9/10

Sig Stones:

5* Sig stones: This situation is much like the 5* shards where they are great for newer cavs but are devalued later on. The thing that makes them better though is that they can be great for the current biggest content such as the abyss. If you need sigs for your recently pulled Ægon then this is a great opportunity. Plus they are much better than 6* sig stones which i will get to next. So, my rating for 5* sigs is a 6/10.

6* Sig stones: To be realistic I can't see Kabam giving us Cav players any more than 100 of these. Many 6*s that you happen to awaken need high sig, so at the moment, wait to get alot more when you finally reach TB. They get 1/10.

Awakening Gems:

5* Awakening Gems: Once again this follows the same 5* narrative, so ill keep this one short. I love to get 5* awakening gems but at the moment i have 3 skill gems and no other ones, with not good skill champs to awaken. So for class gems 2/10 but generics 6/10.

6* Awakening Gems: "Grass, that's hilarious"

This post took a long time to type and come up with so please leave a comment, and if there is anything i missed please tell me on this post. If you disagree with my opinions please be kind about it in the comment section. Happy Cyber Weekend Kabam and MCoC players/community. Lets have a good one.

Your comment on 5* being "devalued" after 6.3 is wide of the mark. I used, predominantly, 5* to finish act 6 and all through act 7. It's easier to dupe 5* and it's easier to max sig 5* champs.

Never understood why new Cavs are so obsessed with 6*.
  • Options
    EinfachSoEinfachSo Posts: 269 ★★
    Kerneas said:

Also you forgot rankup gems, which we get more and more often (I have 4x 6* 1-2 in stash rn from Variants)

There are no 6* Rank up gems in the Variants 😉
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    EinfachSo said:

Kerneas said:

There are no 6* Rank up gems in the Variants 😉
    Jeez sorry, stupid me. I meant Act 7