**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Leveling up

Coolguy6666Coolguy6666 Posts: 2
edited December 2021 in General Discussion
I really hate leveling up in this game, I am a cavalier player with a t5cc in stock and I’m ready to use it to become thronebreaker. The only thing that is holding me back is my level. There is no good and fast way to level up in this game with out spending countless amounts of units on boosts and energy refills, I have all the way to 7.2 done and I’m still level 56. I have spent so much units and time but I’m not even making a dent in my exp bar, I’m just asking for a change. I want to become thronebreaker but I can’t if I have the level problem. I need some guidance or a change.
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★
    I’m in the exact same boat as you. Completed up to 7.2 and only L57. I don’t have the motivation to grind act 4 lol
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★
    GarrettN said:

Riptide said:

I’m in the exact same boat as you. Completed up to 7.2 and only L57. I don’t have the motivation to grind act 4 lol

If you’re at that point, you can easily auto grind act 4 and get units too for it.
    It’s mostly the time for me. I haven’t had a of time to play lately.

Btw, I fully acknowledge that me not being level 60 is because I don’t want to grind act 4

• Coolguy6666Coolguy6666 Posts: 2
    I understand that grinding aspect because I’ve been doing it for a couple hours in a row but I’m running out of resources now and I’m still at level 56. I’m fine with grinding as long as I need to since I do arena daily, but the overall unit cost and time it needs is unbelievable. Further proving the point that they need a better exp method. Or just change exp requirements for each level.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

I really hate leveling up in this game, I am a cavalier player with a t5cc in stock and I’m ready to use it to become thronebreaker. The only thing that is holding me back is my level. There is no good and fast way to level up in this game with out spending countless amounts of units on boosts and energy refills, I have all the way to 7.2 done and I’m still level 56. I have spent so much units and time but I’m not even making a dent in my exp bar, I’m just asking for a change. I want to become thronebreaker but I can’t if I have the level problem. I need some guidance or a change.

I have just used gifting events like these in the past to send my alts the resources needed to level up. I have three level 60 accounts at this point.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Open regular solo crystals for experience boosts instead of the supreme solo crystals.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Doesn’t act four give mastery points for completion?
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    GarrettN said:

Riptide said:

If you’re at that point, you can easily auto grind act 4 and get units too for it.
    Also the remaining masteries

• TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Auto Play act 4 with 5r5/ 6r2. They can take it, except for the boss. Use xp boosts with it
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Use the time today and tomorrow to get to thronebreaker. Then open your gift.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You do realize that it is supposed to take a long time once you get past level 40-ish? Like the point of levels at the beginning is to make you feel like you’re progressing and getting farther in the game, but later levels do that time. I honestly wish they kept going (past lvl 60) and just took forever to get through because at that point, it would be super cool when you finally did go up.

I’ve gone through the climb in my alt recently, but I haven’t worried about levels on my main account in literally multiple years, if not longer. Not to be one of those guys, but back in the day, when Act 5 just came out and you couldn’t progress as quickly through content because resources and champs were so much harder to get, people focused much more on exploration. That gave more XP, and built you up faster, but now the availability of champs and resources to blast through earlier game modes means that you don’t really need to think about exploration until you get as far as you can in content. I get it, but I think newer players discount how much effort getting to max level represents. It is a milestone for a reason.

There shouldn’t be a cheap way to “level up fast” at high levels because the xp needed between levels increases exponentially. I know it’s a bummer, but that is just how it has always worked and how it will continue to work. It may seem like it is taking forever right now, but that is probably just in comparison to how easy it was to blow through lower levels so quickly. There are ways to earn xp faster, and ways to get boosts. But it also does encourage content that is actually pretty beneficial (like Act 4 for mastery points and units). You may feel like you have earned a higher level because of how far you have gotten, but the point of xp based progression is that there is no way to revive your way through or do it through expert play, you just literally have to play long enough to get enough xp.

Sorry that probably wasn’t helpful, but TLDR:
    - the system won’t change, and shouldn’t need to
    - Do Act 4, I did it before energy and paths were nerfed and it was still worth it
    - It takes longer because it is supposed to. You’ll get there soon enough.

-The Ancient One