**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does Kabam plan to release movie tie in champs again?

SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
edited January 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Pre-COVID, Kabam used to release champs that tie in with the MCU movies going as far as releasing black widow (deadly origin) and red guardian before the movie was delayed due to COVID.

Since then Shang-Chi and No Way Home haven’t seen the same trend. There might be a multiverse of madness tie in with the release of the roadmap, but that’s all speculation.

Kabam are you going to do movie tie ins again?

(Of course it’s not a bad thing either way I’m just curious :) )
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Eternals got a tie in
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Eternals was November...
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    a) Eternals
    b) the narrative roadmap video specifically mentioned Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Thor Love and Thunder, and Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Holy #### I forgot Eternals existed. Wow

Also awesome to hear tie ins are coming back!
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Holy #### I forgot Eternals existed. Wow

Also awesome to hear tie ins are coming back!

They never left....
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    I think what we witnessed is more because of the changes in the delivery of the movies.

Kabam had a schedule from Marvel, but that schedule got tossed out the window because of COVID.

• Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★

I think what we witnessed is more because of the changes in the delivery of the movies.

Kabam had a schedule from Marvel, but that schedule got tossed out the window because of COVID.

Yeah, Kabam usually gets the info about movie releases and stuff early on and they start their builds to correspond with the release date but obviously the pandemic threw everything for a loop and suddenly they have Champions ready to go but no movie tie-in for release.

And as you can see with a lot of the movie tie-ins, they try to make them look pretty accurate to what you see in the film and a lot of that is because they're usually given early Peaks at the artwork and costume designs of what the champion will look like. The only notable exceptions on the design fronts are any characters released in the fox films (X-men, Deadpool, etc.) or Shang-Chi, who they went with more of a traditional look from the comics.