**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Strikers - New Feature Feedback Thread

Comments

• Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    TBH it seems like it's way too OP to ever be implemented in real content.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    I am OK with the strikers, but I find the visuals of it somewhat jarring. I am sure I will get used to it.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Been playing around with this on a few different devices and accounts. I honestly didn't use it beyond the first path.

Button placement - I found it fine on my iPhone. Did not like it on my iPad, just a bit too much of a stretch.

Implementation - From a visual perspective, this is awesome and I like to see that Kabam is trying new things. TBH, I thought both Hawkeye's new special slow down and strikers would be horribly bugged at launch. I was wrong. Both are very cool.

Long term use - The more I think about this, the more it is just a flash version of "gears". The fact that you can call in a different champ is just a veiled attempt to distract player about what this really is. Imagine if instead of calling in a new champ, the button still fills up and your champ can still benefit from the effect. Then is is just an additional ability that you can equip based on your "striker". So in essence, the "striker" is just a selectable "gear". Generally speaking, I don't care if it is, but lets not pretend its something its not. So, from someone who has recently stopped spending and dropped out of competitive gameplay, I do think its an awesome new visual in the game. I will hold my opinion further based on how its implemented in the future.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,996 ★★★★★
    There’s certainly fine tuning to be done on it, but as a concept it’s great fun. I’ve really been enjoying it and it has very cool potential for the future. A Heimdall striker granting true strike, a Magik striker inflicting power lock, there’s a lot of stuff we could see here that could be added to endgame content for more depth.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    Just tried two fights: the first one it didn't activate when I tapped the button after a combo, the second fight I was able to successfully chain the striker from a combo only for the unblockable to not activate. The second fight was with magneto against nebula, maybe is because of AAR?
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,105 ★★★★★
    Why can’t I combo my attackers sp2 into a striker sp2 to make a sp4?
  • CaptTrickCaptTrick Posts: 8
    As others have mentioned, the button placement is not great. A lot of the time it either doesn't register the tap or it triggers the special attack. Seems like you have to hit the 'sweet spot' for it to go.
  • xxILORDxxxxILORDxx Posts: 24
    Really It’s an amazing addition to the game, i like so much, but i feel that the strikers button needs to be repositioned a little bit down.

• Natasha1100Natasha1100 Posts: 16
    Its awesome, the strikers is easy to knock out some specific opponents

Well I also tried with my shang chi at 3* rarity,
    I waited for 2nd special attack, I got a opportunity to move on opponent with striker, colossus grant me unblockable buff for 6 seconds, before of 4 secs, I utilized and moved on shang chi's 2nd special attack, its awesome

Next I'm going to try on 4* Hercules with striker

Try this and enjoy yourselves
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    It's a fun addition to the side quest. Not sure I would want this in other content.

Also I've noticed the AI recovery at times causes my returned champ to get smacked.
  • TensioTensio Posts: 171
    Agree about the button placement. I pressed it by mistake several times
  • laxthelaxthe Posts: 51
    Adds a whole new dimension to the game and it is fun. I loved it and cant wait to see the content you’ll build on this exciting feature. Specific nodes that will require us to strategize when to use it or the option of selecting the striker champ and planning which champ would be the most useful etc. Overall, great addition to the game and holds intriguing possibilities for the future. Well done!
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

My suicides magically disappeared and it's not visual bug

• Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    I didn’t like it.
    Maybe buggy, maybe fat fingers but no matter what’s the reason is, half of the time I clicked the new button and it didn’t summon the striker. Instead got combo back to the face.
  • AaronxzAaronxz Posts: 9
    Amazing, one of the best things in years!
  • ZendricZendric Posts: 12

Striker is a cool function. I think this is a game changer, but problem is the button location is kind of in an odd place. I am using an iPhone XR and the button of special + striker took 1/3 of my screen already l. Also, when doing certain combo and ending with striker, sometimes comes out unresponsive. Maybe once fixed l, could be a good addition :)
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Deli said:

I really like the striker feature
    I think it should be implemented in more areas of the game or allow you to determine which champ you’ve brought into quest will be the striker preflight

Also if you can select specials even at 3 bars would be interesting change also

I was thinking about the "well if I could choose...." I would probably just always pick Corvis SP2....

Although awesome....it might be a bit content breaking.....
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Overall Strikers are awesome so far! One thing I’d want to see is a character on the team that can add themselves as a striker in the pre-fight menu! Great new mechanic to add to the game! :)

Scaling seems a little weird too
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    Personally, I like it. I can definitely see it being expanded to Story mode and potentially AQ. It should stay far away from AW though.

I've personally not experienced any issues with activating or not activating the strikers, perhaps it's just personal finger placement at work there.

I find it nifty it combos really well with most things, for ex with Wasp, if you do MLLLH, you can combo into a striker for 100% guaranteed crits. Finding it alot of fun.

I rate it a 7.5/10 atm, could use some fine-tuning, and champion selection. But please, don't monetize the use of them, let everyone try strikers
  • Jeromix_2ndJeromix_2nd Posts: 20
    Tried strikers, not a fan of it after some 60-ish fights. Button placement is clearly a problem - as mentioned in countless posts.

There are over 200 champs in the game and their abilities become more and more complicated. This created situations where it's confusing for the players how the interactions in the fights between two champs work. Not mentioning when nodes are added to the mix. The focus should be on fine-tuning these oddities and discrepancies (and omnipresent bugs in general!), I don't think that adding a third champ in the fight is the thing the game needs the most right now.
  • HipocerosHipoceros Posts: 88
    I wish you placed defenders like Penny or electro or some of them to see hoy the damage reflected works when your striker hit them. Or how the node that kills you after special (I guess is a black scull icon)works when the striker is in the middle. I liked to throw the striker against unstoppable but if your champ gonna be in the same place that striker finish his special then there is no advantage.
    Must be cool if the striker can "distract" the defender meanwhile we can do anything else, like charge our champions (like Falcón's target or crossbones furies, or blade regen).
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    I enjoyed the new mechanic, and once the bugs are all sorted out it would be a great addition to the game at least for some modes/quests.

If possible please give us options on where the new striker button is placed, for me it's about halfway into where I normally play with my left thumb meaning accidental activations are a problem. If we could drag and drop the button where we wanted it to be that would be awesome, but if not at least a couple placements options.
  • When playing with Aegon, if the striker finishes the fight, the combo meter isn't added to the persistent counter.
  • Wolviedrone97Wolviedrone97 Posts: 185
    Don’t like it at all
    The button placement is too close to sp button but hey every other comment in this thread is positive so it’ll probably be a permanent fixture
  • Chachaji01Chachaji01 Posts: 13

Kabaam this is best improvement in the game ever am loving it 100%. Please let's move on from here

• SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,158 ★★★★
    edited January 2022
    1. Button placement needs to change, too near the special and I found myself accidentally pressing it while not active and champ just stands there open

2. Concept is great, thought needs a few things thought through
    A. Which special will be used from the striker? My opinion is it should always be special 1, if we give too many options it will mean more configuration, if we give 2 specials then it's more buttons on the screen
    B. What happens to secondary effects (benefit att), by this I mean if I was using Magik, sp2 would power drain and steal some. If I used her as a striker, I would expect the champ to have zero power after the special but would my main champ get some extra?
    C. What happens to secondary effects (damage def), by this I mean if I used warlock I could use a special 1 as a striker and defender would bleed, would the bleed remain after the special? I think it should. Then a more interesting one, if I used warlock sp2 as a striker and infect the defender, would the infection remain when using my existing champ?
    D. Interaction with attacker. Colossus when using corvus for example makes all his hits critical. If I used someone with many armor up buffs, would this transfer to colossus and make his specials do more damage?
    E. Choosing strikers, I dont think it should be unlimited to make it more interesting. Maybe limit it by people they have a synergy with, same size (e.g. xl can have xl striker) or organisation. I am also OK with the current predefined striker system, secondary beneficial effect makes things fun.
    F. Does the striker take damage on your behalf? E.g. could it withstand a special for you, or could def only throw special when striker is gone like a normal special? If I randomly used a striker and the def was hitting it, would I get the damage or not as it's the striker getting hit.
  • TelbertTelbert Posts: 20
    To be honest I haven't really used it, I can see how it could be handy though. My main thought is if they can do this why cant they do mystique?