Bugs and more bugs

Sinister_RatcoonSinister_Ratcoon Member Posts: 14
edited February 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
It is really unfortunate to experience the current state and continuing current state of the game. I have played for years and believe that MCOC has gotten to its worst state since it’s beginning.
As players we are riddled with gameplay bugs. Blocks fail, parry registers but nothing happens, you can be in the middle of a combo and inputs drop which stops your champ and you die, etc, etc (I even watched a guardian doing red crit through blocking in aw today. Didn’t know guardian could bypass blocking but ok). The community has been bringing the poor gameplay to the developers attention for years and it is still not fixed. Instead we get more and more offers (for cash or units) or the continued “we’re working on it.” Honestly is the company I work for gave its clients the same product and service it would go bankrupt.
To make things better we are notified that there will be active rebalancing of champs (that the playerbase essentially purchases with either time or money) and players have no guarantee that the product they purchased is actually the product (champ) they purchased. As a long time player I can’t support the game until it addresses the majority of the issues the player base has been concerned about. Thx for a great game in the beginning and some great community connections over the years
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Sinister_RatcoonSinister_Ratcoon Member Posts: 14

Maybe read the posts on what they're doing? March they release the beta test for the input control fix. There was a developer post about this recently that explains the issue and might help you understand why this is happening so slowly.

In terms of rebalancing, people are overreacting before seeing any actual results, and I get why people have doubts about Kabam, but there is no reason to freak out about this until we see it in action.

I read the developer’s comments on fixes for March. But months ago there was an announcement about “fixes”. Months before that an announcement about “fixes” and so on. But it has progressively gotten worse while the community has been waiting for “fixes” over a period of years now (not months, weeks or even days).
    I’m not freaking out about balancing changes and I don’t believe the majority of individuals who disagree with the changes are freaking out either. It’s more of moral stance of being sold a product that may or may not be what is actually purchased in the future. It’s about transparency which shouldn’t have to be demanded or begged for. But realistically does anyone want to purchase a champ that they thought was as good as Kitty but in 3-6 months find out they received a Kitty skin with Iron Patriot functionality or would anyone want to miss an opportunity to get the next herc because a Iron Patriot got a buff? It’s about getting what you pay for (or gamble for).
  • ZeraphanZeraphan Member Posts: 324 ★★★
    The major issues (parry/dex/input) have not been going on for over a year yet. Your statement about years of bugs is a tad hyperbolic.

The announced balance changes in my opinion will have the effect that most people will not worry about new champs anymore until after their balance period. As you suggested, no one is going to willingly want to spend money (or time grinding) to try and get a champ to only have them become something less in the future. I personally think this plan of theirs is bad for that reason, it encourages people to wait on getting champs.