**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How is it that Kabam still hasn’t fixed the known dropping Horseman bug?

Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 704 ★★★
edited February 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
Experienced the infamous mysterious disappearing horseman act (Wolvie was a horseman in monthly quest but ran out of energy. Came back to finish, and *poof!* Wolvie isn’t a horseman anymore). In searching the forums, this was apparently a well-documented and known issue that was “being worked on” back in 2020. Just curious why, it’s taken so long? Fix the old bugs before you create new bugs, please.

Comments

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    StainA said:

The same person is probably in charge of fixing the NF bug in AW. Useless.

Which nick fury bug?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Vance2_jr said:

Experienced the infamous mysterious disappearing horseman act (Wolvie was a horseman in monthly quest but ran out of energy. Came back to finish, and *poof!* Wolvie isn’t a horseman anymore). In searching the forums, this was apparently a well-documented and known issue that was “being worked on” back in 2020. Just curious why, it’s taken so long? Fix the old bugs before you create new bugs, please.

Well, when something takes a while to fix, it means they can't find the issue.

Also... You think they create bugs on purpose?
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Vance2_jr said:

No. I don’t. But clearly almost any new content they release contains bugs. Fact. So…they should prolly fix the ones that are out there before unleashing (unintentionally, of course) any more into the game. When the boat has a leak, do you (a) plug it, or (b) saw a chunk out of the stern to add another foot in length?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Vance2_jr said:

Vance2_jr said:

No. I don’t. But clearly almost any new content they release contains bugs. Fact. So…they should prolly fix the ones that are out there before unleashing (unintentionally, of course) any more into the game. When the boat has a leak, do you (a) plug it, or (b) saw a chunk out of the stern to add another foot in length?
    If you're running a store and some of the items on the shelf break, do you close the store and stop selling everything else? No.
    You keep the store running and clean the mess while you sell other things.
    If they stopped producing the game, something that not only won't help them fix things but will actually make it extremely difficult to, then the game won't last very long. Ending the game is not a way to fix things.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    That hasn't been my observation.
  • Options
    daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    Get in line... There's other bugs to fix first.
  • Options
    Vance2_jr said:

But they aren’t cleaning the mess while they sell other things. That’s the problem. They just ignore them, move on and hope people forget.

They are, you just don't pay attention. Go find the change log that's updated every month. It has a list of all the bugs I bet you didnt even know about that were fixed.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    And yet bugs…big bugs and small bugs….that have been around for a very long time still persist and detract from the experience of 99.9 percent of players. I’ve spent enough in game to be able to complain about it because is it a problem. I appreciate the fact that you are completely satisfied with your experience in game. Please appreciate the fact that I am not.
  • Options
    Vance2_jr said:

And yet bugs…big bugs and small bugs….that have been around for a very long time still persist and detract from the experience of 99.9 percent of players. I’ve spent enough in game to be able to complain about it because is it a problem. I appreciate the fact that you are completely satisfied with your experience in game. Please appreciate the fact that I am not.

I never said I was satisfied. I'm just not jaded like you. I understand the process in what it takes to find and fix the issues. People like you think there's a button the press to fix a bug and have no idea what it actually takes. You also think there shouldn't be any bugs and that's just never going to happened.
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Vance2_jr said:

I never said I was satisfied. I'm just not jaded like you. I understand the process in what it takes to find and fix the issues. People like you think there's a button the press to fix a bug and have no idea what it actually takes. You also think there shouldn't be any bugs and that's just never going to happened.
    No. I don’t “think there’s a button to press to fix a bug”. But I do think that, as with any service ones pays for, there is an expectation that it will work and, if it doesn’t, it will be fixed very, very quickly. You know what would happen if I knew something was wrong and I let it go for more than a year where I work? I’d be fired.

I’m not going to get into a back and forth with you on this. You clearly are cool with it. My point is, and I think it’s a shared feeling, is fix the things that are wrong before moving too far forward. Input issues, parrry issues, and stupid stuff like this should be remedied a heck of a lot quicker than they are. There’s simply no reason for it. If it’s a resource issue, divert resources from developing new content into fixing existing content. It’s kind of a bummer that I just r3d Apoc and have been dumping stones into my Wolverine so I could flex his horseman muscles only to not be able to do that…
  • Options
    Vance2_jr said:

Vance2_jr said:

No. I don’t “think there’s a button to press to fix a bug”. But I do think that, as with any service ones pays for, there is an expectation that it will work and, if it doesn’t, it will be fixed very, very quickly. You know what would happen if I knew something was wrong and I let it go for more than a year where I work? I’d be fired.

I’m not going to get into a back and forth with you on this. You clearly are cool with it. My point is, and I think it’s a shared feeling, is fix the things that are wrong before moving too far forward. Input issues, parrry issues, and stupid stuff like this should be remedied a heck of a lot quicker than they are. There’s simply no reason for it. If it’s a resource issue, divert resources from developing new content into fixing existing content. It’s kind of a bummer that I just r3d Apoc and have been dumping stones into my Wolverine so I could flex his horseman muscles only to not be able to do that…
    You aren't paying for a service. This game is free. You're paying to get ahead quicker. You don't own the account you play, you don't own the digital content you receive from offers.

If you don't understand programming and game development, just say it. The content design team is not the team that fixes bugs. Combining those teams or diverting those teams won't make the problem easier to fix. This has been debunked 100's of times on these forums and any developer will tell you the same.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Vance2_jr said:

Is it so hard not to take Kabam s side for once, even when they re clearly in the wrong? (don't answer :p )