**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What’s the reasoning behind so much recent unblockable content when Dex still does not work right?

Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
It seems like recently there’s been so much more unblockable Contant on Nodes bosses and new champs which to me doesn’t make a lot of sense when dex still does not work properly. I mean you could make more sense of it if you got weekly compensation of regular revives and health potions instead of alliance quest in alliance war revives.

Comments

• Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    I don't mind unblockable or whatever as long as there's a way to play around it but that fight last month with Sauron was kinda BS. Ended up using domino w/flaming trinity and prayed I got lucky with using heavys and burn him up.
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    I can't think of any contents having unblockable nodes which is impossible to beat. I think they are reasonable.
  • Options
    CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 796 ★★★
    Hey just want to know, is it sp unblockable or basic attack?

Noy to brag, actually some of unblockable bosses are easy if you use certain champs
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

So that we have to buy more potions. It just blows my mind how so many people can’t see that. Kabaam will always be kabaam. All you really can do is suck it up and try to keep going. I know I have been playing less and less. It’s just not fun. I’m tired of trying to evade or block or dex specials and still getting blasted in the face.

It blows my mind how many players think this way. They aren't developing content based on exploiting bugs to screw the players lol. I'm no Kabam apologist but this is just nonsense.
    Maybe because the last half a year has seen unblockable in every piece of content? If two things happen a few times, maybe it is coincidence. Repeating it over and over while the issues with dex still persists starts to feel exploitive and intentional. When it happens to you again and again, it is really diffcult to see it any other way after all this time.
    Or the devs design their content regardless, often way before or independent of current bugs. What particular piece of content do you think they are making money on due to the bugs? Most players don't spend money at all. Of the one's that do, it isn't generally for EQ and side quests. Players who do spend and are angry with the game are less likely to buy offers. Players that don't spend or spend a little and can't complete content due to bugs are likely to move on to other games or at least ignore the offending content. Kabam makes way more money from a working game than hoping people will use unites for revives. Content like Abyss makes money from people buying revives, but EQ doesn't really. The idea that they are changing what would have been the design to exploit current bugs is laughable. Go ahead and hit the disagree button but that's the truth.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    I'm on Android so I'm not affected by the iOS bugs, but isn't there a problem with both dexing and parrying? In that case, wouldn't there be a similar problem if Kabam removed the unblockable attacks and designed the content with parrying in mind? To me, it seems like this all stems from a really crappy situation rather than some sort of malicious intent from Kabam's side.
  • Options
    It is kind of irritating no doubt about it. I've had to learn to backdraft intercept and have gotten pretty good with it. I try and use miles but his camo is buggy and isn't reliable so I look for ways around it. 7.1.4 Cage Rattler and Aspect of War path has unblockable but I used Shang Chi. I find workarounds but I do think Kabam either needs to adjust revive ratio to more than 5 quest revives per month or just make nodes that function like a GM fight.
  • Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    edited February 2022
    They probably have another progression title coming in the future. And Kabam also probably wants people advancing in progression. So to challenge people to step out of their comfort zone and maybe change their fight style isn’t such a bad thing. Unblockabke fights are great as they help you improve on anticipating when to intercept, help in learning how to backdraft, and evade the opponents special attacks.
  • Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Robbo9 said:

I don’t mind the unblockable nodes normally. I probably wouldn’t have bothered to learn to intercept if they didn’t exist. But I do think they should’ve been toned down a bit while there’s input issues. The amount of times I accidentally parry when dexing is frustrating enough without it happening on an unblockable fight.

I do agree this,…and it is frustrating to have your dex turn into a parry from overly aggressive AI,..or just the dex altogether not registering. The fight lag on top of this doesn’t help much as well.
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

It seems like recently there’s been so much more unblockable Contant on Nodes bosses and new champs which to me doesn’t make a lot of sense when dex still does not work properly. I mean you could make more sense of it if you got weekly compensation of regular revives and health potions instead of alliance quest in alliance war revives.

Dolla dolla billz yalllllll 🤑🤑🤑
  • Options
    JustinU21JustinU21 Posts: 75 ★★

Hey just want to know, is it sp unblockable or basic attack?

Noy to brag, actually some of unblockable bosses are easy if you use certain champs

I think OP Is talking about the somewhat recent shift in the meta of new champions having unblockable attacks built into their kit for both basic & special attacks. Sauron & Misty are most recent examples
  • Options
    Chris_ThisChris_This Posts: 40

So that we have to buy more potions. It just blows my mind how so many people can’t see that. Kabaam will always be kabaam. All you really can do is suck it up and try to keep going. I know I have been playing less and less. It’s just not fun. I’m tired of trying to evade or block or dex specials and still getting blasted in the face.

It blows my mind how many players think this way. They aren't developing content based on exploiting bugs to screw the players lol. I'm no Kabam apologist but this is just nonsense.
    Maybe because the last half a year has seen unblockable in every piece of content? If two things happen a few times, maybe it is coincidence. Repeating it over and over while the issues with dex still persists starts to feel exploitive and intentional. When it happens to you again and again, it is really diffcult to see it any other way after all this time.
    You’re confusing the idea that the pattern with unblockable showing up in content has to mean they’re doing it because of the bugs. Nobody is denying that there is a trend with unblockable showing up a lot. But there is no evidence that they’re doing it only because of the bugs. Quite the opposite, this trend began before the bugs even started

Here is a screenshot from 7.3 beta on the 12th July, pretty much exactly the time the bug started

You can see there’s the unblockable node, and this is one of many unblockable paths in this beta which was planned months before the bug even showed up.

If Kabam wanted to exploit unblockable nodes while the bug was here, how come they were using a hell of a lot of these nodes before the bug?

The frequency of unblockable nodes hasn’t increased since the bug started, it’s stayed pretty constant (as in, constantly quite a lot).

So either you’re wrong, and Kabam just quite like the idea of unblockable as a challenge (which I think works, we have counters, and it challenges players to not block as much, which some struggle with), or Kabam originally were just going to use unblockable once in 7.3, and then once the bug started they maniacally rubbed their hands together and laughed they decided to keep putting unblockable in EQ to try and drain our wallets.

Which firstly, doesn’t make sense. As @LeNoirFaineant says, people don’t spend on EQ, and being frustrated with bugs makes them less likely to spend. So from a business point of view it doesn’t make sense. And secondly, we’ve seen these trends before like @Fenico said, with evade being everywhere, then autoblock, spite showed up a lot when it was introduced. Unblockable is the current trend, it’ll be here for a while until we have more and more counters or Kabam decide to move onto the next challenge.
    Fair points made by you and @LeNoirFaineant . I will retract the statement that Kabam is deliberately exploiting the parry/dex issue as long as I can state that it would have gone a long way on their part if they pivoted and modified or done away with their unblockable nodes knowing so many people are affected. I can't speak for all or most affected and everyone has their own units/revive stash situation. I don't have the time to grind for units so my stash is usually pretty low and yeah sometimes I get tilted and end up using afew revives if I don't feel like restarting the quest.

What I think also plays a big part is players' "additction" to the game. As a 5+ year player this game was a massive part of my life and was the sole game I played. Hours a day went into this game. While I scaled back massively due to the current state of the game, I still love this game at its core and would like for it to improve and survive. I'm sure many if not most feel the same. Quitting is always and otpion but many of us feel significantly invested already and it feels horrible to just leave.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

You’re confusing the idea that the pattern with unblockable showing up in content has to mean they’re doing it because of the bugs. Nobody is denying that there is a trend with unblockable showing up a lot. But there is no evidence that they’re doing it only because of the bugs. Quite the opposite, this trend began before the bugs even started

Here is a screenshot from 7.3 beta on the 12th July, pretty much exactly the time the bug started

You can see there’s the unblockable node, and this is one of many unblockable paths in this beta which was planned months before the bug even showed up.

If Kabam wanted to exploit unblockable nodes while the bug was here, how come they were using a hell of a lot of these nodes before the bug?

The frequency of unblockable nodes hasn’t increased since the bug started, it’s stayed pretty constant (as in, constantly quite a lot).

So either you’re wrong, and Kabam just quite like the idea of unblockable as a challenge (which I think works, we have counters, and it challenges players to not block as much, which some struggle with), or Kabam originally were just going to use unblockable once in 7.3, and then once the bug started they maniacally rubbed their hands together and laughed they decided to keep putting unblockable in EQ to try and drain our wallets.

Which firstly, doesn’t make sense. As @LeNoirFaineant says, people don’t spend on EQ, and being frustrated with bugs makes them less likely to spend. So from a business point of view it doesn’t make sense. And secondly, we’ve seen these trends before like @Fenico said, with evade being everywhere, then autoblock, spite showed up a lot when it was introduced. Unblockable is the current trend, it’ll be here for a while until we have more and more counters or Kabam decide to move onto the next challenge.
    it would have gone a long way on their part if they pivoted and modified or done away with their unblockable nodes knowing so many people are affected.
    Yes I strongly agree here. I get content is planned long in advance, and I get why they wouldn’t change it for 7.3 and 7.4 or any other permanent content (since that content will be around long after the bug is fixed), but it would have been great to stop designing Cav EQ or side quests with stun reflect, unblockable nodes which rely on precise timing.

For me, I don’t think temporary content which will start and end during the parry bug window should include these unblockable nodes. Doesn’t harm anyone to replace them with something else.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,315 ★★★★★
    Unblockable content+dex issues= x amount of units and revives

So, Block able content+ parry issues=x amount of revives. Where parry and dex issues ruin all content. And we need to buy units packs in game.

A+B=x
    A+C=x
    So B=C

Kabam's math logic☝️