Options

That Science Cavalier EQ node..

Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,158 ★★★★★
...is of no benefit - not even to Miles. I'd rather not have any node than a stun that doesn't allow you to recover from the evade that causes it and take advantage of the situation. A stun parry with nothing in stupefy lasts longer.

Comments

• Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,782 ★★★★
    It does take some getting used to. My first two runs were not fun, but then I figured it out (and also turned off suicides) and it became more enjoyable. Hit them with an L1 or stun/parry, get an evade charge, let them hit into you then punish them and pick up some furies. Repeat that once or twice and they go down fast.

I used my Miles also and found him to be great - good in case I messed up and took an unblockable special in the face, cross fight furies made it faster as you went.
  • Options
    OlivOliv Posts: 9
    I was looking forward to completing cav EQ this month, science is the 1st or 2nd most developed roster I have. I explored all in the first 4 chapters. This one made me stop completely, not even the completion, I'll check again next month.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    People aren't playing it right, it's literally more free than any other quest. Parry heavy, then wait for them to hit you, heavy, repeat, bait special, repeat. If you want you can use miles for the unblockable specials and make the fight even easier
  • Options
    BizarreSoldierBizarreSoldier Posts: 17
    Malreck04 said:

People aren't playing it right, it's literally more free than any other quest. Parry heavy, then wait for them to hit you, heavy, repeat, bait special, repeat. If you want you can use miles for the unblockable specials and make the fight even easier

As someone said, that only work if you don't have parry/dex issues. Also, I don't know if it is a bug or what, but Miles doesn't always evades the unblockable specials, sometimes I got hit and it's over.

I know some people can play this node with no problem, but I prefer to skip this chapter. I did it once and that's all. I rather fight another Phoenix boss than 6 unblockable champs (and some of them very annoying).
  • Options
    Darkknight_94Darkknight_94 Posts: 459 ★★★
    Worst part defenders getting unblockable chrge & above sp1 ! Some champs sps are hard to dodge! And in cavalier you know how much damage 1 sp with all those nodes can do! I literally felt like a noob playing it!
    AI was either just dashing back& blocking or game inputs were freezing (like, i went for dexing but champ stood there like statue. & took a combo of face!
  • Options
    miracle_mufflermiracle_muffler Posts: 153 ★★
    I used Spider Ham and iHulk. Ham is amazing for it, as you can just heavy, evade and heavy again. He also carries over charges. iHulk is a bit harder as his heavy reach is shorter, but still he worked great.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,592 ★★★★★
    Allow me to explain, because I’m not sure if it’s the same for everyone who is experiencing parry/dex issues. So this is how it manifests for me:

1. Dex is just a whiff slower/later with this quest and node—which means an attempt to evade an unblockable hit (when you don’t have the evade charge) becomes a combo to the face. (An example I can provide is a familiar one for some—the “sticky” parry you sometimes get when trying to evade CWBP with armor charges, where it feels like the window to successfully evade has shortened slightly).

2. Similarly, because dex is a whiff slower, when you have an evade charge and yet want to evade without dexing (say, for example because you are trying to bait out specials, which are infamously hard to bait lately), you instead trigger dex, waste your evade charge stun (which is pretty quick) and you’re back to number 1 above.

The execution of the node isn’t hard at all—if your basic mechanics work. I’m envious of those for whom they do.

But for me, on my device (as well as two ally mates with similar devices and connections), the overlay of the science evade node lag onto existing mechanics issues makes it more challenging than it should have been.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,294 ★★★★★
    I had fun and liked the node too. Sad that it's not in UC. Crisp Heavy spams.
    I'm running this game on a 5yr old potato device. Lags and issues are my childhood friends in this game.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,192 ★★★★★
    Man_Bat said:

That node is really fun once you get the hang of it. One you've got an evade charge you can just stand around waiting for them to hit you and get stunned (even if they're unblockable).

Agree. It's a counterintuitive playstyle, but this is the solution IMO.
  • Options
    PinkysegunPinkysegun Posts: 77
    Man_Bat said:

That node is really fun once you get the hang of it. One you've got an evade charge you can just stand around waiting for them to hit you and get stunned (even if they're unblockable).

you know lots of champs have short reach
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Although I agree this level was annoying, I also didn’t have a problem throwing another heavy after the stun. I used iAbom, void and HT for the lanes.
  • Options
    Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★
    While I get that certain people are still experiencing significant dex/parry issues, this unblockable shouldn’t be too hard to work around compared to other unblockable nodes in the game. I think the main issue here stems from not playing around the node correctly.

First, I’m seeing a lot of advice suggesting that you should throw a heavy attack during the stun time. While this might work for some champs, for most others I don’t think the stun time is long enough to consistently get heavies in. Instead, take the opportunity to jump in with a full five hit combo to build your power and the opponent’s. Then, you can bait their sp1 and throw a heavy after (depending on how vulnerable their animation is) or knock them down with your own sp1 to get another evade charge. Following this gameplan, fights usually end pretty quickly as fury charges rack up.

Secondly, don’t try to dex basic hits while you have an evade charge, it will just waste the charge. Instead, wait for your opponent to hit into you, then punish immediately.

Finally, a personal tip: I use a lot of spidergwen for this node because, after the initial parry heavy, you can immediately dash in for a five hit combo if you time it right. This builds a solid amount of power and gets the fight under control early on.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,158 ★★★★★
    Man_Bat said:

I realise that but it's very counterintuitive to how you evade (and bait specials) in every other situation. I just feel the science node in other months is more useful and fun.
  • Options
    SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 343 ★★★
    It’s so broken…. Only get the cross fight on two paths, and the node actually works against you against certain champs with extended specials (especially that a**hat Super Skrull)
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,736 ★★★
    For me personally, I just parry/stun, heavy most of the fight. U just have to be fast with the heavy cause the stun is really quick. I used Void and Human Torch a lot.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,920 ★★★★★
    This node was super easy to play with, I enjoyed it. It was a cheese fest
  • Options
    AinyAiny Posts: 249 ★★★
    I actually think it's really fun... Quake cheeses it by herself, just add Fury to the team to get the evade charges and you're laughing through the entire quest.
  • Options
    Midias12Midias12 Posts: 71
    I thought it was a ton of fun once I got used to it