**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

BATTLEGROUNDS with DE/LC?

awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
Please keep this thread on topic. This isn't about mastery cost, but more about mastery setup.

The last time battlegrounds BETA was around I had a difficult time getting connected and wasn't ever able to actually compete.

I was curious if anyone ran liquid courage/double edge and what your general experience was with them?

And/or if you fought against someone with them?

How was the average outcome of the fights? Better? Worse? No noticable difference?

I'm aware that recoil will do some damage, but does the "time bonus" potentially offset it?

Or is suicides a complete no-go for battlegrounds?

Just trying to gather the general consensus.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    I didn’t notice a difference, but with safeguard instead of masochism I would imagine it becomes a big liability to use them
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★
    With the last defender node, Masochism, LC/DE were viable to run because the node offset the recoil damage your defenders would take. On offense, it was a tradeoff as it always is.

The next round of the Beta will have Safeguard as the node, which seems to actively counter running those high damage masteries and removes the safety net for your defenders when it comes to recoil.

In short, when the node is masochism (or some other regen node), the recoil tree is definitely viable. Otherwise, I probably wouldn’t recommend it.
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Now that Battlegrounds is active again, I'd be curious to see more feedback and real impact of masteries within battlegrounds.

I would love to enable them back on again now that the war season is wrapping up, but if it means I will seldomly win I guess I'll have to leave them off.

Mostly, I find arenas unbearable without them and I used to hit 1-10% in all arenas consistently. In the last month I fight to barely get milestones and in the 4* arena I barely make it to a million points before I just can't deal anymore
  • Options
    OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 248
    I’ve tried with and without and it’s a lot better offensively, but you can also make it a lot easier for your opponents to kill you. For instance I had bishop as defender today and an AA took him out a lot faster than he would have if I didn’t have them on.