**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is it just me or have there been much less Persistent/Cross Charge based champs over the past year?

GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
Persistent/Cross charge meaning winning a fight will affect the next fight in some way. Not like a pre fight mechanic like Omega Sentinel.

So far 2022: None
2021: Herc, Purgs and Stryfe (I don’t count Odin because him fighting is irrelevant to his cross fight if that makes sense)
2020: Air Walker, Apoc, iHulk(kinda), Mojo, Pr X, Red Goblin
2019: CMM, Cull, Maw, Guilly 99, Nick(kinda),
2018: Ægon, Corvus, Heimdall, Sabretooth, Sentry, Champion, VTD

There is a steady decline especially from 2020 to 2021 and now to 2022. Even Hercs isn’t even very necessary to ramp up through fights. What does this mean? Basically nothing, just a weird observation of mine. But it begs the question for me “Do people actually like Persistent charge based champs?” And “Do you want Kabam to make more of these?”

Comments

• UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    Missing mr. sinister and bishop in 2019 and 2018.
  • Razor_360Razor_360 Posts: 27
    2022 has black cat, so far
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 247 ★★
    Also missing mr F, human torch and invisible woman (kinda)
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022
    Honestly I don't think it's intentional. Maybe their ideas for these champ kits these days tend to just be without Persistent or Cross-Fight abilities in them for particular characters.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Razor_360 said:

2022 has black cat, so far

Uvogin said:

Missing mr. sinister and bishop in 2019 and 2018.

Sorry, my bad
    Webby72 said:

Also missing mr F, human torch and invisible woman (kinda)

Winning a fight with Torch and IW won't affect the next like the other champs on the list.
    I guess i can see an argument for Mr. F but idk
    Ercarret said:

My guess is that it's simply due to how they are designing content nowadays. Previously, quests could meander for a very long time so there was ample opportunity to ramp champs up. In recent years, however, that design philosophy seems to have changed and there are just seven fights (boss included) in every quest of Act 7. I think this makes it difficult to create any kind of meaningful persistent charges.

Take someone like Corvus, for example. With only six champions per path, he's really difficult to ramp up properly ahead of a boss. You need a mutant, a tech, an Avenger and someone who will evade or auto-block you. You will most likely not find too many paths in Act 7 that contains all of those missions, which means that he'll stay suboptimal for the entire quest (boss included). If that's the case, why would anyone rank him up? What's the point of ranking up a champ that you'll only ever get the most out of in the rarest and most perfect situations?

You see the same problem with newer champs. Apocalypse is a perfect example. His ability to make every mutant a horseman is absolutely ridiculous, but if you do, you almost never have the time to ramp him back up again. You definitely don't if you don't bring any of the synergy champions that ramp him up immediately. As such, I basically never use the ability to turn champs into horsemen simply because I value Apocalypse himself too highly to gimp him in the process.

Despite kind of wanting more situations where I can ramp up several champions, I ultimately think the current structure is the best. We've already tried way too long quests and those were incredibly tedious (even with ramp-up champions).

I think the way forward will be abilities like Mojo or Hercules' where you can ramp up both throughout the quest but also in individual fights. Either that or you ramp up very, very quickly within a quest.

Another cool solution could maybe be to "charge" a champion on your team when you come to that "Do you want to change a champ?" node before the boss. Maybe you could give them an extra persistent charge or two instead of changing a champ? I think that could be a valuable addition to the game when you don't have time to ramp champions up fully during the quest. But then you forego the ability to change in a totally new champion.

I don't know, just a suggestion.

Yeah I agree. I hope the 6 fight then boss design stays for a while. It works well for a lot of these champs too
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    My guess is they got distracted with giving unstoppable and/or unblockable to so many defenders for a while and just forgot about other mechanisms :)