**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Omega Red vs AA

UMad8ro3UMad8ro3 Posts: 132
edited May 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I have been sitting in a 6* Mutant AG. I already have AA as an awakened R5 5*. I’m leaning towards giving Omega Red the gem and taking him up to R3 but recently got a 6* AA so am now conflicted. I don’t run suicides but could put 100+ sig stones in either once awakened. Would love the communities advice. Thanks!
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Honestly, I have both.

I tend to favor omega red, but full disclosure: I almost always run suicides.

While where AA shines, he crushes. But that is relying on a lot: AKA debuff immunities in the champ or node, etc.

I find omegas kit a little better in most cases. Immune to thorns damage on all medium and heavy attacks and sp2&3. (First hit of sp1 will do damage back) also each spore is 10% less chance the opponent can shrug debuffs. And no one is immune to his death spores or death field. And he will easily clean up biohazard lanes without breaking a sweat. (Make sure you run WP and 1 point in coagulate)

That's not to say that AA isn't also a menace, just his kit is more straightforward.

Either way you choose it's not a bad decision.

My two tips though:

Take your choice to R3.
    Wait to use the AG until you need to use that champ. (Might dupe naturally)
    Definitely bring the other champ to R3 eventually too.

If you take up AA he doesn't really require a high signature ability, whereas omega excels with it.
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    Archangel- absolutely dominates poison and bleed sensitive opponents.
    Crazy simple. Parry Heavy.
    High sig optional

Omega red
    -really needs to bleed
    - really needs high sig
    - Requires proximity
    - Much better with synergies
    - More complicated playstyle.

For modern nodes, AA is more practical.

If you put the time in on OR, he is probably better.
    I don’t get to use any one champ enough to be expert. I have to use so many different champs to beat nodes, I only end up using simple champs.
  • Options
    ThomildoThomildo Posts: 446 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    If you run suicides omega is amazing. But AA is a personal favorite. At sig 112 it’s 100% aa reduction at 3 neuros. He just shuts down so many bs nodes. AA gets my vote.
  • Options
    UMad8ro3UMad8ro3 Posts: 132
    Thanks for the input. Do you think it matters that I already have a 5* AA at 5/65 full sig?
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    You won’t enjoy Omega as much without recoil tree, fights will be slower
  • Options
    ThomildoThomildo Posts: 446 ★★★
    UMad8ro3 said:

Thanks for the input. Do you think it matters that I already have a 5* AA at 5/65 full sig?

I have a Max 5* and a r3 6*. Sometimes i bring both, i think he’s that useful. The bigger healthpool on the 6* is nice since you take block damage playing him.