Options

Grandmaster special 1

spfspiderspfspider Posts: 20
edited June 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I took my first run at taking down the Grandmaster but I could not dex his special 1 for the life of me. I think I heard one of the Youtubers I watched mention that one of the paths took away unblockable off his specials. Is that correct or am I going to have to rank 5 my Mr Sinister just so I can at least block his special 1? I've got a good stash of revives ready but I already used about 15 of them and I was maybe able to dex it once or twice at most. Is there a champion that has a special that's similar to his that I can practice against?

For reference I usually have no issues dexing the Iron Man(Men) specials, Iceman's and even Cyclops most of the time. Is there another champion that can block his unblockable attack besides Mr. Sinister?

Comments

• Options
    ShivacruxShivacrux Posts: 412 ★★★
    miles is much better option
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    You have to Dex super early. Don't wait for the beam
  • Options
    BollandBolland Posts: 75 ★★★
    edited June 2022
    Dex when he reaches back prior to firing his energy beam, you want to swipe before the beam is on it's way to you. It's a weird one to time but once you get into the rhythm it becomes second nature. You got this dude.
  • Options
    MattDRKMattDRK Posts: 171
    Dex when the background goes dark
  • Options
    So I'm in the middle of trying again and I was able to get to the GM pretty much unscathed thanks to R3 Herc. But if I'm still stuck on dexing could I do Path E and bring Thor with me to get no block damage from the beam when Herc is below 5% or is it one of those100% chance exceptions. I'm also bringing a sig 200 CAIW 5* R5; he might be able to mitigate some block damage as well right?
  • Options
    I appreciate all the input everyone. I kind of got the dex timing after awhile but the most difficult part for me became reading the missions after I finally got the hang of the dex. Since I was making headway, I basically used my large amount of stashed revives and health pots to slowly whittle down his health. I even ceremonially gave the knockout blow to my first max sig R5, whom is still one of the best support/overall characters in the game: CAIW :) (Though Herc did 98% of the heavy lifting).