I’m Officially Done With AW

The title goes without much explanation—I’m done with AW after this season. I, like the vast majority of players, play in a laidback non-competitive alliance that is AQ-focused but runs 1-2 BGs for AW for anyone that wants to participate. During the compensation a lot of our alliance members and I ran AW because it was a low-to-no-cost game mode for minimal rewards. However, now AW is plagued with bugs and there’s no competition. The rewards are subpar unless you are in a top AW alliance, and to be running at that level you have to be a big spender for a frustrating and arguably boring game mode. Therefore, I’m done with AW after this season. The only way I would consider playing AW again would be if (1) compensation continued indefinitely, or (2) bugs are fixed and rewards are increased. But neither of those two options appear to be in the future. So, peace out AW; it’s been real.

Comments

• VendemiaireVendemiaire Member Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Thanks for announcing it. Now, it's official.

But yea, seriously, if you're not competing for the top brass, it's okay to go for the 1 loyalty revive route. Not worth it to use potions as you will never ROI even if you win a lot.
  • IgnobleIgnoble Member Posts: 79
    1 Loyalty revives? It’s basically free with the Loyalty AW chucks at you.
    Also the rewards are already really good.
  • GladsGlads Member Posts: 426 ★★★
    Ignoble said:

1 loyalty revives are cheap too, but your not going to 1 shot too many fight with 40% health.
    That's the bottom line.
    My take is you need to increase the 40% team revives and drop the potions as much as 70-80%. 1 win of aw gives you 12k health its not sufficient
  • CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Member Posts: 1,015 ★★★★

The title goes without much explanation—I’m done with AW after this season. I, like the vast majority of players, play in a laidback non-competitive alliance that is AQ-focused but runs 1-2 BGs for AW for anyone that wants to participate. During the compensation a lot of our alliance members and I ran AW because it was a low-to-no-cost game mode for minimal rewards. However, now AW is plagued with bugs and there’s no competition. The rewards are subpar unless you are in a top AW alliance, and to be running at that level you have to be a big spender for a frustrating and arguably boring game mode. Therefore, I’m done with AW after this season. The only way I would consider playing AW again would be if (1) compensation continued indefinitely, or (2) bugs are fixed and rewards are increased. But neither of those two options appear to be in the future. So, peace out AW; it’s been real.

what bug?

anyway laid back alliance? but complaining aw?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,758 ★★★★★
    Glads said:

Ignoble said:

1 loyalty revives are cheap too, but your not going to 1 shot too many fight with 40% health.
    That's the bottom line.
    My take is you need to increase the 40% team revives and drop the potions as much as 70-80%. 1 win of aw gives you 12k health its not sufficient
    40% health is plenty to one shot most aw fights.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,758 ★★★★★

Ummm the "vast majority" aren't in laid back alliances. Way over exaggerating there.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,397 ★★★★★

If you're in a non competitive alliance AW is basically free now as all you have to do I buy 40% revives for 1 loyalty each. You can run AW for probably years for less than the cost of a potion. Posts like this don't even make sense.

I agree about the revives. I don’t take AW seriously so this works for me. Also it is more fun when you don’t care.
  • miracle_mufflermiracle_muffler Member Posts: 156 ★★
    We went from being competitive (2 BGs P4/G1, tier 2-3) to fully relaxed mode this season and it had been quite fun. I got 12-13 kills each war and it is just nice to not care about dying.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Member Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    This is just another in the long line of alliances that had a false sense of how good they were because of the free items being received. Now that the well has run dry, those "non-competitive" alliances that were probably placing in Gold 2/3 are going to drop a few tiers as they begin losing wars cause they don't want to spend on items.

Now I'm not blaming them for that. Our alliance knows very well that we do not expect folks to purchase items to get through war. That said, we don't expect to ever finish higher than silver 1 either.

As others have said, war is basically a free game mode now for those non-competitive alliances. It's still a pretty terrible grind, but it's free to play, which objectively means any rewards you get are actually incredible rewards.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

If you're in a non competitive alliance AW is basically free now as all you have to do I buy 40% revives for 1 loyalty each. You can run AW for probably years for less than the cost of a potion. Posts like this don't even make sense.

I agree about the revives. I don’t take AW seriously so this works for me. Also it is more fun when you don’t care.
    Yep. I get that this new system is particularly taxing on the lower tiers that are still pushing and trying to move up as the loyalty gained is much less than the top tiers. For the non competitive alliances that are just participating and willing to land where they land, the addition of the 40% revives is probably the best change to AW in years though.
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    well all this is doing is showing the true skill and placement of alliances. how good are you really when you're fully boosted etc?? so without the reliable use of boosts, potions etc you get to see things that were hidden before. i don't care about showcasing my war talent so i don't push it on my alliance ... if they use items, so be it but it's not mandated.

this game should be enjoyed first and everything else second. way too much stress and energy is given to this game ... it's a G A M E. relax and just play.
  • The_man001The_man001 Member Posts: 624 ★★★

Glads said:

Ignoble said:

That's the bottom line.
    40% health is plenty to one shot most aw fights.
    Yes but that u Don't end fights by loosing 0% healths in aw do u?

So after 2 3 fights ur champ will be left with like 10% health in aw even considering the fact that 40% is enough to solo most aw fights.

Will u intentionally k. O. Ur champ then? To get that free revive?
  • The_man001The_man001 Member Posts: 624 ★★★

Glads said:

Ignoble said:

That's the bottom line.
    Solos don't matter if you're not playing competitively though. You basically clear the map for free and just take whatever wins you can get in the wars you wind up dying less than the opponent.
    Determining which is competitive is quite difficult. It cannot be determined only from tiers i guess. Looking at the tiers only plat 2 3 and above are competitive alliance in ur terms i guess?

I run 2 alliances one gold 2(54 million) and another gold 3.(42m) I consider both of that to be competitive and every member in our alliance will agree on that.

Soloes matter a lot on even gold 3 alliance. We run 2bg and most of the time we gave total of 20 kills approx. Means per bg 10 kill.
    There are 100 defender and 10 kills on an avg per bg lands us on gold 3. Now if u wanna **** about clearing map for free i can't help u bud and If i see someone intentionally getting ko to revive with those free revives they will be certainly kicked from my alliance.

My both alliance are not sure we will be running aw after this season ever or not.We only run aw this season cause we had stocked loyalty for this one.
    The gameplay is just frustrating for majority of members in both of my alliance. And honestly I have dont think its good idea to spend potions on aw for things that isn't our fault. Soon many spenders are realising this fact that spending money on broken game is useless. And when whales will it will be the end. So kabam better hurry whatever the hell are they doing in the name of fixing the game.
  • Suresh548Suresh548 Member Posts: 19

Hey Kabam,
    I really don't understand on what basis your doing this alliance war rankings. We're expecting to be in plat4 based on the above screenshot, but the outcome is different. Then why the hell you putting +62 ?. **** algorithms you have.
  • Kibble001Kibble001 Member Posts: 58
    War placement is based on points not who you’re matched up against. At rank 43 with 1 win, you are where your supposed to be. Your expectations are incorrect.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Member Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    Suresh548 said:

Hey Kabam,
    I really don't understand on what basis your doing this alliance war rankings. We're expecting to be in plat4 based on the above screenshot, but the outcome is different. Then why the hell you putting +62 ?. **** algorithms you have.

yea the +62 means nothing in the end, the points of winning or losing make it or break it. we were rank 480 plat and fought a 200th plat alliance, they clearly knew what they were doing and we lost. dropped to 12th place gold 1. its a strange one but its based off all alliance scores not just your own.