Options

EOP Warlock - Final Hours

I'm about to try this with Howard the Duck, already did a few attempts but i wanna know if you guys have any tips for me.

Comments

• Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Some basics:

* You will only deal damage with your special attacks.
    * Your special attacks need to be critical hits.
    * Warlock is immune to critical hits from special attacks while his armor up buff is active, so you need to armor break him.
    * When you inflict a debuff on Warlock, a node will power drain you if he cleanses it (which he does every 7 seconds).
    * If you're infected when this happens, you'll degen.
    * Warlock becomes debuff immune for a few seconds after he launches a special attack.

So what does this mean in terms of tactics?

* First of all: turn Willpower (and suicides, if you run them) off. That's absolutely #1. His degen will kill you otherwise.
    * Don't throw any special attacks until you've intercepted him (to get guaranteed critical hits) and have removed his armor up buff. It doesn't matter if the armor break itself is cleansed, as long as it removed the armor up buff first.
    * Don't try to stun or armor break him right after he has used a special attack, because he'll be immune to those effects.
    * Try to limit your use of debuffs against him in general so that you're not needlessly power-drained/degened.
    * Try to push him to his SP2 as much as possible since it just inflicts you with a non-damaging (if you've turned off Willpower) armor break and not a shock debuff, like his SP1 does.
    * To wrap things up: use special attacks against him after an intercept, and after you've removed his armor up buff.

40 minutes left. Let's go! Hope you get him down. Good luck.
  • Options
    MattDRKMattDRK Posts: 171
    Ercarret said:

Some basics:

* You will only deal damage with your special attacks.
    * Your special attacks need to be critical hits.
    * Warlock is immune to critical hits from special attacks while his armor up buff is active, so you need to armor break him.
    * When you inflict a debuff on Warlock, a node will power drain you if he cleanses it (which he does every 7 seconds).
    * If you're infected when this happens, you'll degen.
    * Warlock becomes debuff immune for a few seconds after he launches a special attack.

So what does this mean in terms of tactics?

* First of all: turn Willpower (and suicides, if you run them) off. That's absolutely #1. His degen will kill you otherwise.
    * Don't throw any special attacks until you've intercepted him (to get guaranteed critical hits) and have removed his armor up buff. It doesn't matter if the armor break itself is cleansed, as long as it removed the armor up buff first.
    * Don't try to stun or armor break him right after he has used a special attack, because he'll be immune to those effects.
    * Try to limit your use of debuffs against him in general so that you're not needlessly power-drained/degened.
    * Try to push him to his SP2 as much as possible since it just inflicts you with a non-damaging (if you've turned off Willpower) armor break and not a shock debuff, like his SP1 does.
    * To wrap things up: use special attacks against him after an intercept, and after you've removed his armor up buff.

40 minutes left. Let's go! Hope you get him down. Good luck.

Thanks man, i already got him down with the Duck, some revives spent (not even close to what i spent in Overseer) but that is irrelevant, very fun fight.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I liked it too. As soon as I understood the rules of the game, at least. It took a while to understand why I wasn't doing any damage and how to make sure I did going forward, but eventually it clicked and was a fairly enjoyable fight.

Good luck with the boss rush. :smile:
  • Options
    MattDRKMattDRK Posts: 171
    Ercarret said:

Yeah, I liked it too. As soon as I understood the rules of the game, at least. It took a while to understand why I wasn't doing any damage and how to make sure I did going forward, but eventually it clicked and was a fairly enjoyable fight.

Good luck with the boss rush. :smile:

At the first time i went for this fight i tried with ghost and couldn't figure out why she wasn't doing any damage, after reading his abilities i discover it. 😂

Good luck for you too! 👍