**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Quicksilver Thoughts

Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
So when kabam gave everyone free 2 and 3 star quicksilver, i decided to make a new account and test him out.
So in new account you only get a 2* version of the champ and receive a 3* version after you defeat thanos.
My observation after using the champ in different acts is:
1. He has amazing utility in all regards, just no immunities for act 4 onwards that includes the basic bleed poison ones…
2. One amazing piece of utility that Quicksilver has is the dodge mechanic- so basically without the dex mastery, I believe 95% of the champs cannot dodge the range special attacks and must block and therefore the dex mastery is necessary for them but quicksilver can dodge these specials without the dex mastery which is soo good!
3. In addition to the aforementioned utility in terminal velocity, he can dex all specials which can save you from the trouble of getting your a** kicked from special attacks of collector for example!
4. In the damage department, Quicksilver can deal alot of damage but… that damage is reliant in the whiplash debuffs and in debuff immune or tenacity matchups the damage is very bad because his basic combos deal very little damage.
5. His basic combo is 13-14 hits long in which quicksilver gains the power of a 5 hit combo whereas, the opponent gains the power of 14 hits… (sheesh😂)
6. In longer matchups, quicksilver can deal pretty much the same or may be more damage to the opponent if compared to other champs doing the normal rotation( getting terminal velocity+ building whiplash on the opponent and doubling them by sp2 and boom big energy damage!)
7. In short matchups on the other hand, it takes alot of time to get the opponent down because basic hits don’t deal as much damage and whiplash doesn’t expire altogether below 50. ( so in order for the whiplash to expire you only need to do light ending combos and not trigger any dexes or dodges—— which will pause or reset the whiplash timer and therefore it is hard to do that unless you’re gonna block everything and take alot of block damage!)

So, in the end i think quicksilver is really solid in both utility(really top utility!) and also in the damage department but the damage is lacking in shorter matchups.
I’d like to know your thoughts on quicksilver as well!

Comments

• NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 544 ★★★
    He’s the ultimate Doom counter. A heavy and 1 special 1 and he is permanently slowed, therefore NO Aura of Hazareth. 😏
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Bryce_BAM said:

5 is untrue. Power gain isn't as high as 14 hits from other champions.

You can end the Whiplash debuffs early by doing a medium light medium combo. A very short timer (black "S" passive) will start, after which all of them expire.

Power gain is significantly higher lets say about 9-10 hits.
    Thanks for the info on the MLM combo! I donno how i missed it, I usually read all the descriptions!
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 349 ★★★
    Scripps said:

He’s the ultimate Doom counter. A heavy and 1 special 1 and he is permanently slowed, therefore NO Aura of Hazareth. 😏

There are like a thousand other champions that are better at shutting Doom down
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★

Bryce_BAM said:

5 is untrue. Power gain isn't as high as 14 hits from other champions.

You can end the Whiplash debuffs early by doing a medium light medium combo. A very short timer (black "S" passive) will start, after which all of them expire.

Power gain is significantly higher lets say about 9-10 hits.
    Thanks for the info on the MLM combo! I donno how i missed it, I usually read all the descriptions!
    Power gain on opponents isn’t increased at all from normal champs (unless you’re on a weird champ/node), and QS can actually reduce combat power gain under the right circumstances.

Most champs can give the opponent ~1/2 a bar of power in a full MLLLM combo. If he gave 9-10 hits (not a valid measurement) or even the equivalent of 14 hits, that should be almost a full bar of power each long combo. Beyond the fact that this doesn’t happen, it would have a crazy impact on gameplay and lots of weird nodes/opponents. I’d be very interested if you could prove me wrong, but I haven’t seen anything to the contrary.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    He’s obviously an awesome champion, and he’s got a lot of hype in the community, but I’m yet to be convinced he’s at the same level as herc/ghost etc. which some people seems to believe