**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Magneto’s interaction with Peni Parker

Peni is immune to Ability Accuracy Reduction in terms of her ability to Auto-Block/Power Drain. Can anybody explain to me why Magneto interacts with Peni the way that he does? He doesn’t fully bypass her ability, but he does affect the ability accuracy adversely to his advantage. Is this a bug?

Comments

• Options
    AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    When fighting Magneto, Peni can’t autoblock him, and not because of ability accuracy but because of Magneto’s [Magnet] bonus:

She can still power burn him however.
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,499 ★★★★★
    I’m not sure what you mean by “affect ability accuracy adversely to his advantage” because that is a wildly contradictory sentence. I’ll explain what happens though. Magneto bypasses miss and autoblock against metal champions. Full stop. No AAR, doesn’t matter what nodes,abilities, etc are there. Magneto will not miss or be autoblocked by a metal champ. So peni will not autoblock magneto under any circumstances. But peni’s abilities say “whenever Peni WOULD autoblock, power burn. Not affected by ability accuracy.” So this means that whenever peni would autoblock, even if it doesn’t happen, the opponent is power burned. And that can’t be prevented by ability accuracy reduction. Hopefully this is what you were looking for
  • Options
    Allow me to clarify… Affect her ability accuracy in an adverse way for Peni, but to the advantage of Magneto.

Ahhh… You’re saying his Magnetism is different than his “Mutation”, which is always active. Makes sense. He’s not affecting her Ability Accuracy. His Mutation is kicked in.