**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How do I get demoted in BG? I'm in Diamond 1 and it's too high to win more matches.

Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
Could someone help me?

Comments

• Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Take half your good champs out of the deck.
  • Options

Take half your good champs out of the deck.

I'd still lose because I'd end up choosing between the bad champs at some point.
  • Options
    Rebark said:

I don't know if it's possible to be demoted in BG

Am I stuck in this high tier just for this month? or forever and a day?
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

Next month win two, lose two in purpose. This way you ll never get past Bronze, and u ll be able to get the trophy tokens for the five wins every two days, the only thing that a F2P player can actually get out of this mode.

Yeah but then you don't get the MASSIVE bonus chips from advancing..
    So it sounds like you keep advancing or you stay in one particular bracket… you can’t have both
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    This is the issue I have with BG as well. After you rise to the level of your competence, you’re stuck for the month. And then BG loses some of its interest.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★
    As time will pass...You'll get what you want.

Better players will advance to higher tier leaving the lower tier to compete among themselves.

The heavy brawlers are all sitting in Gladiator circuit with higher points.

So just get your 5 wins every 2 days.
    With time youll match accordingly and there is no need to push more than 5 victories every 2 days.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Next month win two, lose two in purpose. This way you ll never get past Bronze, and u ll be able to get the trophy tokens for the five wins every two days, the only thing that a F2P player can actually get out of this mode.

That's definitely a strategy that will get you some useful chips.
    I thought about doing it myself, but was having too much fun playing.

You're wrong about F2P players not being able to get anything out of this event, though: I'm fully F2P, Thronebreaker and very moderately skilled. But I've have already reached Plat-2, and acquired 12,000 Trophy Tokens - that's already enough to buy 15,000 6* shards, halfway through the event.

Believe me, I'm very 'Average Joe' for both skill and roster. So if I can do it, anyone can do it.

Battlegrounds are very like Alliance Wars: sure, the best rewards are at the top, and they're going to be enjoyed by the spenders. But there are plenty of rewards to keep the middle and lower-tiers playing.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022

This is the issue I have with BG as well. After you rise to the level of your competence, you’re stuck for the month. And then BG loses some of its interest.

I agree... there is an easy work around with this though, kabam need to bring in the season rewards to the victory track. I'm stuck in diamond 1 right now can't seem to win 2 in a row never mind 4, couple that with the month long nodes we got and I'm done with it now. Lots of potential for this mode but they've executed it completely wrong IMO
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

Or..perhaps..practicing against people at your level will help improve your skills/roster, and you’ll place higher in future seasons.
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

Or..perhaps..practicing against people at your level will help improve your skills/roster, and you’ll place higher in future seasons.
    Maybe OP doesn't have the time to smash friendlies AND try n climb victory track
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Mackey said:

FiiNCH said:

Maybe OP doesn't have the time to smash friendlies AND try n climb victory track
    You misunderstood. He said he was going to stop playing because he can’t progress. I said use this as a chance to practice and improve your roster to hit the higher levels in the next season.

Too many people are moaning because they don’t get an easy path to the gladiator circuit. It’s supposed to be a competitive mode.
    Actually you may just as well assume his opponents are also getting better.
    The problem is that thanks to the system design if you're among the weakest players of the batch, you are not moving down to play vs people of similar skill but just keep losing.
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Don’t worry mate, you don’t need to get demoted just wait it out… let the high level players reach gladiator circuit and then you can progress up as well fighting some similar strength accounts! This is what I’m doing as well!
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

Mackey said:

FiiNCH said:

You misunderstood. He said he was going to stop playing because he can’t progress. I said use this as a chance to practice and improve your roster to hit the higher levels in the next season.

Too many people are moaning because they don’t get an easy path to the gladiator circuit. It’s supposed to be a competitive mode.
    Ahh yeah ... that's fair lol

I do agree that it shouldn't be easy to get to glad circuit though!
  • Options
    tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 289 ★★
    FiiNCH said:

Mackey said:

FiiNCH said:

"Supposed" to be but it is not, lol. BG in its current design is far from competitive, lolzz
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    Correct me plz if im wrong, but i dont think its possible to get demoted, u can lose the tokens on your current tier, but after u lost em all, u dont lose anything after a loss, i dont think its possible to drop a tier, for example being plat3 and dropping to gold1 after losing
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Ok, you re right about the tokens you get while advancing. So, use the win one lose one strategy for three weeks and a half, and for the last let s say 5 days, play normally. The big guns will be in really advanced levels by then, so it s gonna be easier to advance to the title that s your actual skill limit and get the rewards while progressing.