**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

ICE PHOENIX

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    To be fair, it's not impossible. More difficult. This has been something that the community has been asking for, for quite some time. It's a new level of challenge for the EQ. Naturally, not everyone will be able to complete it right off the bat. As with most things in the game, some will have to work towards it.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Ganny76 wrote: »
    So basically still impossible with 5/50 champs for the most part. Thanks Kabam.

except there were screenshots of a 5/50 champ doing it. so...
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    To be fair, it's not impossible. More difficult. This has been something that the community has been asking for, for quite some time. It's a new level of challenge for the EQ. Naturally, not everyone will be able to complete it right off the bat. As with most things in the game, some will have to work towards it.
    Don’t think anyone asked for unavoidable damage.

FAL7EN wrote: »

It has to have SOME type of difficulty. Otherwise what's the point?
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★

I’m sure there’s a much better way to add difficulty than throwing in something that takes no skill.

the point is to do it under pressure with very little life.

I’m sure there’s a much better way to add difficulty than throwing in something that takes no skill.

It takes skill. You just can't do it unharmed.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    edited December 2017

It's not about "taking no skill", it's about having the roster after a period of natural progression. All of you complaining that only have 5/50s are in over your head. It sucks to hear but it's the truth.

I'm willing to bet you used a TON of resources on the collector right? Why the surprise when they have similar opponents in the new uncollected quest which happens to have even better rewards??

Besides, I knocked her out with R5 Stark after taking 15k out initially with someone else. 41 hits and was skating by with less than 2k health probably. It can be done with 5/50s.
    Qwerty wrote: »

the point is to do it under pressure with very little life.
    If that’s the point they’re trying to get across then they could have easily set the node to have the users life points start the match at a certain percentage.

Lol completed it early, just giving my input on the situation.

Lol completed it early, just giving my input on the situation.

I wasn't implying you didn't have the skill or didn't complete it. Just stating that it takes skill. I think the debate about Unavoidable Damage is never-ending, but it's really not that dire for me. It's not impossible to beat. It just means you have to do it as quickly and as skillfully as possible. No one ever promised we would end every Fight without taking Damage. Lol.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Soloed her with Starlord when the quest just released. Keep a 5* R4 champ at full life and play well, don't get hit.

• Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    I saw earlier in the thread that Kabam is working on reducing the sig level here to lessen the damage from cold snap....has this actually happened yet? I just ran at her a couple times with Rogue and AV (both 4/40) and got wrecked. Just not enough health left after they shrug it off.

I'm not **** about the difficulty, I just want to know if I'm fighting against the "fixed" Ice Phoenix or not. If her sig level has already been adjusted and this is what she is, then I'm not going to keep wasting energy on it. I'll just try and build up the pot/health stash and make a run at it near the end of the event.
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Nothing but a money grab! Good job kabam! You suck! And you not only have to go thru her once, but everytime to clear 100% wtf you guys thinking!?
  • EeyoureEeyoure Posts: 14
    Agreed she’s pretty difficult for just a mini boss. I hit the collector more times than i can hit this Phoenix before she kills me lol
    CoquiFongo wrote: »

Nope. Wrong.

There is no skill involved in taking 10-17k unavoidable damage(depending on someone's math).

Also you're too fixated on semantics.

There's skill involved when you're taking Unavoidable Damage and still have to take her down.
    Indrick781 wrote: »

Can you even play this difficulty?

Right. That's never been tried here before.
  • penvro56378penvro56378 Posts: 186
    on heroic mode how bad is it

All depends on what Rank your Champs are. Not bad if you have no trouble with previous Heroics.

All depends on what Rank your Champs are. Not bad if you have no trouble with previous Heroics.

i have no 5/50 champs how much damage will her stupid coldsnap do

You should be fine. It's only Master and Uncollected that get amped up. The latter being the worst.

You should be fine. It's only Master and Uncollected that get amped up. The latter being the worst.

ok thx man been hearing some crazy things 20k health no hits taken thats so insane

Can you even play this difficulty?

Right. That's never been tried here before.

I was genuinely asking. For all I know you've made considerable progress in the story mode. However, if you're not able to see why pre-nerf that having a 5/50 champ lose all of their health in 12 seconds without being touched is ridiculous and why even after the nerf having 80% of it gone is still ridiculous I don't know what to tell you.

We're discussing Unavoidable Damage. Not whether I can do it or not. I find it to be a last resort in a debate. When someone disagrees with a point of view, or has very little to counter with, it gets turned into questioning someone's ability. I wasn't really arguing that it was okay pre-adjustment. I was talking about the challenge in general. Obviously I agree with the adjustment.
  • waynegcorewaynegcore Posts: 93
    I am putting a request to have this fight further adjusted. This is not fun, challenging or interesting, it’s just bad design in my opinion, here is why.

Currently only Mephisto who is not in the base pool is immune to cold snap, so If you have him, this fight is probably no problem.

Otherwise it is an extremely tedious task of trying to figure which of your champs can actually survive this, requiring multiple runs.

If you do somehow survive, you cannot take a hit or in some cases even a blocked hit.

This would make sense if it was the end Boss and the node was “1 hit KO”, then the player would know what they are dealing with.

I really like the design of the Modok Lab, that is fun, interesting and challenging, but this is nearly making me rage quit the entire game when I see stuff like this. It makes the player feel cheated.

I will not be spending any money, units to complete this, you can keep the rewards.

I ask that again that you look into this further. Thanks.
  • This is just fine. You need to use potions in Akt 5 so you will need to use some in this Uncollected difficulty. It is fine as it is. Also I don't think it is as difficult as Akt 5.3 or 5.2.4. And look at those rewards.

Remeber the X-Enforcers Event some month ago. Same thing. One Iceman as a Mini-Boss that left you with about 20% Health. You have to single shot him and now her. No big deal.