**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

ICE PHOENIX

Comments

• Options
    LOL. Just saw that she was already nerfed. I fought her with that 30k PI. =D
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    cUbA_LiBrE wrote: »
    LOL. Just saw that she was already nerfed. I fought her with that 30k PI. =D

Yes. It's been mentioned that Resources will be reimbursed if you used them fighting her pre-adjustment. You just have to open a Support Ticket.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Psyyymahn
    on heroic mode how bad is it

All depends on what Rank your Champs are. Not bad if you have no trouble with previous Heroics.

i have no 5/50 champs how much damage will her stupid coldsnap do

You should be fine. It's only Master and Uncollected that get amped up. The latter being the worst.

Actually Master got nerfed...
  • Options
    Indrick781 wrote: »
    Indrick781 wrote: »
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    To be fair, it's not impossible. More difficult. This has been something that the community has been asking for, for quite some time. It's a new level of challenge for the EQ. Naturally, not everyone will be able to complete it right off the bat. As with most things in the game, some will have to work towards it.
    Don’t think anyone asked for unavoidable damage.

It has to have SOME type of difficulty. Otherwise what's the point?

Can you even play this difficulty?

Right. That's never been tried here before.

I was genuinely asking. For all I know you've made considerable progress in the story mode. However, if you're not able to see why pre-nerf that having a 5/50 champ lose all of their health in 12 seconds without being touched is ridiculous and why even after the nerf having 80% of it gone is still ridiculous I don't know what to tell you.

We're discussing Unavoidable Damage. Not whether I can do it or not. I find it to be a last resort in a debate. When someone disagrees with a point of view, or has very little to counter with, it gets turned into questioning someone's ability. I wasn't really arguing that it was okay pre-adjustment. I was talking about the challenge in general. Obviously I agree with the adjustment.

No, in this case I think it is a legitimate question. If you are offering grounded wisdom on the relative difficulty of a quest, whether it's an appropriate difficulty, whether it can be done with skill, etc., it ought to be content you are capable of doing. I'm not saying you aren't I honestly have no idea. But most people would answer the question especially if the answer is "yes". If you haven't fought Ice Phoenix on the uncollected quest you probably shouldn't have much to say on the subject. Glad you are in favor of the adjustment. Shame you didn't weigh in prior to it because I guarantee you would have been in favor of the per-adjusted version also.
  • Options
    For the record, I beat Uncollected Ice Phoenix with Magik. Screwed up with SL and ate a L1 but beat her with no items needed.
  • Options
    SnaggleSnaggle Posts: 226 ★★
    The rewards are amazing for a reason. It's not supposed to be easy.
  • Options
    JarekJarek Posts: 64
    agree, cos me all resources to drop her by 25k, this is ****. it says it deals 4375hp while all hp dissapears whitin few seconds...
  • Options
    And no, people are not "equally respected" when it comes to advice and opinions on difficult content. People offering said advice and opinions are respected when they can actually complete the content. This should be obvious.
  • Options
    Back to the topic. We've had the same debate when Iceman came, and again with Mephisto. I think we can establish that some Damage will be Unavoidable. The impact is larger because it's a new level of difficulty. I don't suspect that every Uncollected will have Unavoidable Damage. We will have to see. It's not supposed to be that easy, in all fairness.
  • Options
    How hard is it? Who did you use to fight her?
  • Options
    @LeNoirFaineant
    She was OK. Only fought her once so far. Used a R4 5* Starky. Only needed one try and she was easier then most stuff in 5.3. She had no BS Buffs except the unaviodable damage.
  • Options
    Lol thanks. Was wondering how @GroundedWisdom found her, but he won’t say because his opinions are all based on platitudes and generalizations as he hasn’t fought her
  • Options
    LeagueOfShadowsLeagueOfShadows Posts: 120
    edited December 2017
    It's not doing 700 per tick any loner, only about 400 give or take, but still, it's nonsense... There's no reason as to why a 4/55 should be left with less than 20% health after without even getting hit

• Options
    They lowered her Sig. That seems consistent with the change.
  • Options
    The dmg is still pretty ridiculous. 5* or somethin like Rogue is needed.. Not sure but here description says 4k dmg not 12k..
  • Options
    Apex1212Apex1212 Posts: 185
    You people will always complain about something it will never stop no matter what kabam does its an endless circle of crying.
  • Options
    Apex1212 wrote: »
    You people will always complain about something it will never stop no matter what kabam does its an endless circle of crying.

That's only human, I guess? :/
  • Options
    King Groot should be able to shrugg off Iceman's Coldsnap at the start of the fight after 0.5 second at the cost of one Fury charge (He always starts the fight with 2 Fury Buff). However this is not working properly. Kabam should fix this as soon as possible and before the end of the month.

Please see https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/36501/king-groot-cannot-shrugg-off-debuff#latest
  • Options
    FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Can you change the signature back to full strength please? I like a challenge and I really enjoy everyone whining about something that's been in the game before. It isn't your fault that they failed to overcome a situation that we encountered during Master Mode in the Iceman Monthly Quest.

Dude, stop slamming salts. Stay with energy drinks and stuff...
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    cUbA_LiBrE wrote: »
    Apex1212 wrote: »

That's only human, I guess? :/

Well, yes. Human, and common to this community. Not that I would criticize anyone's right to their feedback and concerns. Just a certain irony. For the longest time, people wanted another Difficulty, and said Master was too easy. Now that we have one, it's seen as unfair. Unavoidable Damage isn't new to the game at this point. The harder the content, the more Damage will be incurred. It gives a challenge either way. Otherwise it's the same type of content being released, and no matter how many Buffs or Nodes are added, it doesn't present much of a challenge to the demographic doing it. I don't see it as unfair. Just more challenging. It's more a matter of focusing on doing it than worrying about doing it untouched.
  • Options
    The more you persist, the more you prove my point about the purpose of that line of questioning. The conversation is moving on because it's not one that we are having.
  • Options
    This is explain why this game is pay to win