**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Absorbing Man coming soon?

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
Attuma has a new synergy called Fear Itself with a mystery character, which is most definitely Absorbing Man.

In the comic Fear Itself, seven characters are transformed into the Serpent of Fear’s Generals- Hulk, Titania, Juggernaut, Thing, Attuma, Grey Gargoyle, and Absorbing Man.

So unless this is some sort of misdirect and Grey Gargoyle in entering the game, it looks like Absorbing Man will be entering the contest

Comments

• Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★

I was thinking it'd be Sin/Skadi. She was one of the characters transformed by the Serpent as well. She also fits the horrible bosses synergy Titania has and in the Secret Empire section of the State of the Battlerealm map.

In remarks to the secret empire spot and horrible bosses synergy it's my boy Zemo
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

Attuma has a new synergy called Fear Itself with a mystery character, which is most definitely Absorbing Man.

In the comic Fear Itself, seven characters are transformed into the Serpent of Fear’s Generals- Hulk, Titania, Juggernaut, Thing, Attuma, Grey Gargoyle, and Absorbing Man.

So unless this is some sort of misdirect and Grey Gargoyle in entering the game, it looks like Absorbing Man will be entering the contest

Curious do you have an image of this? I tried looking before and didn't see this, but it could have been a visual glitch for me.
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★

Curious do you have an image of this? I tried looking before and didn't see this, but it could have been a visual glitch for me.

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

@BowTieJohn this is what i was talking about^
  • Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    I’m happy to see some references to Fear Itself, it was one of the first comics I read and enjoy going back to it from time to time. This synergy basically confirms either Absorbing Man, Grey Gargoyle or Sin are coming soon as said above. Since we just got Titania I feel like it’ll probably end up being Absorbing Man. On a side note, I’d love for the Serpent to eventually come to the game, perhaps with synergies with each of the Worthy to enhance them, similar to Apoc’s synergies.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★

I’m happy to see some references to Fear Itself, it was one of the first comics I read and enjoy going back to it from time to time. This synergy basically confirms either Absorbing Man, Grey Gargoyle or Sin are coming soon as said above. Since we just got Titania I feel like it’ll probably end up being Absorbing Man. On a side note, I’d love for the Serpent to eventually come to the game, perhaps with synergies with each of the Worthy to enhance them, similar to Apoc’s synergies.

Pretty sure thier version of the serpent is the chronoserpent who's already confirmed to be the next big bad after kang (again).
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

Siliyo said:

@BowTieJohn this is what i was talking about^
    Thank you! I also noticed the synergy is only for 5* and 6* version not lower rarities.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,605 ★★★★
    Maybe Absorbing Man is gonna be a super OP trophy champion? He could have a mechanic where he changes his state, gaining different abilities along the way like Coldsnap, Incinerate, Armor Up, and Poison!