**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Battlegrounds matchmaking system needs to be balanced, and it's very important

So I have 2x6 star champs on rank 4, third one is coming
Im playing the battlegrounds, i find the mode very fun and its probably the best mode in the game rn.
But as a competetive mode the matchmaking system misses a huge attention at this point
As i said i have only 2xR4's and probably 7-8 R3's and i cant stop getting Paragon opponents with ~10 R4's and the rest R3's on their deck. And its breaking the balance, im constantly losing the match Just because, for example, my 5* archangel is slower than the opponent's 6* R4 archangel
So it needs to be balanced, it'll be more competetive, and fair, otherwise it doesn't make any sense, sometimes i feel like an easy target
-There should be a BG deck hero rating/prestige gradation
-1,2,3 stars should be banned from bg, at least for high tier accounts (starting from Uncolleced and higher)
-(You can put your ideas in the comments)
But this needs an attention
I will be very happy if some of the Kabam guys will notice this and gives a reply
Wish a Luck and Peace to everyone!!

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,007 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    Banning 1, 2 and 3 stars would allow stronger players to start sandbagging again, to some extent at least. There's three possible solutions that could work imo:
    1. Matchmaking completely random, and at the start of the season Paragons start on plat 3, TB on gold 3, Cav on silver 3 and UC on bronze 3.
    2. Different tiers similar to incursion tiers based on champ rarity (and rank maybe).
    3. Total hero rating (only issue with this one is many UC and Cavs would make it into GC before Paragons and TB so maybe make GC exclusive to TB and above).
  • Options
    Who_knewWho_knew Posts: 50
    I am cav with 0 R4 and only get matched against paragon. Gave up yesterday after not having a win in almost a week. Figured I hit my limit and will wait till next season to pick it back up.
  • Options
    IamGrO_otIamGrO_ot Posts: 172 ★★
    In a similar situation myself. Prestige 14.5k. 2 R4s and 4 R3s at 200 sig. Constantly facing Paragons with half a deck of R4s, the rest R3. I still made it to the GC. But I think its wrong that UC/Cav dosn’t face TBs and Paragons before the GC now…

Do I think they will change it? No…

They did use BG rating in the Beta, it worked fine. But of course there are always some who will lower their rating with many losses, just to increase the possibility of getting a streak of wins.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Banning 1, 2 and 3 stars would allow stronger players to start sandbagging again, to some extent at least. There's three possible solutions that could work imo:
    1. Matchmaking completely random, and at the start of the season Paragons start on plat 3, TB on gold 3, Cav on silver 3 and UC on bronze 3.
    2. Different tiers similar to incursion tiers based on champ rarity (and rank maybe).
    3. Total hero rating (only issue with this one is many UC and Cavs would make it into GC before Paragons and TB so maybe make GC exclusive to TB and above).

Solution no3 is what is more or less happening right now, so it ain’t a solution is the problem itself.
    No1 is the most reasonable and fair from these three options.
    Also, another solution would be top15 average champ rating on deck. This eliminates sandbagging, but also allows players to play with any * rarity they choose, utilising all of their dusted lower rarities.
    But in my opinion, the problem starts from the stressful way Victory Track is designed.
    It’s really more stressful playing VT than GC, which is supposed to be the competitive mode.
    Doubling up the shields needed to advance from each bracket, and Victory award 2 shields (instead of 1), while keeping Loss takes away 1 shield, would make VT a lot of less stressful.
    Also, victory shields should cost 30 units and should persist if the match was won till you lose a match and get used.
    As it is now, they are way overpriced at 90 units, and for some stupid reason you lose it even if you win 😂
    The sure thing is that something has to change as soon as possible.
    We can’t have the same % of UC and Paragon players reaching GC.
    Is really Kabam awared, that atm they are passing free rewards to many lower UC accounts in disadvantage of many higher Paragon accounts?
    Same AW Prestige matchmaking bs all over again 😠

• Options
    sssynthwavesssynthwave Posts: 11
    or there should be some K/D or win to lose ratio statistics
  • Options
    Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 232 ★★
    To be clear, are you talking about in BGS in general, VT, or GC? I imagine you have an easy enough time reaching GC, so why should matchmaking be skewed in a gamemode where rewards are given to a player based on their relative performance compared to everyone else

(Kabam says) sandbagging is fixed, so who cares if people tactically use lower ranked champs anyway?

• Options
    Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Posts: 390 ★★★
    BG is a joke!!! We're not even allowed to look at the fight stats now, causing me to not trust them even more on knowing how to fix anything.

All Kabam does is say "nothing to see here, move along" or " ooo look at that shiny thing" in hopes that we forget about how jacked up the game truly is.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Yeah BG match making is a joke they took something that should have been fun and cool and made it stressful and irritating.