Not meant to be "SPOILER" so read with a little caution if you're just about to do UNCOLLECTED Event

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,048 ★★★
Just COMPLETED the UNCOLLECTED Monthly Event and here's my initial thoughts:

First a little about my game progression. 1 yr 3 months. 340K with 9 R5 4*s, 1 R4 5* (Magik duped), and 1 R3 5*, 20 R4 4*s.
Team used: 5* Magik, 4* R5 AA duped, 4* R5 Vision AoU duped, 4* R5 Ultron duped, 4* R5 IceMan duped.
Fighting ability: Slightly above Average (nowhere close to boss killer but can occasionally take out mini bosses in AQ)
Notable Events done: RoL (just last week), Boss Rush, Goldblum, RTTL Chapter 4 Round 2, Uncollected just a month ago

If you have at least 5 x R5 4*s (or better) everything is a breeze until Chapter 3 (Please Come Again) Last Resort. Nodes are just long fights, and try not to die.

So I felt it was going to be Collector level difficulty (Act 5.2.5 - Act 5.2.6) and it was actually a bit easier.

Things changed when I got to Ice Phoenix. I KOd Collector with just 10 L2 Revives with 5* Magik. Ice Phoenix is like Collector x 5 difficulty. Strangely enough, I thought my 5* Magik was going to be my best champ against Ice Phoenix but she wasn't. It was my 4* R5 Vision that did at least 30% of the damage when I include the total damage of the rest of my champs. I recommend watching YouTube videos on how to take her out before going in. It was just a brutal fight, altogether, and reminded me of what it was like fighting Maestro in Chapter 4 using an R4 4* and have no idea how to fight him. But Ice Phoenix is probably Maestro x 15 or 20 difficulty. (used 10 full Level 2 Team Revives on this fight alone)

The Task Master after Ice Phoenix wasn't too bad. Fight with skill and you can take him out without revives. Task Master is much much easier than Ice Phoenix. Again Vision was the most useful champ against him.

Hot Stone Massage had some difficult nodes but everything is skill until you get to MODOK. I think he's around 20-30% more difficult than Collector. Great fighting skills will help you with MODOK unlike with Ice Phoenix, so with my slightly above average fighting skills I took MODOK out with less than 3 full L2 team revives.

I spent a total of 1500 units to COMPLETE Uncollected Monthly difficulty. 1000 units on Ice Phoenix fights, 300 on MODOK and 200 on some other nodes I became careless.

I know it was unit galore for my first try so hopefully in the next few weeks I can get better. It's not impossible. It's just that Ice Phoenix fight was really crazy.

Good luck and I hope you spend less than I did.

Comments

  • ... that’s a buttload of units...
  • JmoneysteckJmoneysteck Posts: 196
    to think that ice phoenix or modok was anywhere near the collector is ridiculous. ice phoenix i took out with a full health 5/50 starlord in 70
    hits modok is not too bad just need to time the l1 and dont finish combos
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    to think that ice phoenix or modok was anywhere near the collector is ridiculous. ice phoenix i took out with a full health 5/50 starlord in 70
    hits modok is not too bad just need to time the l1 and dont finish combos

    On a scale of 1-100 fighting skill, you're probably 90-95, i'm like 15-20. :smile:
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    to think that ice phoenix or modok was anywhere near the collector is ridiculous. ice phoenix i took out with a full health 5/50 starlord in 70
    hits modok is not too bad just need to time the l1 and dont finish combos

    Collector wasn't THAT hard at all when I got to him. Ice Phoenix was just brutal. Can't even get near sometimes. Her ice armor just made fights brutally difficult. But it's all a matter of how we went in the fights, I suppose. I prepared well against the Collector (watched like 5 videos on YouTube and studied what he did). On Ice Phoenix I just took my chance and found out for myself.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,087 ★★★
    The collector was way easier for me than modok
    Ice phoenix is easy to fight but the problem is her cold snap that takes almost all health
  • Using a 4* kind of sucked. By the time coldsnap was over had like 2-3 blocked hits of health left. So had to intercept the whole fight. She’s got the highest attack I think I’ve ever seen.
  • Balm82Balm82 Posts: 181
    Use champs that reduce the cold snap, Rogue, karnak
  • gatra_hpgatra_hp Posts: 98
    ice phoenix is harder than the collector?? lmaooo

    no. she IS NOT. collector is much harder.

    i beat her in one single fight with my 5* spark 4/55. and i’ve 100% uncollected quest with 300 units only.
  • sonisoni Posts: 1
    I dont know how u guyz keep saying collector was easy than that ice phoenix. Ryt now i hv only 1 5*r4 iron man and by the time i beat collector i hd none sure it took me some revives( around 4 i think) to fight the collector but fighting icephoenix is nuts and that heal block adds more to it. Cold snap damage should be decreased a little. I m not getting passed to that icephoenix. M not a spender that much and by the time i do some damage to him, m koed wid that cold snap of hers.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I haven't had to use revives against Ice Phoenix or Modok, but I used multiple team revives against the Collector every time I fought him. I don't think there is any comparison, the Collector is much much more difficult.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,087 ★★★
    gatra_hp wrote: »
    ice phoenix is harder than the collector?? lmaooo

    no. she IS NOT. collector is much harder.

    i beat her in one single fight with my 5* spark 4/55. and i’ve 100% uncollected quest with 300 units only.

    You used stark 5* r4
    Why won't it be easy
    For those using r5 4* it's difficult
  • Ice Phoenix is definitely 10× harder than the collector. Its impossible to beat her without SL or some other Rank 4 5 star.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 507 ★★★
    I used so many units on this quest probably at least 1000. My fault for jumping in headfirst. I think the things that make the quest so bull are the Autoblock and Unblockable attacks. I thought intercepting was supposed to be the best skill you could have in the game and there are so many characters that are making this mechanic worthless. Block/Parry is already taking too much damage and don't work correctly in the first place. So what are we supposed to do?
    Idk just my take on this game right now. I love it and I hate it at the same time. Great content but too many flaws surrounding the content.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 168
    raffster wrote: »
    Just COMPLETED the UNCOLLECTED Monthly Event and here's my initial thoughts:

    First a little about my game progression. 1 yr 3 months. 340K with 9 R5 4*s, 1 R4 5* (Magik duped), and 1 R3 5*, 20 R4 4*s.
    Team used: 5* Magik, 4* R5 AA duped, 4* R5 Vision AoU duped, 4* R5 Ultron duped, 4* R5 IceMan duped.
    Fighting ability: Slightly above Average (nowhere close to boss killer but can occasionally take out mini bosses in AQ)
    Notable Events done: RoL (just last week), Boss Rush, Goldblum, RTTL Chapter 4 Round 2, Uncollected just a month ago

    If you have at least 5 x R5 4*s (or better) everything is a breeze until Chapter 3 (Please Come Again) Last Resort. Nodes are just long fights, and try not to die.

    So I felt it was going to be Collector level difficulty (Act 5.2.5 - Act 5.2.6) and it was actually a bit easier.

    Things changed when I got to Ice Phoenix. I KOd Collector with just 10 L2 Revives with 5* Magik. Ice Phoenix is like Collector x 5 difficulty. Strangely enough, I thought my 5* Magik was going to be my best champ against Ice Phoenix but she wasn't. It was my 4* R5 Vision that did at least 30% of the damage when I include the total damage of the rest of my champs. I recommend watching YouTube videos on how to take her out before going in. It was just a brutal fight, altogether, and reminded me of what it was like fighting Maestro in Chapter 4 using an R4 4* and have no idea how to fight him. But Ice Phoenix is probably Maestro x 15 or 20 difficulty. (used 10 full Level 2 Team Revives on this fight alone)

    The Task Master after Ice Phoenix wasn't too bad. Fight with skill and you can take him out without revives. Task Master is much much easier than Ice Phoenix. Again Vision was the most useful champ against him.

    Hot Stone Massage had some difficult nodes but everything is skill until you get to MODOK. I think he's around 20-30% more difficult than Collector. Great fighting skills will help you with MODOK unlike with Ice Phoenix, so with my slightly above average fighting skills I took MODOK out with less than 3 full L2 team revives.

    I spent a total of 1500 units to COMPLETE Uncollected Monthly difficulty. 1000 units on Ice Phoenix fights, 300 on MODOK and 200 on some other nodes I became careless.

    I know it was unit galore for my first try so hopefully in the next few weeks I can get better. It's not impossible. It's just that Ice Phoenix fight was really crazy.

    Good luck and I hope you spend less than I did.

    Fair play for being honest in your approach.. but is essence you are not ready for this level of content.

    I have fully explored uncollected and only spent units in energy, I used the odd 20% revive here and there as doing quest at speed to finish it.

    For all those struggling with Ice Phoenix she is easy.. if you have Mephisto (mine is only r3) is a long fight but not hard. Modok is a pain with random blocking but again he bleed and does not have high armour.

    People need to remember this content is for end game. It should be hard, I’m glad it is, as rewards are worth the effort.
  • ImranImran Posts: 212
    If u survive ice pheonix coldsnap she is diffinitely easy. That coldsnap is killer. And she is not harder than modok, collector.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 5,398 ★★★★★
    I suppose if you can't get past coldsnap you might feel like Ice Phoenix is harder than the collector because you die without doing any real damage whereas you could at least take a chunk out of the collector. She isn't actually harder than the collector because lots of people can one shot her but for some players she could be harder. Kind of like on pre nerf Act 4, Maestro was impossible for me until I duped my 4* SL. Couldn't get past arc overload with my other champs. I had already beaten slashed tires Juggs but Maestro was much harder...until he became easier.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    gatra_hp wrote: »
    ice phoenix is harder than the collector?? lmaooo

    no. she IS NOT. collector is much harder.

    i beat her in one single fight with my 5* spark 4/55. and i’ve 100% uncollected quest with 300 units only.

    Try with another champ and post video here. Thanks.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Monk1 wrote: »
    raffster wrote: »

    Fair play for being honest in your approach.. but is essence you are not ready for this level of content.

    I have fully explored uncollected and only spent units in energy, I used the odd 20% revive here and there as doing quest at speed to finish it.

    For all those struggling with Ice Phoenix she is easy.. if you have Mephisto (mine is only r3) is a long fight but not hard. Modok is a pain with random blocking but again he bleed and does not have high armour.

    People need to remember this content is for end game. It should be hard, I’m glad it is, as rewards are worth the effort.

    Yes, I actually feel exactly that way. Totally not ready for this level yet. I just wanted to push myself and see how I far I can get. It was really just Ice Phoenix, Task Master and MODOK that gave me a lot of trouble. The rest of the nodes were not difficult at all (I made it to all these bosses with almost all champs at full health).
Sign In or Register to comment.